Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Cameron Talks Avatar Redux, 3D, Titanic, Abyss/True Lies Blu-ray

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Cameron Talks Avatar Redux, 3D, Titanic, Abyss/True Lies Blu-ray

Old 04-05-24, 08:56 AM
  #801  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Bluelitespecial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 10,575
Received 414 Likes on 299 Posts
Re: Cameron Talks Avatar Redux, 3D, Titanic, Abyss/True Lies Blu-ray

Originally Posted by DJariya
Finally got a delivery estimate for my The Abyss order from Amazon. Coming between April 17th and 30th
Im still checking Amazon every day for when The Abyss will be in stock maybe it'll be that date range of the 17th-30th.
Old 04-05-24, 09:28 AM
  #802  
DVD Talk Legend
 
milo bloom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 18,282
Received 1,401 Likes on 1,026 Posts
Re: Cameron Talks Avatar Redux, 3D, Titanic, Abyss/True Lies Blu-ray

My OrbitDVD order came very quickly the other day the discs look good, won't have a chance to watch till this weekend.
Old 04-05-24, 09:28 AM
  #803  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Josh Z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Boston
Posts: 11,759
Received 254 Likes on 180 Posts
Re: Cameron Talks Avatar Redux, 3D, Titanic, Abyss/True Lies Blu-ray

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
Im still checking Amazon every day for when The Abyss will be in stock maybe it'll be that date range of the 17th-30th.
I'm still waiting for them to charge my card and send me a shipping notice.
Old 04-05-24, 12:07 PM
  #804  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 49,374
Received 898 Likes on 759 Posts
Re: Cameron Talks Avatar Redux, 3D, Titanic, Abyss/True Lies Blu-ray

first person to PM me, gets my The Abyss 4K digital code for free.
Old 04-05-24, 01:09 PM
  #805  
DVD Talk Hero
 
Why So Blu?'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 38,195
Received 1,187 Likes on 914 Posts
Re: Cameron Talks Avatar Redux, 3D, Titanic, Abyss/True Lies Blu-ray

My buddy received the DMC order I had placed through him and I should have all 5 4K discs tomorrow. Both Avatar Ultimate 4K sets, Aliens, True Lies, and The Abyss.
Old 04-05-24, 01:17 PM
  #806  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 49,374
Received 898 Likes on 759 Posts
Re: Cameron Talks Avatar Redux, 3D, Titanic, Abyss/True Lies Blu-ray

Originally Posted by OldBoy
first person to PM me, gets my The Abyss 4K digital code for free.
and Meathead gets it by a nose.
The following users liked this post:
Meathead (04-05-24)
Old 04-05-24, 01:32 PM
  #807  
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition
 
Meathead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Snowtown, USA
Posts: 4,274
Received 414 Likes on 285 Posts
Re: Cameron Talks Avatar Redux, 3D, Titanic, Abyss/True Lies Blu-ray

Originally Posted by OldBoy
and Meathead gets it by a nose.
Woohoo! Thanks OldBoy!
The following users liked this post:
OldBoy (04-05-24)
Old 04-09-24, 11:49 AM
  #808  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 60
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Cameron Talks Avatar Redux, 3D, Titanic, Abyss/True Lies Blu-ray

For anyone in Canada, all three titles are available for picking up in store at Best Buy locations.

Yes, Best Buy.
Old 04-09-24, 05:02 PM
  #809  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,668
Received 602 Likes on 444 Posts
Re: Cameron Talks Avatar Redux, 3D, Titanic, Abyss/True Lies Blu-ray

Originally Posted by Shooba
For anyone in Canada, all three titles are available for picking up in store at Best Buy locations.
And they look so lovely with their gigantic bilingual logos taking up acres of design space! ABYSS LíABYSSE, anyone?

Theyre also on Amazon Canada, but I think Iíll wait until I can get the sensible U.S. versions.
Old 04-09-24, 05:08 PM
  #810  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Bluelitespecial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 10,575
Received 414 Likes on 299 Posts
Re: Cameron Talks Avatar Redux, 3D, Titanic, Abyss/True Lies Blu-ray

I should be getting my copy of True Lies in the mail tomorrow.
Old 04-10-24, 03:51 PM
  #811  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 60
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Cameron Talks Avatar Redux, 3D, Titanic, Abyss/True Lies Blu-ray

Originally Posted by Brian T
And they look so lovely with their gigantic bilingual logos taking up acres of design space! ABYSS LíABYSSE, anyone?

Theyre also on Amazon Canada, but I think Iíll wait until I can get the sensible U.S. versions.
You might want to check with C&L Multimedia. They had the US version of Aliens in store a week or so ago.
Old 04-10-24, 06:07 PM
  #812  
DVD Talk Limited Edition
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 5,668
Received 602 Likes on 444 Posts
Re: Cameron Talks Avatar Redux, 3D, Titanic, Abyss/True Lies Blu-ray

Originally Posted by Shooba
You might want to check with C&L Multimedia. They had the US version of Aliens in store a week or so ago.
Thanks for the heads up on that site. Has a very 1990ís Ďweíre not changingí Buyoyo vibe to it, and just as slow at certain functions, but itís good to see another Canadian retailer with a physical space in addition to their website. Their pricing on TRUE LIES and ABYSS are CDN $45, which is more than Best Buy and Amazon, which are both overpriced as it is.

To be fair, Iím not actually interested in these titles until they go on sale in the U.S. (where I have two mailing addresses) for maybe $10-15 ó which they will eventually ó and while C&L does indeed show American artwork for them, I rarely trust any Canadian retailer to have American editions in stock even when they show pictures. I've been burned too many times.

Still, Iíve bookmarked the site and will poke around for bargains.
Old 04-11-24, 12:18 PM
  #813  
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 60
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Cameron Talks Avatar Redux, 3D, Titanic, Abyss/True Lies Blu-ray

Originally Posted by Brian T
Thanks for the heads up on that site. Has a very 1990ís Ďweíre not changingí Buyoyo vibe to it, and just as slow at certain functions, but itís good to see another Canadian retailer with a physical space in addition to their website. Their pricing on TRUE LIES and ABYSS are CDN $45, which is more than Best Buy and Amazon, which are both overpriced as it is.

To be fair, Iím not actually interested in these titles until they go on sale in the U.S. (where I have two mailing addresses) for maybe $10-15 ó which they will eventually ó and while C&L does indeed show American artwork for them, I rarely trust any Canadian retailer to have American editions in stock even when they show pictures. I've been burned too many times.

Still, Iíve bookmarked the site and will poke around for bargains.
They are pricey, but their selection is excellent.

The pricing on the Cameron titles might be due to importing USA versions. Right now, I'd pay more to order it from the USA.

I wouldn't order without confirming the version, if that's important to someone, but I did notice the USA versions were what they had in store.

The following users liked this post:
Brian T (04-11-24)
Old 04-11-24, 01:02 PM
  #814  
DVD Talk Legend
 
milo bloom's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Chicago suburbs
Posts: 18,282
Received 1,401 Likes on 1,026 Posts
Re: Cameron Talks Avatar Redux, 3D, Titanic, Abyss/True Lies Blu-ray

I got an alert from the Target app that they have The Abyss in stock, 24.99.

I got mine from Orbit already but I know folks are still looking.
Old 04-12-24, 09:56 AM
  #815  
DVD Talk Legend
 
bluetoast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 11,702
Received 273 Likes on 206 Posts
Re: Cameron Talks Avatar Redux, 3D, Titanic, Abyss/True Lies Blu-ray

I saw a random online ad for an Aliens documentary and was surprised to see James Cameron is among the interviewees. Seems relevant here.

https://aliens-expanded.com
Old 04-12-24, 08:05 PM
  #816  
DVD Talk Hall of Fame
 
Join Date: Feb 2000
Location: Sunny Hawaii
Posts: 8,114
Received 447 Likes on 305 Posts
Re: Cameron Talks Avatar Redux, 3D, Titanic, Abyss/True Lies Blu-ray

Originally Posted by bluetoast
I saw a random online ad for an Aliens documentary and was surprised to see James Cameron is among the interviewees. Seems relevant here.
I saw the same ad. Looks like it's an independent production in the vein of RoboDoc (about the same length too). Looks like they've got all the major participants you'd want, aside from Sigourney Weaver, Gale Anne Hurd, Paul Reiser, and (for obvious reasons) Bill Paxton, Al Matthews, and James Horner. But, I can't see spending $99 for a Blu-ray.
Old 04-14-24, 06:26 AM
  #817  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Bluelitespecial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 10,575
Received 414 Likes on 299 Posts
Re: Cameron Talks Avatar Redux, 3D, Titanic, Abyss/True Lies Blu-ray

The Abyss is back in stock at Amazon. I just ordered it and got a shipping notice it'll arrive between April 29th-May 6th.
Old 04-14-24, 06:35 AM
  #818  
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY
 
OldBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Are any of us really anywhere?
Posts: 49,374
Received 898 Likes on 759 Posts
Re: Cameron Talks Avatar Redux, 3D, Titanic, Abyss/True Lies Blu-ray

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial
The Abyss is back in stock at Amazon. I just ordered it and got a shipping notice it'll arrive between April 29th-May 6th.
they've opened up ordering again, but it certainly isn't in stock with the dates you gave.
Old 04-14-24, 06:41 AM
  #819  
DVD Talk Legend
 
Bluelitespecial's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 10,575
Received 414 Likes on 299 Posts
Re: Cameron Talks Avatar Redux, 3D, Titanic, Abyss/True Lies Blu-ray

Okay then but I just wanted to say you could order it again.

Last edited by Bluelitespecial; 04-14-24 at 08:11 AM.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.