Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

Old 08-25-10, 10:30 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: LOST - Season 6 and The Complete Collection -- 8/24/10

Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe
Anyone else buy one of the Lost T-shirts along with their Season 6 or Complete Collection set at Best Buy? I was charged $9.99 for the shirt, which I expected, but I noticed the receipt says "gift with purchase." I bought another T-shirt separately and was charged $9.99 for that one too. I was just curious if "gift with purchase" meant it should have been free. Anyone know if that's the case?

I don't know if it's been mentioned already, but my copy of Season 6 came with a $10 off coupon inside for Season 6. (I re-bought it with the coupon and then returned it with the higher receipt.)
The "gift" is that they're only charging you $9.99 for the shirt. I bought one too.
Old 08-26-10, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dunno how many of you guys watched the CC bonus disc yet. I perused mine (the only that came with the S6 BD). There are NINE Easter eggs, in addition to the stuff already mentioned on the menus. Each of the two main menu screens have 4 Easter eggs on each, plus one more on the last page of Slap Downs (which is a 5th Muppet sketch). I'm really really really glad I got this bonus disc, instead of the intended BB bonus disc...
Old 08-26-10, 11:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by sotra
So lost on location live the concert is an easter egg on the bb bd bonus disc and cc bonus disc, but all the other features on the bb sd set bpnus disc are only available on that disc? Darn! Might have to get that too if that's the case.
The Easter egg is the introduction of the cast at the concert, not the concert itself...
Old 08-27-10, 03:50 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by kenbenobi
The Easter egg is the introduction of the cast at the concert, not the concert itself...
OK, thanks for clarifying that. Been working 12s all week and have had no time to investigate all this yet.
So, is the actual concert available anywhere?
The rest of the stuff on the actual 20 mins BBY bonus disc in the S6 SD set is exclusive to that disc then? Did anybody end up getting both bonus discs from BBY and think it is worth getting the 20 mins one on top of the one in the S6 BD set?
Sorry for all the questions, but I'm really debating with myself whether if I should get the 20 mins disc or not. I will have to order it by instore pickup by tomorrow to get it for the $37.99 sale price and use the coupon from the BD set. Hopefully I will be able to recover most/all by selling the set on Amazon mktplace (I don't sell on ebay, just buy).

Last edited by sotra; 08-27-10 at 03:55 PM.
Old 08-27-10, 04:02 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Dunno how many of you guys watched the CC bonus disc yet. I perused mine (the only that came with the S6 BD). There are NINE Easter eggs, in addition to the stuff already mentioned on the menus. Each of the two main menu screens have 4 Easter eggs on each, plus one more on the last page of Slap Downs (which is a 5th Muppet sketch). I'm really really really glad I got this bonus disc, instead of the intended BB bonus disc...
there's even more than 9, there's atleast 16.

This is really great alone, wish they had the concert.
Old 08-27-10, 07:52 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 463 Likes on 322 Posts

Are the extras from the seasons 1&2 BestBuy bonus discs on the complete collection? Those had an hour of material each.
Old 08-28-10, 11:37 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Drop
there's even more than 9, there's atleast 16.
And here's details on all of them - http://www.examiner.com/dvd-in-new-y...ason-6-blu-ray

I had some problems with some of them. I'll have to try them later.
Old 08-28-10, 06:25 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 75 Likes on 64 Posts

Sorry if this has been answered already. Are the bonus features for season six on a dvd or BD?
Old 08-28-10, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mhg83
Sorry if this has been answered already. Are the bonus features for season six on a dvd or BD?
If you get the DVD edition it's on a DVD.

If you get the Blu-ray edition of the individual release it's a Blu-ray disc.

If you get the Best Buy Exclusive individual release of the S6 Blu-ray you get that Blu-ray disc normally included and a DVD with the complete series bonus features.

If you get the Complete Series Blu-ray set you get the same extras as the S6 Best Buy exclusive only on Blu-ray instead of on DVD.
Old 08-28-10, 07:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 134 Likes on 108 Posts

Would have been nice to get the BB mixup, which is the CC content, on a BD instead of a DVD... but hey.. extra content is still nice... maybe they will make a box set of all the bonus material... that's a rumor to start..

One thing.. if you get the BB CC, then do you get 2 Bonus Discs.. 1 inside the CC and the BB one (whichever that is.. )?
Old 08-28-10, 07:42 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by b2net
One thing.. if you get the BB CC, then do you get 2 Bonus Discs.. 1 inside the CC and the BB one (whichever that is.. )?
No...there is no Best Buy exclusive bonus disc included with their copies of the Complete Collection box set....only the Season 6 release is available as an exclusive with a bonus disc and extra slipcover....
Old 08-29-10, 09:15 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

So glad for this Complete Collection bonus dvd screw-up. It was the only real thing tempting me to get the complete collection and now I don't have to worry about doing that and selling my sets. Watched all the features on the Season 6 set and the bonus disc last night - very good stuff. That final scoring session with Giacchino was fantastic.
Old 08-29-10, 10:54 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by mdc3000
So glad for this Complete Collection bonus dvd screw-up.
What screw-up?
Old 08-29-10, 11:25 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by slop101
Are the extras from the seasons 1&2 BestBuy bonus discs on the complete collection? Those had an hour of material each.
Yes and from the season 3 (or was it 4?) WM bonus disc.
Old 08-29-10, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

What screw-up?
Read the last 3-4 pages of this thread. The bonus disc with S6 BD set at BBY is the same (almost) as the bonus disc in the CC. Only difference is one extra feature in the CC and you get a BD bonus disc vs a DVD with S6 BD set. S6 BBY DVD set comes with the advertised 20 mins bonus DVD disc.
I got both just to complete all the bonus discs and quickly put the S6 DVD set (sealed inside BBY packaging) up on Amazon mtkplace last night and some guy in Australia bought it expedited! Why would he want to buy it for $36 and pay $32.98 shipping? Baffles me, but enough about my rant.
Old 08-29-10, 11:40 AM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 986 Likes on 823 Posts

Read the last 3-4 pages of this thread. The bonus disc with S6 BD set at BBY is the same (almost) as the bonus disc in the CC. Only difference is one extra feature in the CC and you get a BD bonus disc vs a DVD with S6 BD set. S6 BBY DVD set comes with the advertised 20 mins bonus DVD disc.
I got both just to complete all the bonus discs and quickly put the S6 DVD set (sealed inside BBY packaging) up on Amazon mtkplace last night and some guy in Australia bought it expedited! Why would he want to buy it for $36 and pay $32.98 shipping? Baffles me, but enough about my rant.
you charged him $33 for shipping to Australia? that baffles me.
Old 08-29-10, 12:55 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by scott1598
you charged him $33 for shipping to Australia? that baffles me.
Have you ever sold on Amazon? There are set charges for each shipping option. Standard mail is $2.98 for DVDs all the way up to $32.98 for expedited international shipping. All of these shipping charges are set by Amazon and are most of the time pretty close to what it costs you to ship the item at said shipping service. In fact it looks like this might be right around $33 through USPS with delivery confirmation and insurance (a must for international shipments). Since I have UPS locally too I will double check with them tomorrow morning too. Now if neither of them can ship it for about what shipping credit Amazon will give me I will contact the buyer and explain the situation. Normally they will choose standard int shipping or just cancel. No harm done either way. Amazon is just much better than ebay/paypal when selling unless you sell in bulk/large quantities.
Old 08-29-10, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Read the last 3-4 pages of this thread. The bonus disc with S6 BD set at BBY is the same (almost) as the bonus disc in the CC. Only difference is one extra feature in the CC and you get a BD bonus disc vs a DVD with S6 BD set.
How is that a screw up on the part of the CC bonus disc? It has all the extras, and more, all on a blu-ray, most of the material in HD. Again, what screw-up?
Old 08-29-10, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Both of the S6 BBY exclusive sets were supposed to have a 20 mins bonus disc, but for some reason they put the DVD version of the CC bonus disc (over 2 hrs long) on the BBY exclusive S6 BD set. Now alot of people will not sell their individual sets just to buy the CC (unless they want the packaging, game etc). Clearer?
Old 08-29-10, 03:37 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Received 986 Likes on 823 Posts

Have you ever sold on Amazon? There are set charges for each shipping option. Standard mail is $2.98 for DVDs all the way up to $32.98 for expedited international shipping. All of these shipping charges are set by Amazon and are most of the time pretty close to what it costs you to ship the item at said shipping service. In fact it looks like this might be right around $33 through USPS with delivery confirmation and insurance (a must for international shipments). Since I have UPS locally too I will double check with them tomorrow morning too. Now if neither of them can ship it for about what shipping credit Amazon will give me I will contact the buyer and explain the situation. Normally they will choose standard int shipping or just cancel. No harm done either way. Amazon is just much better than ebay/paypal when selling unless you sell in bulk/large quantities.
regardless of policy, that is just absurd. i have sent DVD's all over the world, sets as well, to New Zealand, and i don't think i have ever paid USPS more than $15 for shipping. nor has it ever cost me near that much to get something from Australia.
Old 08-29-10, 05:58 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Both of the S6 BBY exclusive sets were supposed to have a 20 mins bonus disc, but for some reason they put the DVD version of the CC bonus disc (over 2 hrs long) on the BBY exclusive S6 BD set. Now alot of people will not sell their individual sets just to buy the CC (unless they want the packaging, game etc). Clearer?
I know all that, but how is that a screw up on the part of the CC bonus disc?
Old 08-29-10, 06:11 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I know all that, but how is that a screw up on the part of the CC bonus disc?

Seriously, you are either misreading his original post, or arguing semantics at this point....

He was NOT saying there is a screw up with the bonus disc itself that is included in the Complete Collection set....the "screw up" was that the disc was supposed to be an exclusive to the box set, but somehow was mistakenly used for the Best Buy exclusive discs with their Season 6 BD sets.....only the Season 6 DVD sets at Best Buy got the actual bonus disc that is advertised on the packaging....

Although, given what the original press release stated the Complete Collection bonus disc was supposed to have on it, you could potentially make an argument that it was a "screw up" since there was no "Humorous yet emotional look at every character who dies on the series" as originally stated there would be.....
Old 08-29-10, 08:45 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by WMAangel

Seriously, you are either misreading his original post, or arguing semantics at this point....

He was NOT saying there is a screw up with the bonus disc itself that is included in the Complete Collection set....
Originally Posted by mdc3000
So glad for this Complete Collection bonus dvd screw-up.

He should've been more clear. The actual screw up was on the BB discs, which worked out in his favor - so I don't see what the problem is.
Old 08-29-10, 11:22 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Does anyone know if Best Buy pulled the S6 Blu-ray exclusive? I was at Best Buy today and noticed many copies of the S6 DVD Exclusive but NONE of the Blu-ray.... and they had tons of copies of S6 on Blu-ray, just none of the exclusive edition.
Old 08-30-10, 12:30 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I picked up the Blu-ray exclusive on Saturday. There was only 1 other that I saw and there was plenty of the dvd exclusive and regular versions of both.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.