Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Check your Digital Copies to see if they've expired

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Check your Digital Copies to see if they've expired

Old 08-15-10, 09:18 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: Check your Digital Copies to see if they've expired

Expiration date is printed on the back of the case. Most last for atleast a year. Stop being lazy. You snooze you lose.

Warner has expiration dates printed on the bottom of the back cover.
Old 08-16-10, 12:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here is a handy-dandy thread with expiration dates for just about everything out there with a digital copy:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-mov...-releases.html

David
Old 08-24-10, 07:11 PM

I just bought a bunch of blu-rays from the Hastings sale, that did not come with the digital copy code, but they did have the disk. Anyone not using your code and wants to share, I would owe you one.
Death Race
The Rocker
RocknRolla
Nick and Nora
Babylone AD
Street Fighter:the legend
Gamer
Ninaj Assassin
Book of Eli
Hot Tub Time Machine

Thanks!
Old 08-25-10, 02:10 PM

I was sent a code from Lionsgate, but now my disk won't read. Any able to help?

Thanks
Old 08-25-10, 03:20 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I got lucky a few weeks ago. I bought Wanted and even though the expiration was the end of last year, I was still able to transfer it to my laptop.
Old 05-23-12, 01:07 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 675 Likes on 451 Posts

I recently stopped procrastinating on my digital copies and tried to enter several dozen of them. Many were expired, but many were still good even after the printed expiration dates.

I was going to start a new thread with a simple table listing everything with dates and formats, but the below link at bluray.com is still being updated, so I won't bother recreating the wheel.

But fwiw, the code for You're a Good Sport, Charlie Brown DVD was still good, even though it says expiration of 4/25/11; The Rite was still good even with an expiration date of 5/15/12; True Grit and Green Lantern: Emerald Knights expire in the next week or two; Gamer BD worked past the printed 1/9/11; and the code on the DVD of AvP:Requiem worked even with an expiration of 4/14/09.
Originally Posted by diverdave
Here is a handy-dandy thread with expiration dates for just about everything out there with a digital copy:

http://forum.blu-ray.com/blu-ray-mov...-releases.html

David
Old 06-02-12, 11:12 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,012 Likes on 837 Posts

Armed with a new PC with a large hard drive, I've been catching up on a bunch of my Digital Copies I'd acquired over the last year or so. I'd lost one (Bridesmaids, which I missed by just a few days earlier this year) but others (True Grit, as Trevor mentioned, Hall Pass, Sucker Punch, etc.) expire this month so I got those just under the wire.

-Only one (Unknown) had an illegible code so after a few failed attempts I filed a request with WB's help site.

-Transformers DSOTM I couldn't get because the paramount site is down. I have till September on that one.

-Scarface had an Amazon option, which I don't think I've ever seen before. I went for the itunes version, but downloading it from that service rather than from the disc took 37 minutes compared to 3 for the coaster-disc versions.

-I had let Tangled and The Incredibles sit a little longer because of Disney's more liberal window and got them without any problem.

-I didn't do the Ultraviolet ones because I don't want to deal with that right now.

-I'm still annoyed that I got DCs of the first four Harry Potters through the Ultimate Editions, then the last three through new releases, but am missing #5 And yes, I know I missed the boat by not getting the UE for it but that's a long story.

-OT: I thought the X-Men First Class digital comics might be kind of cool but they were online only and expire in three months. I tried reading one but it was the crappy browser experience that kept me from buying all the DVD-ROM editions a while back.

-Others included Thor, Captain America, ROTPOTA, Muppets, Rango. Now I have a lot more options to take to the gym.
Old 06-02-12, 11:53 AM
Suspended

I wish they would just get rid of digital copies. All they do is make the price of the movie higher. I loathe seeing on my blu rays: "LIMITED EDITION BLU RAY/DVD, ULTRA VIOLET DIGITAL COPY". It just irks me.
Old 06-03-12, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by davidh777
-Only one (Unknown) had an illegible code so after a few failed attempts I filed a request with WB's help site.
Kudos to WB support for sending a new code on Saturday morning
Old 06-03-12, 02:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Handbrake, people, that's all you need.
Old 06-20-12, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Adding from other threads with Trevor-like OCD:

Kick-Ass: Just in case anyone is considering the Digital Copy part of the purchase, my disc says "Code might not work after August 31, 2011." Amazon doesn't always update this kind of stuff.
Originally Posted by madmod20061
It all depends. I bought this a few months back during a Best Buy U&S and the code worked fine. I also bought a a cheap Fantastic Four DVD from Amazon that the code expired years ago and it still worked. Warner seems to be a bigger stickler for code expiration dates, but even those sometimes still work.
Yes, it does depend. I missed Bridesmaids (Universal) by a few days earlier this year.
Originally Posted by mekeez
Same here and it really ticked me off. I'll think twice about getting Universal discs again.
Originally Posted by polarize
If anyone has problems with digital copy codes on Universal discs, you might want to try :

http://www.universalhidef.com/digitalcopy/support/

Fill out the form with your existing code, and they should send you a new one. I had an expired code when I bought a copy of Wanted and they sent me another code in about 2 or 3 days w/o any fuss.

The only caveat is that you'll need to download the copy from their servers, it won't 'reactivate' the copy that is on the digital copy disc. So make sure you have the time to complete the download.
Originally Posted by -BeeJay-
Non Amazon related, but does anyone know the expiration of the digital copy of The Incredibles?
I just downloaded it last week and there's no date on the packaging. Just says "subject to expiration" and to check disneyfile.com for more info.
Originally Posted by fujishig
I don't think the Disney digital codes expire, do they? I know I had to re-download all of them from itunes to get them to show up in my "purchased" tab.
Originally Posted by Todd B.
Apparently, Disney has made the expiration date on digital copies 2 years from release date. So for The Incredibles, that would be April 12, 2013.
Originally Posted by kenbenobi
I thought Disney never enforced the expiration dates. So if they do now, that blows. I have a ton I never activated.
Originally Posted by sotra
^ Several of mine have worked past the 2 yrs.
Originally Posted by Todd B.
I believe this is a recent change. I looked at that list earlier this year, and Wall-E was the only one listed as unavailable. Now, many more are.
Bumping to mention that I got the [LOTR Extended BD] set for Father's Day (suggested it when it was Amazon's Deal of the Week recently) and the digital copies expire on 6/26/12.
Old 08-14-12, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Not sure if this will help anyone out but I was redeeming a bunch of codes last night, all expired and thought I'd share:

Worked:
LOTR: Extended (all 3)
Inception
Sucker Punch

Non-working:
Zombieland
Watchmen
Old 08-22-12, 11:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Warner Bros. Adds Years to Digital Copy Expiration Dates; Will Reactivate Expired Codes

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/dig...d=news&_r=true

Looks like all of their codes are now extended through May 17, 2017. Great move and hopefully other studios follow.
Old 08-22-12, 11:34 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
Warner Bros. Adds Years to Digital Copy Expiration Dates; Will Reactivate Expired Codes

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/dig...d=news&_r=true

Looks like all of their codes are now extended through May 17, 2017. Great move and hopefully other studios follow.
Thank you, WB! Now I'm grateful that my OCD kept me from tossing out expired codes and coaster discs.
Old 08-22-12, 03:07 PM

Thank you, WB! Now I'm grateful that my OCD kept me from tossing out expired codes and coaster discs.
Ditto!!
Old 08-22-12, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Have we confirmed that previously expired codes are working now?
Old 08-22-12, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I just tossed an expired code two days ago. Errrr!
Old 08-22-12, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 324 Likes on 242 Posts

Originally Posted by JGaitan82
I wish they would just get rid of digital copies. All they do is make the price of the movie higher. I loathe seeing on my blu rays: "LIMITED EDITION BLU RAY/DVD, ULTRA VIOLET DIGITAL COPY". It just irks me.
I like the ones that give you the Amazon option...they credit you the Amazon price of the movie, but you don't HAVE to use the credit on THAT movie...you can use it to buy/rent other Amazon On Demand flicks. (the JAWS release is a recent example of this)
Old 08-22-12, 08:39 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 900 Likes on 761 Posts

Punisher: War Zone...expired in 2010, still worked.
Old 08-23-12, 02:07 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by Peep
I just tried two, Wonder Woman and Get Smart. Both said the code was not valid.

I guess I have to contact CS but first I'll see which other ones I have and try to get them all done at once. I think I let Dark Knight and Wizard of Oz expire as well.
Old 08-23-12, 08:31 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Peep
I think the article said it's hit and miss right now. They're probably working out the kinks. But I'm sure if you email them with your code, they'll send you a new one.
Old 08-23-12, 05:35 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Nice. My old Inception code that expired worked like a charm last night. Thanks for the heads up!
Old 08-27-12, 05:17 PM

I got an email from WB regarding a ticket I submitted 2 years ago about expired codes. Email said I can now use the code, but in order to do so, I have send them the code from the insert. I suspect they will re-activate it or send me a new one.

I have other movies with expired WB codes, and I asked them if those can be re-activated, as well. I'll update here when/if I get an answer to that question.
Old 12-31-12, 08:22 PM

Anyone know if any expire tonight? I'd rather not spend time putting them in, but hate having them expire.
Old 12-31-12, 08:43 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I've browsed your collection and several are expiring. Hurry!!

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.