Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

The One and Only Shout! Studios (and Scream Factory!) Blu-ray Thread

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

The One and Only Shout! Studios (and Scream Factory!) Blu-ray Thread

Old 06-22-10, 01:14 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
re: The One and Only Shout! Factory Blu-ray Thread

has anybody found death race in any stores? i don't want to wait for amazon or anywhere else to ship it.
Old 06-22-10, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got the new dvd at my local indie store and also hastings is selling the dvd and vlu also
Old 06-22-10, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Monkees
has anybody found death race in any stores? i don't want to wait for amazon or anywhere else to ship it.
Too bad, because I got mine over a week ago from Deep Discount & it was only $16.
Old 06-22-10, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

How did you swing that? I ordered my copy on 6/4, it shipped 6/17, and has yet to arrive.
Old 06-22-10, 04:48 PM

familyvideo still has it for a nice price, for those wanting it. Probably going to order it today or tomorrow.
Old 06-22-10, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by NoirFan
How did you swing that? I ordered my copy on 6/4, it shipped 6/17, and has yet to arrive.
Ordered it in my 2nd order, arrived at my doorstep on the 18th I posted a pic in the bought thread the next day. Hoping I get the second volume of the noir set early too. Conversely 2 movies from my first order placed on the second day of the sale have yet to even ship.
Old 06-22-10, 06:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Knowing DD, I'll be waiting another week. How's the booklet?
Old 06-22-10, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Knowing DD, I'll be waiting another week. How's the booklet?
Haven't opened it yet, just added it to the gigantic pile of unwatched unopened movies I have.
Old 06-22-10, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

DVD Drive-In reviews of Forbidden World and Galaxy of Terror DVDs. Normally I wouldn't post DVD reviews in the HD forum, but these two have been posted super early (almost a month before release date) and they give you a nice look at the extras, which are extensive once again. Galaxy of Terror even includes the screenplay as a PDF!
Old 06-23-10, 10:29 AM

Cliff, is Battle Beyond the Stars still being released (on Blu-ray, I assume?) September 7th along with Starcrash? Also, the original press release lists the double-feature DVD of ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS/NOT OF THIS EARTH as having a July 20th release date. Has that been postponed?
We are still trying to locate film elements for BATTLE, so no, it won't be released with STARCRASH.
Yes, CRAB MONSTERS and NOT OF THIS EARTH are on hold because the EARTH elements are missing. We will probably replace EARTH with an alternate title.
It looked like all the elements were in storage when we announced the titles... only to find out some were missing.
Old 06-23-10, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Cliff,
Is Star Crash a lock (all elements accounted for, etc)? Has it been transferred yet? Anything that could queer the deal at this point? Any idea when we will get the official announcement with features list?
This film, in a high quality version, has been a Holy Gail for me since I bought my first DVD. It would be great to finally be able to toss the French Pal disc, but I still won't believe it until I have it in my hands (never really expected that BCI two-fer to be realized so that was far from a shock).

Also, is Saint Jack included in the Corman library?

And since I don't belong to the other forums where you post more frequently, it's great to have a chance to finally say how glad I was to see you not only land on your feet after the BCI bust, but wind up in a place much better equipped to exploit your talents and dedication.
From my perspective as a consumer, Shout is a hell of a lot more impressive organization than BCI was. Congratulations.

Last edited by Paul_SD; 06-23-10 at 01:05 PM.
Old 06-23-10, 04:42 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Thanks for the quick response, Cliff! Hopefully things will work out with Battle. Are there more Blu-ray releases planned for 2010?
Old 06-23-10, 05:52 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Cliff,

Here' s a question for you. Why is it the DVDs only get slip covers and not the Blu-rays? Since the BDs are priced higher, I (and others) would probably expect at least the packaging to be the same.

Thanks
Old 06-23-10, 07:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I just watched my copy of Deathrace 2000 last night very happy with the disc (and the packaging lol) I dont need a slipcover or to sit there and complain about the lack thereof.
Old 06-23-10, 07:34 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
I just watched my copy of Deathrace 2000 last night very happy with the disc (and the packaging lol) I dont need a slipcover or to sit there and complain about the lack thereof.
Some people do care.
Old 06-23-10, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by cdmac2007
We are still trying to locate film elements for BATTLE, so no, it won't be released with STARCRASH.
Yes, CRAB MONSTERS and NOT OF THIS EARTH are on hold because the EARTH elements are missing. We will probably replace EARTH with an alternate title.
It looked like all the elements were in storage when we announced the titles... only to find out some were missing.
hey cliff any chance of munchies or confessions of a serial killer both corman films coming to dvd or blu
Old 06-23-10, 09:53 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Here is the trailer for Starcrash. Can't say it made much sense to my tiny Earthling brain.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_tESwX3doaI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_tESwX3doaI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Old 06-24-10, 11:23 AM

Yes, we are finalizing both discs this week (it's a two disc set) which will give you an idea of how many extra features are on the set.
We did a new transfer from the U.S. IP and it looks pretty great. 5.1 DTS HD Lossless audio on the BR.

No, we don't have Saint Jack.

Thanks!!
Cliff

Originally Posted by Paul_SD
Cliff,
Is Star Crash a lock (all elements accounted for, etc)? Has it been transferred yet? Anything that could queer the deal at this point? Any idea when we will get the official announcement with features list?
This film, in a high quality version, has been a Holy Gail for me since I bought my first DVD. It would be great to finally be able to toss the French Pal disc, but I still won't believe it until I have it in my hands (never really expected that BCI two-fer to be realized so that was far from a shock).

Also, is Saint Jack included in the Corman library?

And since I don't belong to the other forums where you post more frequently, it's great to have a chance to finally say how glad I was to see you not only land on your feet after the BCI bust, but wind up in a place much better equipped to exploit your talents and dedication.
From my perspective as a consumer, Shout is a hell of a lot more impressive organization than BCI was. Congratulations.
Old 06-24-10, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by therock69
hey cliff any chance of munchies or confessions of a serial killer both corman films coming to dvd or blu
Nope... sorry.
Old 06-24-10, 11:27 AM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Cliff,

Here' s a question for you. Why is it the DVDs only get slip covers and not the Blu-rays? Since the BDs are priced higher, I (and others) would probably expect at least the packaging to be the same.

Thanks
We only did one slipcover - Piranha - and it's not on the Blu-Ray because the amount of units we made was tiny compared to the DVD.... because Blu-Ray sales for independents are very low.... and the lenticular would have cost too much to make for such small sales.
Old 06-24-10, 11:29 AM

Thanks for the quick response, Cliff! Hopefully things will work out with Battle. Are there more Blu-ray releases planned for 2010?
I can't say at this time. Sales need to improve on Blu-Ray. Sure, the studios are selling a lot, but many retailers won't even carry our Blu-Rays so the sales are low... and the cost of making a Blu-Ray is twice (or more) than a DVD.
Old 06-24-10, 02:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 72 Likes on 55 Posts

Thanks for the response, Cliff!

Shame about Saint Jack, but great news about SC.

Cheers!
Old 06-24-10, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Here is the trailer for Starcrash. Can't say it made much sense to my tiny Earthling brain.
Doubt it's "supposed to".

Looks like a crazy mix of Star Wars, Battle Beyond the Stars, The Perils of Gwendoline in the Land of the Yik Yak (women's outfits) ...and God knows what else. It also looks like an instant silly B classic!

I've never even seen a trailer for that ..but after that, I. must. see. this.
Old 06-25-10, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by visitor Q
Looks like a crazy mix of Star Wars, Battle Beyond the Stars, The Perils of Gwendoline in the Land of the Yik Yak (women's outfits) ...and God knows what else. It also looks like an instant silly B classic!
Starcrash actually recycles footage from Battle, so that would be an apt comparison!
Old 06-26-10, 05:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Fans of Corman and New World should check out the UK book Mind Warp!: The Fantastic True Story of Roger Corman's New World Pictures. It's selling for ridiculous prices on Amazon, but can be had for £22.34 ($33.59) shipped from Amazon UK. It says 1 to 2 months to arrive, however. You can also purchase a copy autographed by the author directly from Hemlock Books for £28.12 ($42.28) shipped, and they informed me it should only take a week to arrive. It looks like an entertaining read, and pretty extensive at 280 pages. Here's a review.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.