Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Terminator Salvation Dec 1st

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Terminator Salvation Dec 1st

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-09, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Terminator Salvation Dec 1st

Based on Salvation, if McG worked with a good script, Im sure that he could crank out a great flick.

Salvation had some frankly terrific action setpieces imo, and it was overall rather well directed with lots of great shots littered through the movie. Pretty much all my issues with Salvation are script based really.
Old 12-05-09, 11:12 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

McG-McGinty

30-40 mins- contained possilble more story stuff and Terry Crews scenes, I believe he was higher ranking than Conner

The Rocky would've been a lot better if it was a full on military ops film over having that and the character of the scientist guy played by Cage.
Old 12-05-09, 11:14 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Labor
Based on Salvation, if McG worked with a good script, Im sure that he could crank out a great flick.

Salvation had some frankly terrific action setpieces imo, and it was overall rather well directed with lots of great shots littered through the movie. Pretty much all my issues with Salvation are script based really.
I liked it a lot better the second time around.

First time I was falling asleep. I had no idea what the point of anything was the first half and figured he had to be a Terminator if we're following some schlep around for no apparent reason.

I also had no idea the redhead was supposed to be his wife. Then I didn't realize she was pregnant. I thought she was just fat.
Old 12-05-09, 11:37 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://gizmodo.com/5419862/terminato...ntary-liveblog

Gizmodo has it up. I guess it's just transcribed and sorta truncated.

What a train wreck . . .

7:19: McG just confessed to verbal abuse from his father when he was growing up.

Last edited by MBoyd; 12-05-09 at 11:40 PM.
Old 12-06-09, 12:40 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I got a question answered. I sent a few in when I registered, but this was from three I sent straight through online. It was actually my worst question but I got a good response. WB has really impressed me with the evolution of these screenings. From the humble beginnings of The Dark Knight to this.

Also, just watched the movie and what reference AV/PQ, also a thumbs up for Warner who has gotten their last few big releases really right.

Definitely a good sit but, as I thought this summer, my problems also are script-based. It just lacks...something. Definitely would be interested in another installment.
Old 12-06-09, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Labor

QFT. And since so many good action movies have lackluster scripts, you gotta believe that McG can do a REALLY good job with a better script. I also have a feeling that another movie would be more fleshed out. As it tends to be, these franchises geared toward telling an overarching story about the evolution of a hero (ie John Connor) usually progress during the second film. I'm hoping whatever kind of story McG is telling, we really get the meat of it in the next film.

Basically, McG didn't botch this movie. However, if he wants to really be taken seriously, he needs to crank out a better sequel.
Old 12-06-09, 12:37 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I pre-ordered from amazon and I received the 3 disc (theatrical disc / directors cut disc and digital copy. It was my first viewing and I have to say that I was entertained, and I did enjoy it more than when 3 came out. After all the bad things I heard, I think it ended up being much better than I expected.
Old 12-06-09, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by andy434343
I pre-ordered from amazon and I received the 3 disc (theatrical disc / directors cut disc and digital copy. It was my first viewing and I have to say that I was entertained, and I did enjoy it more than when 3 came out. After all the bad things I heard, I think it ended up being much better than I expected.
+1 I did a blind buy after hearing bad things about the movie but I'm glad I picked it up as I can see myself watching it again over quite a few other BDs I own. It may not have had the greatest script but it was a fun ride and had some really good action sequences.
Old 12-06-09, 02:19 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I missed the live commentary :/ I wasn't aware of it until 2 hours after it happened. Rage ensued.
Old 12-06-09, 03:09 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Checked out the max movie mode yesterday and it was pretty good. mcG states the obvious sometimes that gets a little annoying but it was a great addition to watching the film again.
Old 12-06-09, 04:36 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by StephenX
QFT. And since so many good action movies have lackluster scripts, you gotta believe that McG can do a REALLY good job with a better script. I also have a feeling that another movie would be more fleshed out. As it tends to be, these franchises geared toward telling an overarching story about the evolution of a hero (ie John Connor) usually progress during the second film. I'm hoping whatever kind of story McG is telling, we really get the meat of it in the next film.

Basically, McG didn't botch this movie. However, if he wants to really be taken seriously, he needs to crank out a better sequel.
I don't know. Hearing his description of the next film and since it doesn't really have anything to do with this one worries me. Time travel movies are a pain, continuity wise, but I'd really be more optimistic if he had someone else really watching what was going on.
Old 12-06-09, 06:23 PM

At Best Buy today I noticed they had a stack of the non-slip cover versions which I would assume to be the same 2 disc version that Amazon has. They did have twice as many left with the slipcover though. Still odd to me to see versions without the digital copy and slipcover released so early.
Old 12-06-09, 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
I don't know. Hearing his description of the next film and since it doesn't really have anything to do with this one worries me. Time travel movies are a pain, continuity wise, but I'd really be more optimistic if he had someone else really watching what was going on.
Oh absolutely. I'm just willing to be open-minded. Like I did with Salvation, I won't go into the movie expecting a piece of crap. For better or worse, I suppose.
Old 12-06-09, 10:33 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by lgchan
At Best Buy today I noticed they had a stack of the non-slip cover versions which I would assume to be the same 2 disc version that Amazon has. They did have twice as many left with the slipcover though. Still odd to me to see versions without the digital copy and slipcover released so early.
The replacement copy that I received from Amazon had a slipcover and digital copy. Great customer service from Amazon!
Old 12-07-09, 07:00 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
The replacement copy that I received from Amazon had a slipcover and digital copy. Great customer service from Amazon!
Mine didn't. I still have to send back the other one I got. I fired off another email explaining.

See if I get another one, this is frustrating. I only have like 1 more entry form for the Buy 5 Get one Free on Warners site.
Old 12-07-09, 10:12 PM

Is anyone else pissed off about the live commentary thing too? When and where was this announced? I didn't have a Blu-Ray player until about a month ago. But I clearly remember being aware of The Dark Knight live commentary event for weeks before it happened.

Any chance this will eventually be made available for download?
Old 12-08-09, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by Pillowhead
Mine didn't. I still have to send back the other one I got. I fired off another email explaining.

See if I get another one, this is frustrating. I only have like 1 more entry form for the Buy 5 Get one Free on Warners site.
I think it all depends where you're getting it out of - Amazon has multiple warehouses, some I'm sure are out of the slip and others may still have it (or one may have gotten all of them, and the others none). I spoke to someone at WB who said the DC's are limited based on # of preorders - IE: amazon has 15,000 preorders - they get 15,000 LE's and the rest (5,000, 10,000) 'regular editions' - problem is, Amazon didn't ship the 15,000 LE's to the 15,000 preorders, they put all orders together and just shipped at random.
Old 12-08-09, 02:34 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,641 Likes on 2,613 Posts

Originally Posted by RD1973
Is anyone else pissed off about the live commentary thing too? When and where was this announced? I didn't have a Blu-Ray player until about a month ago. But I clearly remember being aware of The Dark Knight live commentary event for weeks before it happened.

I registered for Warner Blu Ray Live and got an e-mail about it a few days before it aired.
Old 12-08-09, 03:56 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

It was announced a few months ago, just not a lot of buzz had been going around it.
Old 12-08-09, 08:02 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I received the plain Blu-ray from Walmart yesterday. I didn't open the shrink wrap yet and have plans to stop at walmart today to see if they have the one with the slipcover.
Old 12-08-09, 10:31 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Probably a one time deal, like the Dark Knight one.

You really aren't missing much and you can read the transcript someone already linked to. Hell, they even took a break during a big action sequence and came back after it was over.

The only reason I didn't turn it off was because I hadn't seen that version of the film yet. If I did, I would've turned it off.
Old 12-08-09, 12:26 PM
Banned

Best Buy lowered the price of their exclusive Terminator head packaging to $28.99. Is the first time I see them lowering one of those head packaging items. I guess the didn't sell as well as they thought they would.
Old 12-09-09, 01:13 AM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Probably a one time deal, like the Dark Knight one.

You really aren't missing much and you can read the transcript someone already linked to. Hell, they even took a break during a big action sequence and came back after it was over.

The only reason I didn't turn it off was because I hadn't seen that version of the film yet. If I did, I would've turned it off.
They really should, at least, make the transcript available later on. It really sucks if you didn't buy the Blu-Ray right away or missed the announcement.

Also, what was posted here is just some douch making fun of the event, not a transcript.
Old 12-09-09, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

They really should, at least, make the transcript available later on. It really sucks if you didn't buy the Blu-Ray right away or missed the announcement.

Also, what was posted here is just some douch making fun of the event, not a transcript.
Oh, I didn't click the link.

I do know that the wb live site already said there would be no transcript. I do think they should fix it for a download at least.
Old 12-09-09, 11:29 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dx23
Best Buy lowered the price of their exclusive Terminator head packaging to $28.99. Is the first time I see them lowering one of those head packaging items. I guess the didn't sell as well as they thought they would.
Is the sticker price now $28.99?

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.