DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Blu-ray Cases For Sale? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/567463-blu-ray-cases-sale.html)

mattyp4 01-04-10 04:27 PM

Blu-ray Cases For Sale?

I'm in need of a couple replacement Blu-ray cases (some fell off my shelf & broke-- they won't snap shut now). Is there any place I can purchase empty cases? I found a few websites but I'd have to drop around $50+ to purchase them in bulk. All I need is a couple!

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!

E Unit 01-04-10 04:32 PM

Re: Blu-ray Cases For Sale?

Knock yourself out.

http://www.usplastic.com/catalog/ite...=searchresults

mattyp4 01-04-10 04:50 PM

Thanks! Pity I have to pay UPS shipping prices, but whatever. I'll stock up & save myself a few headaches. Thank you.

riotinmyskull 01-04-10 05:04 PM

i just picked up 25 elite brand cases for around $16 (shipped) at discmakers.com

http://www.discmakers.com/shop/ItemD...D=BDR025-00001

highly recommended.

Blu Man 01-04-10 05:16 PM

I bought some on Amazon awhile back.

Solid Snake 01-04-10 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by mattyp4 (Post 9922485)
I'm in need of a couple replacement Blu-ray cases (some fell off my shelf & broke-- they won't snap shut now). Is there any place I can purchase empty cases? I found a few websites but I'd have to drop around $50+ to purchase them in bulk. All I need is a couple!

Thoughts? Suggestions? Thanks!

that's a fear I have of any case. Especially my Blus.

WMAangel 01-05-10 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull (Post 9922568)
i just picked up 25 elite brand cases for around $16 (shipped) at discmakers.com

http://www.discmakers.com/shop/ItemD...D=BDR025-00001

highly recommended.

I will cosign on this recommendation....authentic cases, good prices, and fast shipping!

I am now a repeat customer there....just received two more boxes today from them with 50 total new cases to replace more of those eco-garbage cases Fox (and now Lionsgate) unfortunately use....now if only they would carry the Viva Elite double disc cases, I would be eco free....alas, they do not, and I have only been able to find Vortex and/or generic two-discers....

bahgee 01-05-10 09:31 PM

Anyone know if the vortex triples are the same width as the singles?

WMAangel 01-06-10 12:39 PM

Originally Posted by bahgee (Post 9925335)
Anyone know if the vortex triples are the same width as the singles?

Nope...they are thicker, the same size as the four discers....good example to see this is with Pinocchio (3 discs) and Monsters Inc (4 discs), both Disney and both Vortex cases (at least, for me they were).....
The Vortex 5 and 6 disc cases are also the same size...basically, the only difference between the 3 and 4 disc cases (as well as the difference between the 5 and 6 disc cases) is that they add a hub for a disc on the inside front...

Artman 01-18-10 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by WMAangel (Post 9924966)
I will cosign on this recommendation....authentic cases, good prices, and fast shipping!

now if only they would carry the Viva Elite double disc cases, I would be eco free....alas, they do not, and I have only been able to find Vortex and/or generic two-discers....

Just received my first order! Yeah, just need to find the elite doubles somewhere...

RD1973 01-19-10 11:49 PM

I am now a repeat customer there....just received two more boxes today from them with 50 total new cases to replace more of those eco-garbage cases Fox (and now Lionsgate) unfortunately use....now if only they would carry the Viva Elite double disc cases, I would be eco free....alas, they do not, and I have only been able to find Vortex and/or generic two-discers....

I just got my order of 25 in today. I have to say that I'm very happy. These cases are the real thing, it was $15 shipped, the package arrived in about 5 days and most importantly, every case was in perfect condition! :D

QuikSilver 01-23-10 11:58 AM

Thanks for the discmakers.com recommendation! I've been looking for some replacement cases.

Quick question, before I purchase these, do the Viva Elite Blu-ray Case (item number BDR025-00001) have a latch on the side? I really hate the latches and hope these Viva Elite cases don't have them. The Sony Blu-ray and the early Disney ones have these cases and I'm not a big fan of them. Thanks!

jrsl76 01-23-10 12:49 PM

Are the Viva Elite the ones where the Blu-Ray symbol looks shiny chrome and is slightly embossed or is it like my disc for Superbad, where the symbol is matte silver and printed on the case. I need to get some replacement cases and like the embossed style better.

Mr. Cinema 03-02-10 07:19 PM

I wish I knew about Disc Makers. Definitely better deals there for the single disc Elites compared to the 10 pack I bought here on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

This guy doesn't have the 2-disc Elites yet, but he said he's trying to get them and the 7-disc Elite. He said he has 3,4,5, and 6 disc Elite brand cases, but doesn't have them listed yet.

He also has the Vortex (Sony/Disney) 3,4,5,6 disc sets as well.

Gizmo 03-02-10 07:25 PM

The only 7 disc BD case I'm aware of is Star Trek TOS S1. I can't imagine there is much demand for one. i stocked up on 4/5/6 cases, and have plenty 1/2/3 cases thanks to selling Digital Copies/DVDs/Worthless DVD Games.

asianxcore 03-02-10 08:55 PM

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema (Post 10027649)
I wish I knew about Disc Makers. Definitely better deals there for the single disc Elites compared to the 10 pack I bought here on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT

This guy doesn't have the 2-disc Elites yet, but he said he's trying to get them and the 7-disc Elite. He said he has 3,4,5, and 6 disc Elite brand cases, but doesn't have them listed yet.

He also has the Vortex (Sony/Disney) 3,4,5,6 disc sets as well.

That's weird. I ordered from that guy a week ago for (500) Days of Summer and Jennifer's Body, which I believe use Elite 2-Disc Replacements.

At one point last week, he had some 2-Disc cases up that had the same measurements (12.5mm as opposed to the smaller cases) as the Elite's. Just got them in earlier in the week and the fit the said BD's perfectly.

actyper 03-03-10 12:15 PM

fyi if you only need a couple, just head over to a blockbuster and they usually have extra cases that they can give out.

WMAangel 03-03-10 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by actyper (Post 10028934)
fyi if you only need a couple, just head over to a blockbuster and they usually have extra cases that they can give out.

I noticed you are in Canada....maybe Blockbuster does things differently up there, but all the BB locations by me get their BD rentals delivered to their store already in their special DVD-sized lockable cases when they arrive....they never have any BD cases, not even on their previously viewed for-sale titles, and in fact, the only BD cases I see at their stores are on their brand new for-sale ones....

Snowmaker 03-03-10 12:41 PM

Anyone know where I can get a 3-disc case like the ones that Dark Knight or the X-Men boxset ones come in?

actyper 03-03-10 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by WMAangel (Post 10028966)
I noticed you are in Canada....maybe Blockbuster does things differently up there, but all the BB locations by me get their BD rentals delivered to their store already in their special DVD-sized lockable cases when they arrive....they never have any BD cases, not even on their previously viewed for-sale titles, and in fact, the only BD cases I see at their stores are on their brand new for-sale ones....

lol that sucks. In Canada most stores stay in the br casing, so if you buy a pv, then you get the br case. I have heard stories of dvd sized casing though in a few stores here.

Chicken Warrior 03-03-10 01:30 PM

My BB uses Blu casing on PVs and has some handy - won't give 'em out free, though ;)

(I'm in Western Canada)

Mr. Cinema 03-03-10 01:34 PM

Originally Posted by Snowmaker (Post 10028987)
Anyone know where I can get a 3-disc case like the ones that Dark Knight or the X-Men boxset ones come in?

http://stores.ebay.com/Casetopia

This is the guy I just bought from. He told me he has the slim 3-disc Elites, but doesn't have them listed yet. So you may want to contact him and check on the status.

slimdude 03-04-10 12:42 AM

You're spending alot more money buying replacements cases, then what you've actually paid for the original Blu-ray movies.

Gizmo 03-04-10 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by slimdude (Post 10030185)
You're spending alot more money buying replacements cases, then what you've actually paid for the original Blu-ray movies.

You mean you can buy BD movies for $1? LINK!!!!!!!!!

WMAangel 03-04-10 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD (Post 10030570)
You mean you can buy BD movies for $1? LINK!!!!!!!!!

:clap:

Actually, it should be EVEN LESS than that...my last order from Disc Makers was 50 cases at 39 cents each...even adding in the $7 for shipping and $1.33 for tax, that is just $27.83 total, so 56 cents apiece! Please, we must know the source of these under 60 cent Blu-ray Discs!!! :lol: