DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   information on the upcoming Watchmen ultimate edition.... (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/561889-information-upcoming-watchmen-ultimate-edition.html)

TylerDurden_73 09-22-09 06:08 PM

information on the upcoming Watchmen ultimate edition....

videobusiness.com

Zack Snyder's theatrical release of Watchmen came on DVD and Blu-ray in July and the DVD premiere Watchmen: Tales of the Black Freighter in March. In November, fans will be able to see both in the same movie when Warner releases Watchment: The Ultimate Cut.

The limited edition (only 70,000 will be available) five-disc DVD and four-disc Blu-ray sets will be released on Nov. 3 (prebook Sept. 29) priced at $43.87 and $59.99, respectively.

The Watchmen: The Complete Motion Comic also will be included. It was released separately in March.

The special features menu on the Ultimate Cut also will offer:

· Audio Commentary with Zack Snyder and Dave Gibbons

· The Phenomenon: The Comic that Changed Comics (RT: 28:50) - Learn how the subversive, thematically complex, award winning comic that changed literature, inspired analytical debate, and won countless fans, was created.

· Real Super Heroes, Real Vigilantes (RT: 27:28) - Explores the fascination and psychology behind real-world vigilantes and where that behavior crosses over into actually donning the hood and behaving as superheroes.

· Mechanics: Technologies of a Fantastic World (RT: 16:46) - The creators of Watchmen had a great understanding of engineering and science, allowing for plausible mechanics in their characters tools and the world itself. This featurette will guide the viewer through the filmmakers process of turning these technologies into cinematic reality.

· Watchmen: Video Journals

· My Chemical Romance video Desolation Row (RT: 3:16)

· Under The Hood (RT: 36:00) - A retrospective look on the biography by Hollis Mason – the original Nite Owl – and the world of those who stood for hooded justice.

· Story Within A Story: The Books of Watchmen (RT: 26:00) - Weave through the nuanced layers of detail to see how a comic-within-a comic acts as parallel commentary to the acclaimed work of Literature, Watchmen.

· Digital Copy of the Theatrical Version

The Valeyard 09-22-09 06:28 PM

Re: information on the upcoming Watchmen ultimate edition....

Boo for repeated features.

islandclaws 09-22-09 06:56 PM

Uhhh.. really? That's it? Pretty damn weak, if you ask me. Wasn't most of that stuff on the DC release? And why are we only getting the TC on digital again? The packaging better rock.

Edit: just saw packaging... meh.

Labor 09-22-09 07:01 PM

Pretty unimpressive

and lol at them just inserting the motion comic in its original case in the package

TylerDurden_73 10-29-09 04:54 PM

Just got a email from amazon stating that the release has been pushed back to the 10th. Damn I was so lokking forward to this...

whotony 10-29-09 07:28 PM

WHAT. pushed back a week, just canceled my order.

biglou114 10-30-09 03:05 PM

Does anybody know how the $10 off coupon from the initial release will work? Is a mail-in rebate, or and WBstore only coupon?

BillWatkins 11-03-09 09:49 AM

Heat was delayed a week too, another WB release, wonder what's going on.

steebo777 11-03-09 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by biglou114 (Post 9806140)
Does anybody know how the $10 off coupon from the initial release will work? Is a mail-in rebate, or and WBstore only coupon?

WBStore newsletter only as it says on the coupon.

Eric F 11-03-09 02:43 PM

AFAIK it's a printable e-coupon so retail only. But since the coupon is coming a month after release it won't help much with sales. A calculated move I'd say...

TheDuke 11-03-09 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by whotony (Post 9804596)
WHAT. pushed back a week, just canceled my order.

I REALLY hope you are kidding.

Solid Snake 11-03-09 08:11 PM

fuck it. I don't give a damn about the coupon anymore. I just want it.

joltman 11-12-09 09:38 AM

Anyone else hoping/waiting for a release of just the Ultimate Cut with commentary? I currently have the Director's Cut, and don't care about the Motion Comics, so I'm torn between getting the Black Freighter or the Ultimate Cut. It would obviously be a lot cheaper to just get the Black Freighter, but I really want the Ultimate Cut with commentary.

Boba Fett 11-12-09 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by joltman (Post 9831568)
Anyone else hoping/waiting for a release of just the Ultimate Cut with commentary? I currently have the Director's Cut, and don't care about the Motion Comics, so I'm torn between getting the Black Freighter or the Ultimate Cut. It would obviously be a lot cheaper to just get the Black Freighter, but I really want the Ultimate Cut with commentary.

I posted in the SD-DVD thread for this release my thoughts on the matter.

I think the Limited Edition status is this set only. I would be shocked if the Ultimate Cut w/commentary disc wasn't released on it's own later down the line.

The fact that the motion comic was tossed in just like it was sold in stores, makes me suspect they are trying to move stock of it.