Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Toy Story 1 and 2 03/23/2010

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Toy Story 1 and 2 03/23/2010

Old 03-23-10, 03:19 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts
Re: Toy Story 1 and 2 03/23/2010

Even though I only paid $4 for these, that would be pretty lame to hold back for a double dip within six months time.

Originally Posted by Chew
Would you say to keep the Toy Box, if you own it?
You'd have to read back further in the thread, but supposedly not everything from the UTB is included, so if you are a completionist, yes. I was merely commenting on the new features to this edition.

Given their popularity, I would have thought they could have done a special feature about creating the TS rides in Disney World. It would be a direct promo for the parks, so it seemed like a no brainer to me.
Old 03-23-10, 03:28 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 176 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
I'm sure they'll have far more compressive extras on the inevitable trilogy box-set later this year.
I dunno. As I understand it, when they released the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy, they just included all three discs found on the individual releases. I can see them issuing a collection of the three Toy Story movies, but I wouldn't count on it including anything not found on the individual releases.
Old 03-23-10, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
You'd have to read back further in the thread, but supposedly not everything from the UTB is included, so if you are a completionist, yes. I was merely commenting on the new features to this edition.
What exactly is missing? I just put in TS1 and they have the "Classic DVD Features" and there's quite a bit of stuff on there including "The Making of Toy Story" and the trailers. And the commentary is on there too. I'm not sure what is missing. I don't see the Pixar shorts "Tin Toy" and "Luxo Jr." on there anywhere, but other than that I don't see anything else missing.
Old 03-23-10, 03:40 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by slop101
I'm sure they'll have far more compressive extras on the inevitable trilogy box-set later this year.
I hope they're cold compressive, because I don't need my PS3 to heat up any more.
Old 03-23-10, 03:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by The Monkees
What exactly is missing? I just put in TS1 and they have the "Classic DVD Features" and there's quite a bit of stuff on there including "The Making of Toy Story" and the trailers. And the commentary is on there too. I'm not sure what is missing. I don't see the Pixar shorts "Tin Toy" and "Luxo Jr." on there anywhere, but other than that I don't see anything else missing.
I'm mainly looking for the interstitials. I don't see them listed on these releases.
Old 03-23-10, 04:50 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

Wasn't there something about Free Tickets to Toy Story 3? I just received both blu-rays from Amazon, and don't see any free tickets.
Old 03-23-10, 04:56 PM
Banned by request

Both movies have inserts in the cases where you can get movie cash tickets, valued up to $8.50.
Old 03-23-10, 04:56 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by TheBigDave
Wasn't there something about Free Tickets to Toy Story 3? I just received both blu-rays from Amazon, and don't see any free tickets.
Enter the Magic Rewards Code at disneymovierewards.com. This unlocks a code that you enter at another site to get a personalized .pdf movie ticket. When you go to redeem, it will ask you your name and the theater where you intend to see the movie. So, if you've got a specific favorite theater, you can go ahead and fill this out. If you're not sure and don't want to commit this far in advance to one theater, just wait.
Old 03-23-10, 05:06 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Ok, now I get it. You have to log into your account at disney and then enter the UPC codes for TS1 and TS2 in the same place you would normally enter Magic Reward codes. Hope that helps anyone else who may have been confused.
Old 03-23-10, 05:26 PM

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

the pdf movie ticket doesn't require you to install printer like the 10 dollar coupon did - right?

but when you enter the rewards code it also ads to your own personalized number count - right?

are there any restrictions as to what theatres are NOT participating - I know that AMC doesn't do one of the ticket reward programs. I'd favour seeing this at AMC Tyson's new IMAX-Digital system, but I want to see which theatres will be showcasing this in the new 7.1 surround sound setup
Old 03-23-10, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Has anyone watch the movies in Blu-Ray yet?

How is the VQ compared to the awesome reviews that are out there.
Old 03-23-10, 05:52 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by Giles
the pdf movie ticket doesn't require you to install printer like the 10 dollar coupon did - right?
You can either print, or save as a .pdf to print later. I'm assuming that Adobe is all you need to print later. I can't say whether any other software is needed to print directly from the site.

but when you enter the rewards code it also ads to your own personalized number count - right?
If I understand you correctly, then yes, it adds the 125 points to your account. If you're holding out for a double rewards day, then you should be able to just wait.

are there any restrictions as to what theatres are NOT participating - I know that AMC doesn't do one of the ticket reward programs. I'd favour seeing this at AMC Tyson's new IMAX-Digital system, but I want to see which theatres will be showcasing this in the new 7.1 surround sound setup
I didn't see any restrictions. It knows your ZIP Code and shows a map with theaters in your area. I believe you can expand the search range and even look for a different area entirely (say, if you were expecting to move by the time the movie is released, or you've got a vacation in mind).
Old 03-23-10, 06:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Iron_Giant
Has anyone watch the movies in Blu-Ray yet?

How is the VQ compared to the awesome reviews that are out there.
I popped each in briefly. They don't look as good as some of the newer Pixar films like UP or WALL-E, but they looks pretty damn good. I think TS 2 looks a bit better than the first.
Old 03-23-10, 06:23 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Snowmaker
I popped each in briefly. They don't look as good as some of the newer Pixar films like UP or WALL-E, but they looks pretty damn good. I think TS 2 looks a bit better than the first.
It'd have to.
Old 03-23-10, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't know there were dvd case and blu ray cases for Toy Story 1 +2. I bought them this morning at TRU and got 1 with the dvd case and 2 with the blu ray case. Oh well I already opened both and paid $16 something for both so I'm happy.
Old 03-23-10, 07:44 PM

Received 511 Likes on 368 Posts

Originally Posted by MinLShaw
Enter the Magic Rewards Code at disneymovierewards.com. This unlocks a code that you enter at another site to get a personalized .pdf movie ticket. When you go to redeem, it will ask you your name and the theater where you intend to see the movie. So, if you've got a specific favorite theater, you can go ahead and fill this out. If you're not sure and don't want to commit this far in advance to one theater, just wait.
Thanks for the info. It was a pretty easy process.
Old 03-23-10, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by scottp120
I didn't know there were dvd case and blu ray cases for Toy Story 1 +2. I bought them this morning at TRU and got 1 with the dvd case and 2 with the blu ray case. Oh well I already opened both and paid $16 something for both so I'm happy.
Yeah that irritated me because when I got there they only had TS1 in the BD case, I picked up the 2nd one in a DVD case but they had the preorders behind the counter, so I got them both in BD cases after all.

Great fantastic deal though. I got both TS movies for $16 AND got $20 off of Bolt on BD bringing it down to $10. I've been putting off buying that for a while now. I think I might start buying all my Disney BDs at TRU!

I'm mainly looking for the interstitials. I don't see them listed on these releases.
What are interstitials?
Old 03-23-10, 07:53 PM

Originally Posted by scottp120
I stood looking at them with this expression on my face
Old 03-23-10, 08:13 PM

Would you say to keep the Toy Box, if you own it?
it also looks like if you have the 10th Anniversary DVD edition of Toy Story 1 and the 'Woody's Round Up Edition ' of Toy Story 2 have extras that weren't ported over to the bluray either.

Last edited by Giles; 03-23-10 at 11:29 PM.
Old 03-23-10, 08:36 PM

I did notice on part 1 there are things called Toy Story Treats (or something along those lines) that are just short little animated things between the characters, obviously done with different voice actors for Woody and Buzz. Not sure what they were originally for but there's a ton of them.
Old 03-23-10, 08:40 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kstublen
UGH @ that Blu-ray/DVD Combo Pack. I'm sorry, but anyone that wants to own Toy Story at this point already has the DVD. I'm sick of this needless inflation of MSRP.
mmmm but you didnt pay more than 17.00 for BOTH right?
Old 03-23-10, 08:50 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 675 Likes on 451 Posts

Originally Posted by Sirgey
if you read the small print on both the 5 and 10 coupon it says one coupon per item purchased, other use (2 per disk) constitutes fraud, so yes TRU may take both but you are stealing as they wont be able to get both values back from the manufacturer.
I don't think any of this coupon 'stacking' is abuse, as some of you are claiming. The fine print on almost every coupon says 'only one coupon per item'. It is referring to that particular coupon. You can not use multiple of the same coupon, but can use one of each type of coupon per item. Stores should go out of their way to accept any and all manufacturer's coupons, as they are better than cash. They get reimbursed full value and a handling fee.

I base the above statement on years of working customer service, and years of speaking to customer service managers at various stores.

Of course, as we know, not all cashiers, supervisors, and store managers know/believe this, and will refuse multiple coupons. That's fine. I never fight it personally, got denied using more than one coupon at TRU today.

But I think any of you thinking poorly of any of us using or trying to use multiple coupons need to relax a bit.

Again, I am just basing this opinion on actual practice and on multiple conversations with managers of all types of stores. If certain stores have different policies or there are laws contradicting what I said, please don't call me a liar. I'm just going by what I've been told dozens of times over the years by multiple managers.
Old 03-23-10, 09:00 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 911 Likes on 646 Posts

Originally Posted by The Monkees
This wasn't specific in the least, but posted earlier via theDigitalBits:

BUT... and this is a big one... these Blu-rays DO NOT include all of the special features from the stellar Ultimate Toy Box DVD set released in 2000. Much material from that set is missing on the Blu-rays. So the bottom line is that if you love these films, and you want ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING that's been released extras-wise, you need to keep both DVD sets. On the other hand, if you're not quite that picky, you can probably get away with selling the 2005 discs and you'll only be losing a few things (the introductions to the films, the multi-angle progressions and a couple other relatively minor items). In any case, I'd definitely recommend hanging on to the Ultimate Toy Box DVDs even if you do upgrade to Blu-ray. That set was just way too good to part with, and there's a lot of extras only available there. So... that one caveat aside, the new Blu-rays are pretty terrific and I think they were well worth the wait. I suspect you're going to love them.
Old 03-23-10, 09:20 PM
Banned by request

Given that most people should be able to get these for less than $10 total, and certainly less than $20 total, I see no reason why anyone should sell the Ultimate Toy Box set if they still own it.
Old 03-23-10, 09:29 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

As far as how these things look in action, I think Toy Story 1 and 2 are both top notch.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.