Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Rambo - Uncut - July 27

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Rambo - Uncut - July 27

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-10, 02:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rambo - Uncut - July 27

dvdactive just posted this:
Lionsgate Home Entertainment has announced DVD and Blu-ray releases of Rambo - Extended Cut for the 27th July. The film will include 9 extra uncut minutes. Each release will also include a 60 minute production diary.

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/rambo6.html

Edit: Eh, can a mod change the title to Extended Cut rather than UNCUT? Also it appears there is another thread for both in the dvd forum. Not sure if this one is still needed or what.

Last edited by Rammsteinfan; 05-04-10 at 03:00 PM.
Old 05-04-10, 02:35 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 278 Likes on 179 Posts
Re: Rambo - Uncut - July 27

Damnit, I don't know if I can justify a triple dip. I guess it depends on what the uncut footage is...if it's action I might bite.
Old 05-04-10, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

Eh, looks underwhelming. I'd rather wait for a repackaging of them a few yrs down the road...
Old 05-04-10, 03:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I can easily justify the triple-dip for me: This movie kicks ass.
Old 05-04-10, 03:51 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Man, I figured the movie already was uncut.
Old 05-04-10, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I loved this flick. It will be mine. Oh yes, it will be mine.
Old 05-04-10, 04:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy crap, it's real
Old 05-04-10, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

From Sly's interview with Empire:

Stallone’s not done with Rambo completely, though. He told Empire that he’s at work on a director’s cut of Rambo which will restore twelve minutes to the movie, including a surprising outburst of loquaciousness for the mumbling man of action at the movie’s beginning.

“He does a speech at the beginning of the movie to Julie Benz where he lays out why his life has been a complete disappointment and why war is natural and peace is an accident,” added Stallone. “And how he just feels that his life has been a waste. It’s very important to hear that and I didn’t think so at the time. I’m going to go back and put in some stuff.”
Old 05-04-10, 05:16 PM

Received 98 Likes on 81 Posts

Looking forward to picking this up.
Old 05-04-10, 06:15 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

this movie was INsane! it was like a Troma movie with a big budget - blood!, gore!, violence!, movie mayhem for the most jaded action film lover
Old 05-04-10, 06:23 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

glad i didn't upgrade my dvd copy
Old 05-04-10, 06:28 PM

i have the uncut version ala steelbook.
Old 05-04-10, 06:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Can't wait.
Old 05-04-10, 08:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

I'll probably stick with my DVD copy, mostly because all the violence/gore is already in the "R" Rated version
Old 05-04-10, 08:28 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

I will double dip when Stallone adds in the 12 minutes he's talking about with the crucial dialogue exchange.
Old 05-04-10, 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by asianxcore
I'll probably stick with my DVD copy, mostly because all the violence/gore is already in the "R" Rated version
it amazes me that the MPAA actually gave this movie an R-rating - the level of carnage was just off the wall.
Old 05-04-10, 08:40 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Giles
it amazes me that the MPAA actually gave this movie an R-rating - the level of carnage was just off the wall.
I'll admit it is pretty fucking brutal for an R. In the commentary I think Sly says they gave it that and kept it at that rating cuz of the nature of the material and the actuality at the level of brutality over there in Burma.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 05-04-10 at 08:49 PM.
Old 05-04-10, 09:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

This movie was money, I will double dip for my first blu ray double dip with this.
Old 05-04-10, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
I'll admit it is pretty fucking brutal for an R. In the commentary I think Sly says they gave it that and kept it at that rating cuz of the nature of the material and the actuality at the level of brutality over there in Burma.
yet I don't think a body will explode like a balloon under a hail of bullets - sure the violence was extreme, but the squib/FX work seemed to go a little overboard, thankfully it wasn't the typcial run of the mill fake looking CGI blood that seems to be a trend in alot of gory films.
Old 05-05-10, 09:27 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

If you read the thread in the DVDtalk forum, the Producer is actually talking about certain things between both versions. He said that the extended cut opens differently than the theatrical.
Old 05-05-10, 12:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Solid Snake PAC
I agree, especially when you throw kids into the mix as well. I thought that was a taboo of sorts.
Old 05-05-10, 05:27 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TylerDurden_73
If you read the thread in the DVDtalk forum, the Producer is actually talking about certain things between both versions. He said that the extended cut opens differently than the theatrical.
From the DVDtalk forum. Cliff is the producer guy.

Originally Posted by CliffStephenson
Yes, the "R" rated theatrical release was uncut. The extended cut isn't simply a couple of deleted scenes or violent bits added back into the movie, but rather a complete recut. For example, the movie no longer begins with the "contest" the soldiers force upon the Karen villagers. There are lots of little tweaks, restructuring and changes throughout(including the removal or shortening of some of the more questionable FX shots). I happen to think it's a far superior version of the movie when directly compared to the theatrical cut.
I PMed him to start posting here too.

Last edited by Solid Snake; 05-05-10 at 05:32 PM.
Old 05-05-10, 11:50 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 623 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by Giles
yet I don't think a body will explode like a balloon under a hail of bullets
They do when they're nailed by .50-caliber rounds.

I've been looking forward to this cut since Stallone first mused about it.

I hope he delivers on an extended version of that conversation in the rain. That scene was very awkward in the theatrical cut. The version that appears in the deleted scenes section of the BD was so much better.

This will be a day-one purchase for me.
Old 05-06-10, 04:07 AM

Hey guys,
Sorry, was spending all my time on the DVD side of the fence when I should REALLY have been spending it on the HD side. Not that it seems you have a ton of questions.

Yes, the conversation with Sarah in the rain is back in. Only now it's been finished (the scene included on the original Blu-ray deleted scenes package wasn't mixed and was 1.78:1 Super35 ratio, so it's in the correct 2.40:1 now). I think that might have been the scene that really got the ball rolling on this new cut as Sly really started to regret cutting it once we were working on the Blu-ray (he even mentions so in the commentary). I'll have to check again quickly, but I think the minister's prayer (that was seen in the original Cannes trailer) is also back where it belongs. But in addition to the new scenes, some stuff is trimmed shorter in the new cut, some dialog has been replaced, and several scenes have been completely moved around. To me, it's a much better cut of the movie and I think most people out there will ultimately agree.
Old 05-06-10, 05:55 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 623 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by CliffStephenson
Hey guys,
Sorry, was spending all my time on the DVD side of the fence when I should REALLY have been spending it on the HD side. Not that it seems you have a ton of questions.

Yes, the conversation with Sarah in the rain is back in. Only now it's been finished (the scene included on the original Blu-ray deleted scenes package wasn't mixed and was 1.78:1 Super35 ratio, so it's in the correct 2.40:1 now). I think that might have been the scene that really got the ball rolling on this new cut as Sly really started to regret cutting it once we were working on the Blu-ray (he even mentions so in the commentary). I'll have to check again quickly, but I think the minister's prayer (that was seen in the original Cannes trailer) is also back where it belongs. But in addition to the new scenes, some stuff is trimmed shorter in the new cut, some dialog has been replaced, and several scenes have been completely moved around. To me, it's a much better cut of the movie and I think most people out there will ultimately agree.
Excellent news. That's a fantastic scene that really belongs in the film.

Will there be any changes to the final soundmix of the last action sequence? I ask because in the audio commentary Stallone had mentioned that he debated long and hard wether there should be music there or not.

Last edited by RocShemp; 05-06-10 at 05:59 AM.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.