Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Batman BD Anthology - Burton/Schumacher individual releases May 4

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Batman BD Anthology - Burton/Schumacher individual releases May 4

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-10, 11:46 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: Batman BD Anthology - Burton/Schumacher individual releases May 4

Originally Posted by Nick Martin
Right there with you.

I remember the only standard figure I could find was a two-pack of Batman and Robin. I had Two-Face (still have the coin he came with!) the Batmobile (I'm in the ridiculously tiny minority who loved the "Forever" Batmobile. Still love it), Batwing, Batboat and I built my own Batcave set and tried many, many times to make the Batboat float using styrofoam chunks inside the hull that split open to transform into a land vehicle. All attempts failed.

I hate, hate, HATE those stupid variant Batman figures that came with every movie.
I remember back in the early 90s, when I lived in Spring (right next to Houston), my room had a walk in closet. Now being 4-6 yr. old with that...well I made it my Batcave. I put some nails on that wall, put my cape and cowl in there. And EVERYTIME I was going to put that cape and cowl...I'd humm the badass Elfman Batman theme (that came on when Bats would also suit up) as I slowly and dramatically opened that door. Damnit it was good to be a kid.
Old 02-19-10, 12:23 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't like the look of slimline Blu cases. Now I'm conflicted, because I want all four (the first three for the movie, the last one for the extras). I always liked the look of the Anthology box...argh.
Old 02-19-10, 12:28 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
I don't like the look of slimline Blu cases. Now I'm conflicted, because I want all four (the first three for the movie, the last one for the extras). I always liked the look of the Anthology box...argh.
Well, there's always the side-loading UK box that looks exactly the same on the front:

Image from Amazon UK:

Old 02-19-10, 12:33 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster
Well, there's always the side-loading UK box that looks exactly the same on the front:

Image from Amazon UK:

Ha, actually, I liked the way it opened on the top and the discs sat inside, and I liked the way the sheathing was layered a bit, with the thinner strip for the Batman logo.

I'll probably get these four individual releases when they're on sale. I often see Warner DVDs at $10. I can get the first two sooner, and the other two later.
Old 02-19-10, 01:10 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As much as i really like Batman Forever, I still wish we would have had a chance to see what Billy Dee Williams would have been like as Two Face.
Even he has said in interviews that he was very disapointed that he didnt get to play him, being a batman fan for years he said he signed on for the part of Harvey Dent in Batman knowing he would eventually become Two Face.

I still think Billy-Dee Williams could have turned in a really cool performance as Two Face.
Old 02-19-10, 04:53 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 133 Likes on 107 Posts

I agree on Billy Dee
Old 02-19-10, 05:12 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

I grabbed the BD set for like $35 a while back. I'm good
Old 02-19-10, 05:14 PM
Banned

Bastard. I hate you for your great business sense.
Old 02-21-10, 09:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster
Well, there's always the side-loading UK box that looks exactly the same on the front
Didn't realize the UK set came with regular sized BD cases.

I might have to order that set soon, if I don't find the individual releases as cheap when May 4th rolls arund.
Old 02-22-10, 11:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by asianxcore
Didn't realize the UK set came with regular sized BD cases.
Just remember they come with regular sized UK cases, which are thicker than the regular sized US cases....a regular sized UK single disc Amaray case is about the same thickness as a US triple disc Vortex case (think G-Force or Angels & Demons).....
Old 02-22-10, 12:10 PM

Finally I can pick up Batman Forever without the drag of the other 3 flicks.
Old 04-21-10, 09:33 AM

FYI, I saw these out early at Best Buy. They were $19.99 a piece.

Can anybody else confirm that they have seen this? Is it just at Best Buy or at other stores as well?
Old 04-21-10, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by runnersdialzero
FYI, I saw these out early at Best Buy. They were $19.99 a piece.
They're not out early: the release date was moved up to April 20th. Should be available at Amazon, Best Buy, etc.

Old 04-21-10, 06:04 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I picked up RETURNS yesterday at BB. For some reason the price didnt rang up at 24.99 regularly and the cashier marked it down to $14.99 for some odd reason. Guess they read the tag wrong at $19.99 or hit the wrong key, either way, well worth the price. Watched some of it last night and the quality was pretty good.
Old 04-22-10, 12:41 AM

I picked up Batman Returns, since I already have the Batman digibook. I have no interest in the Schumacher movies.

Just out of curiosity, anyone have both the Batman digibook and the new release? Are the discs identical (disc art, transfer, extras, etc.)? Also, does it bring a digital copy?
Old 04-22-10, 12:52 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by RD1973
I picked up Batman Returns, since I already have the Batman digibook. I have no interest in the Schumacher movies.

Just out of curiosity, anyone have both the Batman digibook and the new release? Are the discs identical (disc art, transfer, extras, etc.)? Also, does it bring a digital copy?
I believe that the discs for the first film are identical, between the digibook and the Anthology set, and the digibook release also includes the digital copy disc.
Old 04-22-10, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by Yavin
I believe that the discs for the first film are identical, between the digibook and the Anthology set, and the digibook release also includes the digital copy disc.
Thanks, I was just curious to find out if they gave it new disc art or threw in a new video game trailer or something.
Old 04-15-12, 01:03 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts

Is this now out of print?

You can't find it at Best Buy, Barnes & Noble, Buy.com and at Amazon only the Amazon marketplace sellers have it.

Is there a new released planned with the Dark Knight Rises coming out this year?
Old 04-15-12, 03:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JeffTheAlpaca
Is this now out of print?

You can't find it at Best Buy, Barnes & Noble, Buy.com and at Amazon only the Amazon marketplace sellers have it.

Is there a new released planned with the Dark Knight Rises coming out this year?
It appears so.
Old 04-15-12, 05:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,156 Likes on 902 Posts

I wonder if Warner will try and push another complete set on us, updated with the Nolan films after Rises comes to Blu-ray or if they'll keep the Burton/Schumacher/Nolan films separated.

I still need to pick up Batman Forever at some point and will probably end up buying Batman & Robin for the extras. I'd be kind of interested to see the supposed director's cut version of Batman Forever that was rumored, but I doubt Warner would be willing to shell out to let Schumacher complete it.

Last edited by Mike86; 04-15-12 at 05:52 PM.
Old 04-17-12, 11:46 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 1,016 Likes on 840 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike86
I wonder if Warner will try and push another complete set on us, updated with the Nolan films after Rises comes to Blu-ray or if they'll keep the Burton/Schumacher/Nolan films separated.

I still need to pick up Batman Forever at some point and will probably end up buying Batman & Robin for the extras. I'd be kind of interested to see the supposed director's cut version of Batman Forever that was rumored, but I doubt Warner would be willing to shell out to let Schumacher complete it.
They kept the Nolans separate from the others last time, and I heard it was by insistence (Nolan's, I assume). A new release of the four-pack wouldn't surprise me at all, though.
Old 04-17-12, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 314 Likes on 215 Posts

I also assume there will be a super fancy special edition box set of the Nolan trilogy only at some point in the future.
Old 04-17-12, 01:29 PM

Received 32 Likes on 26 Posts

I just revisited 1 & 2 (the Burton ones) and was pleasantly entertained, yes they were more on the fantastical side but Keaton as Bruce Wayne is still cool. Now I'll move to the other two,

PS: I dunno why ppl didn't just buy the UK region free boxset it was like $6 per movie on blu-ray and even though the movie might suck u get a nice documentary of the making of a turd.

Last edited by nando820; 04-17-12 at 01:35 PM.
Old 04-17-12, 02:44 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Batman & Robin is worth it just for the two-hour-long apology by Joel Schumacher in the form of audio-commentary.

That sounds like a joke, but it isn't.

I paid $12.99 for the BD set at a used DVD store. I believe they thought it was only the first movie, dur.
Old 04-17-12, 04:02 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by nando820
I just revisited 1 & 2 (the Burton ones) and was pleasantly entertained, yes they were more on the fantastical side but Keaton as Bruce Wayne is still cool. Now I'll move to the other two,

PS: I dunno why ppl didn't just buy the UK region free boxset it was like $6 per movie on blu-ray and even though the movie might suck u get a nice documentary of the making of a turd.
probably cuz of that awesome sticker/symbol/tag/whatever the fuck else you want to call it that the UK loves to put on covers. It just sticks out. Makes you wish it was a real sticker.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.