DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/569031-lost-season-6-complete-collection-8-24-10-a.html)

Snowmaker 02-04-10 09:24 AM

LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=4105

Lost Season 6 & Complete Collection Blu-ray Dated
Posted January 30, 2010 04:48 AM by Juan Calonge

The sixth season of the TV phenomenon Lost doesn't even premiere until next Tuesday, and it already has a Blu-ray release date. TV Shows on DVD (citing information posted on Ingram Entertainment's VideoETA website) is reporting that, on August 24, Walt Disney Studios Home Entertainment will release both Lost: The Complete Sixth and Final Season and the mammoth Lost: The Complete Collection, with exclusive bonus content.

Special features for Lost: The Complete Sixth and Final Season include:
Original scripted content that goes deeper into some of the stories, exclusive to Blu-ray and DVD produced by Damon Lindeloff and Carlton Cuse
Bloopers and deleted Scenes
Lost on Location - Go behind-the-scenes and get the stories from the set, on location in Hawaii from the actors and crew who make it happen.
Crafting a Final Season - Investigation into the goals and expectations of the season through interviews with writers, producers, cast, and crew
Audio commentaries
Lost University (BD-exclusive, powered by BD-Live)
Lost: The Complete Collection will include an additional bonus disc with at least two hours of extra exclusive content.

They are already up for pre-order on Amazon too.

Quack 02-04-10 09:28 AM

Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/568...gust-24th.html

Snowmaker 02-04-10 09:30 AM

Yeah, I found that after I posted. And now I can't delete.

islandclaws 02-04-10 10:09 AM

I've never seen a single episode of LOST, but I hear so many great things that I'd prob buy a complete series set for the right price.

Groucho 02-04-10 10:11 AM

Can't wait!

NiCK Crush 02-04-10 09:28 PM

Complete collection: HERE I COME.

Gizmo 02-04-10 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by Groucho (Post 9980915)
Can't wait!

:lol:

TheDuke 02-05-10 12:41 AM

I hope the packaging isn't something dumb / super easy to break during shipping, or the discs in cardboard sleeves, although that makes the most sense. I shouldn't worry about it though, probably isn't a problem if I get it on Blu (which I will).

JZ1276 02-05-10 04:13 AM

I'm in for Complete collection ... hope it's housed in something niiice.

NiCK Crush 02-05-10 07:18 AM

Yea, the packaging better not suck.

DonTHX1378 02-05-10 08:23 AM

I wonder if part of the Complete Collection it will have the extras from bonus discs that were only for sale at Best Buy and Walmart for the first three seasons. I'm missing the bonus disc that you got if you got season three from Walmart, but I'm not sure if it's just the recap show that was on the discs from Best Buy with some extra interviews.

Superman07 02-05-10 08:44 AM

How long until a double dip on the BR set like BSG?... :(

Cartload 02-05-10 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by Superman07 (Post 9982681)
How long until a double dip on the BR set like BSG?... :(

I don't believe there are plans for a Lost post-finale TV movie. In BSG's case, "The Plan" had already been announced prior to the release of the so-called Complete Series on Blu. I'm not saying that there won't be a double dip for Lost, but it seems less likely.

obidawsn 05-24-10 12:16 AM

Did anyone else see the picture of the complete series on Jimmy Kimmel's Aloha to Lost special tonight? They showed it near the end of the show. They also showed the 6th season, which was all black. I'm not sure if that was final artwork or not, but the complete series set was in a special package that looked like they are trying to go for an island look, but I'm not really sure what it was supposed to be. It just looked like the island on the top of it. I'm really interested in seeing what it really looks like as it was only up for a few seconds and wasn't a huge image. I haven't seen it anywhere else, so that may have been the debut of the artwork.

RocShemp 05-24-10 12:38 AM

I thought it was a replica of the temple.

Drav3n 05-24-10 12:43 AM

Originally Posted by RocShemp (Post 10175235)
I thought it was a replica of the temple.

^this.

TheDuke 05-24-10 12:43 AM

Yeah, it looks like the temple too, but the thing they showed was really small.

Josh-da-man 05-24-10 01:46 AM

So that's what the Temple was for? A place for Jacob to keep his DVDs?

And I thought he hated modern technology...

Cheato 05-24-10 02:26 AM

I, for one, can't wait for the accompanying 5 or 6 threads around release time:

Are you ready for the Lost Complete Series to be released?
Lost Complete Series: Your favorite "special feature?"
Proof that "Lost" is the best Complete Series set...
Lost and 24 Complete Series sets: Which will you watch more?
What food will you eat while standing in line to buy the Lost Complete Series set?

Geist 05-24-10 02:34 AM

I hope it has all the bonus material from all the store-exclusive and TV Guide discs from each season. I wouldn't be surprised if Best Buy has special packaging like they did for SEINFELD, either.

Josh-da-man 05-24-10 04:18 AM

Originally Posted by Geist (Post 10175363)
I hope it has all the bonus material from all the store-exclusive and TV Guide discs from each season. I wouldn't be surprised if Best Buy has special packaging like they did for SEINFELD, either.

It's just going to be the existing DVDs and Blu-ray discs with an exclusive bonus disc thrown in.

I believe that some of the material from the bonus discs (from the first two seasons, anyway) can be found on the Blu-ray discs of those seasons.

In all, there were four bonus discs:

Season one - Best Buy
Season two - Best Buy
Season three - Wal-Mart
Season five - Best Buy

I would reckon that the bonus discs exclusive to these complete sets will contain all new material.

Josh-da-man 05-24-10 04:52 AM

I'm looking at the complete box right now (I DVR'ed it) and it looks like:

There's a slipcover of some kind... tan colored... looks sort of like the big DHARMA notebook edition of season five, and it contains a number of thin cases... probably what houses the discs?

Then there's another box... "trapezoidal"-shaped. The rectangular top is smaller than the rectangular base... and the slides slope up into the top. Think a pyramid with most of its top cut off. The top (which looks like a map) comes off of this and it looks like houses something that looks like a scroll. There are also appear to be some papers/booklets and trinkets that come with it like a black stone and a white stone. Might also be a gameboard like the one MiB and Jacob had in "Across the Sea." Doesn't really look like the temple, it's sandy-colored and has LOST written on the sides.

It looks like the "slip cover" I mentioned above could fit inside of the other box, though it's hard to tell.

The regular DVD and Blu-rays are in the same style as the previous five cases, with this one being solid black in color and the "cast promo" picture that was released last year with all of the little shadowy figures in the center of the case.

This is definitely the debut of the artwork for both editions. This would have been all over the net if it was released earlier.

JayDerek 05-24-10 08:19 AM

http://img688.imageshack.us/img688/8206/lostboxset.png

DVD Polizei 05-24-10 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Cheato (Post 10175359)
I, for one, can't wait for the accompanying 5 or 6 threads around release time:

Are you ready for the Lost Complete Series to be released?
Lost Complete Series: Your favorite "special feature?"
Proof that "Lost" is the best Complete Series set...
Lost and 24 Complete Series sets: Which will you watch more?
What food will you eat while standing in line to buy the Lost Complete Series set?

And the one titled, Fuck! Amazon.uk has the complete edition with all the bonus discs!

Gizmo 05-24-10 08:56 AM

Meh. I'll stick with Individual sets.