DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   More Dragon Dynasty on the Way (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/574047-more-dragon-dynasty-way.html)

godzilla rules 05-20-10 11:20 AM

More Dragon Dynasty on the Way

In an early announcement to retailers, it has been revealed that, on August 10, Vivendi Visual Entertainment will release four Asian films as part of its Dragon Dynasty collection: An Empress and the Warriors (Kwong saan mei yan, 2008); Invisible Target (Naam yi boon sik, 2007); The Legend of Fong Sai Yuk (Fong Sai Yuk, 1993), and Tai Chi Master (Tai ji: Zhang San Feng, 1993).

I know that Dragon Dynasty has been the best when it comes to their blu-rays, but I think that they are getting better.

BuckNaked2k 05-20-10 11:26 AM

Re: More Dragon Dynasty on the Way

Originally Posted by godzilla rules (Post 10169087)
I know that Dragon Dynasty has not been the best when it comes to their blu-rays, but I think that they are getting better.

Fixed.

stingermck 05-20-10 11:33 AM

Nice. Invisible Target, The Legend of Fong Sai Yuk and Tai Chi Master for me.

zombeaner 05-20-10 12:09 PM

I have the UK Empress and the Warriors, but I'll get the rest!

Solid Snake 05-20-10 01:04 PM

Yeah....how about we fucking wait for the reviews before we even say anything?

Dragon Lee 05-20-10 01:40 PM

Boring. None of these interest me. I want Kill Zone, Flash Point and The Rebel.

asianxcore 05-20-10 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC (Post 10169295)

^
This

zombeaner 05-20-10 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC (Post 10169295)

That is an unusually aggressive response.

Solid Snake 05-21-10 10:12 AM

It's actually not directed at you...just...in general. I think it's time we all get cautious for DD releases. YES, those titles are well loved by a lot of us...but...the quality received on the format is very lacking. So...until we get reviews...I won't get excited.

doctorthodt 05-21-10 10:18 AM

Great. Can't wait for more lackluster PQ, dubtitles, and lossy audio tracks.

Solid Snake 05-21-10 10:26 AM

^this is what most of us fear..and with good reason based on there current and very steady record so far.

Robert 06-08-10 10:17 AM

Saw Kill Zone and Invisible Target at Best Buy today. They have stickers that say "Best Buy Exclusive" and are $19.99.

Kedrix 06-08-10 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by Robert (Post 10200414)
Saw Kill Zone and Invisible Target at Best Buy today. They have stickers that say "Best Buy Exclusive" and are $19.99.

Also per Dragon Dynasty on Facebook, Legend of the Black Scorpion also hit Blu-ray at Best Buy. I would assume for the same price. I already has LOTBS on dvd but Kill Zone is awfully enticing.

godzilla rules 06-08-10 11:03 AM

I'm about to head to Best Buy, but I'll bet that the BRs that are scheduled for August are being released at Best Buy today.

gryffinmaster 06-08-10 11:18 AM

Might just have to make the 30-minute trek to Best Buy this evening to check on <del>Legend of the Black Scorpion</del> The Banquet. :up:

slop101 06-08-10 01:03 PM

I already have the blu-rays for The Banquet and Empress & the Warriors from other countries. But I did buy Tai-Chi Master, as it's one of my favorite HK martial-arts movies of all time - I hope it has a good transfer. I also got Killzone since the HK/UK blu-ray of that cost too much back when I was thinking of getting it.

Anyone watch these yet - how do they look? I mostly want to know how they compare to their blu-rays from other countries, specifically The Banquet and Empress & Warriors.

godzilla rules 06-08-10 02:12 PM

I got Kill Zone and Tai Chi Master. They had all of the Dragon Dynasty movies that are due out in August. Kill Zone does not have all of the special features from the dvd. It does have a lossless DTS track. Tai Chi Master does not have that annoying clipping effect that the dvd had. Overall, I am happy with these and plan to pick up the rest when I get paid.

Giles 06-08-10 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster (Post 10200544)
Might just have to make the 30-minute trek to Best Buy this evening to check on <del>Legend of the Black Scorpion</del> The Banquet. :up:

isn't the cut of 'Legend of the Black Scorpion' actually not a complete, but slightly edited version of 'The Banquet'?

gryffinmaster 06-08-10 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Giles (Post 10201027)
isn't the cut of 'Legend of the Black Scorpion' actually not a complete, but slightly edited version of 'The Banquet'?

Negative. Runtime for The Legend of the Black Scorpion sits at 2:10:56, edit: while MegaStar's presentation of The Banquet runs 2:10:43.

http://i375.photobucket.com/albums/o...scorpion-1.jpg

Giles 06-08-10 05:11 PM

oh good, thanks for the verification gryff

Dragon Lee 06-08-10 08:48 PM

Originally Posted by godzilla rules (Post 10200903)
Kill Zone does not have all of the special features from the dvd.

BOOOOOOO!!!

It does have a lossless DTS track.
YAAAAAAAAY!!!

Tai Chi Master does not have that annoying clipping effect that the dvd had. Overall, I am happy with these and plan to pick up the rest when I get paid.
Could u check the run time for Tai Chi Master becuz someone else on another board claims DD used a cut version for the UK DVD and possibly this BD release as well.

godzilla rules 06-09-10 12:11 AM

The running time on the blu-ray is the same as the dvd, which was the Dimension cut of the film.

Dragon Lee 06-09-10 01:05 PM

No, the DD DVD was actually the uncut version. The dimension version runs the same length but thats just becuz of the new credits. If anyone actually bought this, please post details, thoughts and what not. Thanx!

Also, just wanted to mention that The Legend of Fong Sai Yuk is now simply "The Legend". Apparently they went back to the original American re-title.

godzilla rules 06-09-10 11:16 PM

If they did use a cut version in the U.K. it would be because of censorship issues that we don't have in the U.S. I did buy the blu-ray and I think that the movie looks the best that it can. Hong Kong movies are not kept up like U.S. movies, but the transfer is a definite upgrade from the dvd.

asianxcore 06-10-10 05:01 AM

Anyone have opinions on the A/V on Kill Zone/SPL? Subtitles or Dubtitles?