Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

The One and Only Shout and Scream Factory Blu-ray Thread

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

The One and Only Shout and Scream Factory Blu-ray Thread

Old 07-09-16, 10:28 PM

Re: The One and Only Shout and Scream Factory Blu-ray Thread

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post

Exorcist III coming October 25th

https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/fi...ctor-s-edition

No word on extras yet.

Very underrated Exorcist movie. Only thing that sucks is that I bought the Exorcist anthology set a few years ago and this was in it. So, the only incentive to get this (for those who already bought that set) would be the extras and a potential picture upgrade.
I think they might not even include the theatrical version.

Exorcist III seems to be in the exact same boat as Clive Barker's Nightbreed:

Both are Morgan Creek films, originally released by 20th Century Fox in 1990, with the video rights currently licensed to WB.

With Nightbreed, WB only let Shout release the theatrical cut in a limited edition. The regular editions only had the director's cut. Looks like the same might happen to Exorcist III (minus a Limited Edition with the theatrical cut included, seemingly).

So, this might not even be a genuine double dip from the Anthology set.
Old 07-11-16, 09:44 PM

They said on the Facebook page that they have the theatrical as well. Considering that the pre-order is already up, I doubt they are going to announce such drastic differences at a later date, especially since the price for the CE is already set at $24.93. It's gonna be included.
Old 07-11-16, 11:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

That's great news about Exorcist III! I was just considering revisiting this one the other day. The last version I bought was the DVD with the old WB snapper case. I'd say it's justified to upgrade at this point. I'm very much looking forward to it.
Old 07-13-16, 05:47 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Just got an email about this. Looks like Shout's going the extreme limited edition route, with 1000 pressed copies of each of the following titles available only on their website for $26.99:

DEATHSTALKER / DEATHSTALKER II
VELVET VAMPIRE
UP FROM THE DEPTHS
TIMEWALKER
MESSAGE FROM SPACE
https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/sc...age-from-space

Commentaries on the DEATHSTALKER films and VAMPIRE, interviews on TIMEWALKER, and trailers on everything, so there's that. No indication if the booklet from the DVD for MESSAGE FROM SPACE will be carried over.

Last edited by Brian T; 07-13-16 at 05:55 PM.
Old 07-13-16, 10:06 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I just saw that e-mail. I'm a bit of a Scream completist, but I don't think I can pony up $135 for 5 Blu-rays.
Old 07-18-16, 07:25 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

CONTENT AND SPECIAL FEATURES:

DISC ONE:
NEW 2K Scan of the interpositive, supervised and approved by director of photography Dean Cundey
Audio Commentary by director Rowdy Herrington
Audio Commentary by Road House fans Kevin Smith and Scott Mosier
DISC TWO:
NEW The Making of Road House – interviews with director Rowdy Herrington, actors Kelly Lynch, John Doe, Kevin Tighe, Julie Michaels, Red West, Lisa Niemi Swayze, casting director Jackie Burch, director of photography Dean Cundey, editor Frank Urioste and more…
NEW Remembering Patrick – interviews with Lisa Niemi Swayze, Rowdy Herrington, Terry Funk, Kelly Lynch, Marshall R. Teague and more…
NEW A Conversation with director Rowdy Herrington
NEW Pain Don't Hurt: The Stunts of Road House interviews with second unit director/stunt coordinator Charlie Picerni, Rowdy Herrington, John Doe, Kelly Lynch and more…
NEW The Music of Road House – interviews with director Rowdy Herrington, John Doe, Red West and more…
What Would Dalton Do?
On the Road House with Patrick Swayze, Kelly Lynch, Rowdy Herrington, Marshall Teague, Benny Urquidez
Vintage interviews with Patrick Swayze, Ben Gazzara, Kelly Lynch, Sam Elliot, Benny Urquidez and Rowdy Herrington
On the Set: Behind-the-Scenes Footage
Vintage Profile on Patrick Swayze
Theatrical Trailer

Looks like it's time to retire the old MGM/FOX BD of Road House.

Just looked at it recently. It's a 2-disc set with a barebones BD and a DVD of the movie with some extras.

Last edited by DJariya; 07-18-16 at 07:31 PM.
Old 07-18-16, 07:30 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Updated extras for the new The Thing 2-disc edition:

We have even more for you to get excited about regarding our upcoming Blu-ray release of THE THING: More Bonus Features!
Although we announced most of the extras awhile back, we are thrilled to highlight an all-new Carpenter interview conducted by Director and horror vet Mick Garris! Read on for even more surprises too...
DISC ONE:
- NEW 2K Scan Of The Interpositive Supervised And Approved By Director Of Photography Dean Cundey
- NEW 4.1 Audio Mix Created From The Original 70MM Six Track Dolby Stereo Soundtrack (5.1 Audio Mix Also Included)
- NEW Audio Commentary With Director Of Photography Dean Cundey
- NEW Audio Commentary With Co-producer Stuart Cohen
Audio Commentary By Director John Carpenter And Actor Kurt Russell
- Teaser Trailer
- Theatrical Trailers (U.S. And German)
- TV Spots
- Radio Spots
- Still Gallery (Behind-The-Scenes Photos, Posters And Lobby Cards)
- DISC TWO:
- NEW Requiem For A Shape Shifter – An Interview With Director John Carpenter In Conversation With Filmmaker Mick Garris
- NEW The Men Of Outpost 31 – Interviews With Keith David, Wilford Brimley, David Clennon, Thomas Waites, Peter Maloney, Richard Masur And Joel Polis
- NEW Assembling And Assimilation – An Interview With Editor Todd Ramsay
- NEW Behind The Chameleon: The Visual Effects Of THE THING – Interviews With Visual Effects Artists Peter Kuran And Susan Turner, Special Make-up Effects Artist Rob Burman, Brian Wade And Stop Motion Animators Randall William Cook And Jim Aupperle
- NEW Sounds From The Cold – Interviews With Supervising Sound Editor David Lewis Yewdall And Special Sound Effects Designer Alan Howarth
- NEW Between The Lines – An Interview With Novelization Author Alan Dean Foster
- NEW Back Into The Cold: A Return To The Shooting Locations Of THE THING – An Animated Photo Gallery Narrated By Todd Cameron Of Outpost31.com
- NEW The Art Of Mike Ploog Gallery
- John Carpenter's The Thing: Terror Takes Shape – A Documentary On The Making Of THE THING Featuring Interviews With John Carpenter, Kurt Russell, Special Effects Make-up Designer Rob Bottin, Legendary Matte Artist Albert Whitlock Plus Members Of The Cast And Crew (80 minutes – SD)
- Network TV Broadcast Version Of THE THING (92 minutes – SD)
- Outtakes (5 minutes – SD)
- Vintage Featurettes From The Electronic Press Kit Featuring Interviews With John Carpenter, Kurt Russell And Rob Bottin
- Vintage Featurettes – The Making Of A Chilling Tale And The Making Of THE THING
- Vintage Product Reel – Contains A Condensed Version Of The Film With Additional Footage Not In The Film (19 minutes – SD)
- Vintage Behind-The-Scenes Footage (2 minutes – SD)
- Annotated Production Archive – Production Art And Storyboards, Location Scouting, Special Make-up Effects, Post Production (54 minutes – SD)
National Street Date is 9/20/16. But if you order directly from us at
https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/the-t...ctor-s-edition you'll receive early shipping + a free poster (while supplies last)
Old 07-19-16, 06:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Calling all fans of Norman Bates! We have some great extras planned for our upcoming Blu-ray release of PSYCHO IV (street date 8/23). Read on for details:

• NEW Audio Commentary with director Mick Garris, actors Henry Thomas and Olivia Hussey
• NEW The Making of Mother – an interview with make-up effects artist Tony Gardner (27 minutes)
• Rare Behind-the-Scenes footage from director Mick Garris
• Photo Gallery of rare photos from Mick Garris

Pre-order now @ https://www.shoutfactory.com/film/fi...-the-beginning

Fuck it, might as well just hand over half my future paychecks to Shout/Scream factory.
Old 07-19-16, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

^Sweet. Now just drop it below 20 bucks!
Old 07-20-16, 07:17 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by DJariya View Post
Updated extras for the new The Thing 2-disc edition:

We have even more for you to get excited about regarding our upcoming Blu-ray release of THE THING: More Bonus Features!
Although we announced most of the extras awhile back, we are thrilled to highlight an all-new Carpenter interview conducted by Director and horror vet Mick Garris! Read on for even more surprises too...
DISC ONE:
- NEW 2K Scan Of The Interpositive Supervised And Approved By Director Of Photography Dean Cundey
- NEW 4.1 Audio Mix Created From The Original 70MM Six Track Dolby Stereo Soundtrack (5.1 Audio Mix Also Included)
- NEW Audio Commentary With Director Of Photography Dean Cundey
- NEW Audio Commentary With Co-producer Stuart Cohen
Audio Commentary By Director John Carpenter And Actor Kurt Russell
- Teaser Trailer
- Theatrical Trailers (U.S. And German)
- TV Spots
- Radio Spots
- Still Gallery (Behind-The-Scenes Photos, Posters And Lobby Cards)
- DISC TWO:
- NEW Requiem For A Shape Shifter – An Interview With Director John Carpenter In Conversation With Filmmaker Mick Garris
- NEW The Men Of Outpost 31 – Interviews With Keith David, Wilford Brimley, David Clennon, Thomas Waites, Peter Maloney, Richard Masur And Joel Polis
- NEW Assembling And Assimilation – An Interview With Editor Todd Ramsay
- NEW Behind The Chameleon: The Visual Effects Of THE THING – Interviews With Visual Effects Artists Peter Kuran And Susan Turner, Special Make-up Effects Artist Rob Burman, Brian Wade And Stop Motion Animators Randall William Cook And Jim Aupperle
- NEW Sounds From The Cold – Interviews With Supervising Sound Editor David Lewis Yewdall And Special Sound Effects Designer Alan Howarth
- NEW Between The Lines – An Interview With Novelization Author Alan Dean Foster
- NEW Back Into The Cold: A Return To The Shooting Locations Of THE THING – An Animated Photo Gallery Narrated By Todd Cameron Of Outpost31.com
- NEW The Art Of Mike Ploog Gallery
- John Carpenter's The Thing: Terror Takes Shape – A Documentary On The Making Of THE THING Featuring Interviews With John Carpenter, Kurt Russell, Special Effects Make-up Designer Rob Bottin, Legendary Matte Artist Albert Whitlock Plus Members Of The Cast And Crew (80 minutes – SD)
- Network TV Broadcast Version Of THE THING (92 minutes – SD)
- Outtakes (5 minutes – SD)
- Vintage Featurettes From The Electronic Press Kit Featuring Interviews With John Carpenter, Kurt Russell And Rob Bottin
- Vintage Featurettes – The Making Of A Chilling Tale And The Making Of THE THING
- Vintage Product Reel – Contains A Condensed Version Of The Film With Additional Footage Not In The Film (19 minutes – SD)
- Vintage Behind-The-Scenes Footage (2 minutes – SD)
- Annotated Production Archive – Production Art And Storyboards, Location Scouting, Special Make-up Effects, Post Production (54 minutes – SD)
National Street Date is 9/20/16. But if you order directly from us at
https://www.shoutfactory.com/…/the-t...ctor-s-edition you'll receive early shipping + a free poster (while supplies last)
No cast filmographies = no sale
Old 07-20-16, 04:22 PM
Inane Thread Master, 2018 TOTY

Anyone get the new Return of the Living Dead? Wondering if worth the upgrade. I was always iffy on the movie though...
Old 07-20-16, 05:21 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Very much worth it. PQ alone is superior to all other editions, and there are LOADS of great extras.
Old 07-20-16, 10:11 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Preorder is up for Road house on the Shout factory website, and it ships two weeks early. I already put my order in. The special features sound awesome.
Old 07-21-16, 08:52 AM

..a great evening would be back to back viewing of "road house" and "point break"..aka going "Swayze crazy"..
Old 07-21-16, 11:15 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Forgive me if this has been asked and answered, but "The Thing" set includes the network TV version of the film, -is this another case where the film has been padded out with alternate material or is there some other reason for its inclusion?
Old 07-21-16, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by DWilson View Post
Forgive me if this has been asked and answered, but "The Thing" set includes the network TV version of the film, -is this another case where the film has been padded out with alternate material or is there some other reason for its inclusion?
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=the+thing+tv+version&l=1
Old 07-21-16, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

I pre-ordered The Thing and Road House from Amazon. The Thing is like $21 and change and Road House is about $18 and change.

Even though Shout will release it 2 weeks early if you order on their site, I can wait. I'd rather save a few extra bucks and my purchases was a few dollars cheaper on Amazon.

Now I want to get Death Wish II, Exorcist III, Child's Play, Midnight Run and Night Hawks. But, I'm hoping for some price drops for them.
Old 07-21-16, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

There is a sale on the Shout Factory site if you plan to buy a lot:

We know not everyone can go to Comic-Con, so we're having a site-wide* sale for everyone who won't be at the convention this year! Grab yourself one of three deals, no promo code required--just add products to your cart and let us take care of the rest. Step up with more in your cart to get even better offers! This sale runs 7/21 through 7/25 at noon Pacific Time.

Step Up and Save Deals:
Orders of $40+ get FREE SHIPPING (U.S. & Canada)
Orders of $80+ get 15% off & FREE SHIPPING
Orders of $150+ get 20% off & FREE SHIPPING
Old 07-22-16, 09:31 PM

I had a chance to get several Shout BD's for <$13 each during that very brief window of the last B&N sale. Barring a small miracle, I guess I'm waiting for the next site-wide B&N sale?

Just as well, as I'm way over-budget this month anyway.
Old 07-23-16, 12:19 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

***HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT OF 13 UPCOMING TITLES!***
We just revealed the following upcoming Scream Factory blu-ray releases at our Comic Con panel this evening. Here's the exciting line-up:
1. BUBBA HO-TEP (2002) (Collector’s Edition) – Stars Bruce Campbell and directed by Don Coscarelli.
2 WILLARD (1971) – The rare 70s rat-revenge film is (finally) coming to DVD & Blu-ray!
3. BEN (1972) – The sequel to Willard.
4. BLACK CHRISTMAS (1974) (Collector’s Edition) – The original slasher classic!
5. POLTERGEIST II (1986) (Collector’s Edition)– “They’re Back!”
6. POLTERGEIST III (1988) (Collector’s Edition) – “They’ve Found Her!”
7. DREAMSCAPE (1984) (Collector’s Edition) – The fantasy cult classic starring Dennis Quaid and Kate Capshaw.
8. RABID (1977) (Collector’s Edition) – The early Cronenberg classic!
9. DEAD RINGERS (1988) (Collector’s Editon) – Another Cronenberg favorite. Stars Jeremy Irons.
10 & 11. SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE II (1987) & III (1990) double feature. – You asked for it (a lot) so make sure to buy it!
12. THE HOUSE THAT SCREAMED (1970- Rare AIP early “slasher” film!
13. DEAD OF WINTER (1987) – Chilling thriller starring Mary Steenburgen
Old 07-23-16, 12:58 AM
sb5
DVD Talk Special Edition

for the Cronenberg.
Old 07-23-16, 12:59 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I am starting to get sick of Scream Factory doing retreads for so many movies.
Old 07-23-16, 01:28 AM

Most excited for Bubba Ho-Tep out of the newly announced titles. Very underappreciated gem, the Bruce commentary in character as Elvis is worth it alone.
Old 07-23-16, 02:25 AM
DVD Talk Legend

In for most of those.
Old 07-23-16, 03:00 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger View Post
I am starting to get sick of Scream Factory doing retreads for so many movies.
Me too. I'm tired of double dipping. It irks me when there isn't one definitive edition of something. Rabid seems especially unnecessary. The Arrow release is top notch as far as I'm concerned.

Also, Black Christmas needs a proper transfer. But the Season's Grieving's Canadian exclusive has a boatload of exclusive special features. I guess it would be asking too much to have them ported over for the Shout set. If the Shout transfer is top notch but they don't include the extras, looks like I get to double dip yet again.

I'm probably in for most everything they announced barring bad transfers or lacking extras.

Oh and it wasn't included in my post but To Live and Die and L.A has been announced by Shout as well.

PS I wonder if I'm quick enough whether I'll be able to squeeze a couple dollars out of my Dead Ringers Criterion. Then again maybe they won't include the Criterion special features on the disc and ill end up double dipping YET AGAIN. Ack!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.