Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel Bluray+ DVD + Digital copy combo

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel Bluray+ DVD + Digital copy combo

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-10, 10:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel Bluray+ DVD + Digital copy combo

I enjoyed G-force but for some reason I just don't think I can enjoy Chipmunks. I love actual chipmunks. But the characters look extremely childish. The chipmunks, then their girlfriends. I mean a thin chipmunk girl in a pink sweater and pink glasses? Come on. I saw the trailer and it looked even too childish for me. And I go to pixar and dreamworks flicks without children to bring.
Old 04-06-10, 12:09 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Teremei
I enjoyed G-force but for some reason I just don't think I can enjoy Chipmunks. I love actual chipmunks. But the characters look extremely childish. The chipmunks, then their girlfriends. I mean a thin chipmunk girl in a pink sweater and pink glasses? Come on. I saw the trailer and it looked even too childish for me. And I go to pixar and dreamworks flicks without children to bring.
Total opposite here. My kids loved the Chipmunks vs G-Force which was slow and boring according to them. I totally agreed with them on that point too.
Old 04-12-10, 06:36 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Buy Alvin and the Chipmunks [Blu-ray] and get Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel [Blu-ray] at an additional $7.00 off Amazon.com's everyday low price."

I just picked up the pair for $27.98 total! My kids will love it.
Old 04-13-10, 02:15 AM

Originally Posted by Peep
"Buy Alvin and the Chipmunks [Blu-ray] and get Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel [Blu-ray] at an additional $7.00 off Amazon.com's everyday low price."

I just picked up the pair for $27.98 total! My kids will love it.
This might be worth putting in the Blu-ray Bargains forum. With that said, though, I might consider it if I hadn't just purchased the first one when Target had it on sale a couple weeks back. If I could find my receipt for it, I guess, I could order it and take it back. Though, I probably paid for it with my debit card, so they could probably look it up. Hmmm.... I'm still not sure, though. I think I only paid $10 for it (it was $13 and I had a $3 coupon). So at $28 for the two, that would make the second one $18 (only $2 less than I can get it for at Best Buy). It might not be worth the hassle. Though Target usually gives the full amount back (including coupon) so I'd probably get $13 back making the second one $15. That's usually my limit on a movie, but I'm not sure about this one. My son likes them. He's not quite 2, but I popped in the first Alvin and the Chipmunks movie and he watched the entire thing (he didn't quite stay seated in the same spot the entire time, but he made sure it was in sight the few times he did move). I wanted to get him the 2nd one, too. I might just wait on it, though. I'm sure the first one will occupy him long enough for it to come down in price.
Old 04-13-10, 02:19 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 622 Likes on 480 Posts

I agree that G-Force was slow and boring compared to the flawed but enjoyable first Chipmunks movie. The Squeakquel however was horrible.
Old 04-13-10, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by obidawsn
This might be worth putting in the Blu-ray Bargains forum. With that said, though, I might consider it if I hadn't just purchased the first one when Target had it on sale a couple weeks back. If I could find my receipt for it, I guess, I could order it and take it back. Though, I probably paid for it with my debit card, so they could probably look it up. Hmmm.... I'm still not sure, though. I think I only paid $10 for it (it was $13 and I had a $3 coupon). So at $28 for the two, that would make the second one $18 (only $2 less than I can get it for at Best Buy). It might not be worth the hassle. Though Target usually gives the full amount back (including coupon) so I'd probably get $13 back making the second one $15. That's usually my limit on a movie, but I'm not sure about this one. My son likes them. He's not quite 2, but I popped in the first Alvin and the Chipmunks movie and he watched the entire thing (he didn't quite stay seated in the same spot the entire time, but he made sure it was in sight the few times he did move). I wanted to get him the 2nd one, too. I might just wait on it, though. I'm sure the first one will occupy him long enough for it to come down in price.
The Sqeakquel was selling for $19.99. The original $14.99. You got $7 off by buying both at once.