Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Terminator Salvation Dec 1st

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Terminator Salvation Dec 1st

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-09, 02:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts
Re: Terminator Salvation Dec 1st

Still waiting for mine to arrive from Amazon, maybe today? But was just in Best Buy and they had plenty of the slipcover version. Also just checked Amazon's site. States 3 discs in the description.
Old 12-03-09, 02:41 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by collven
I lucked out at Best Buy. I preordered for in-store pick up and wasn't able to make it until yesterday. Imagine my surprise when the girl at customer service pulled out my order and it was the Limited Edition Endoskull version. I managed to keep my mouth shut and not give her any indication that it was the wrong version. Not bad for $15.99.
that was a different movie, so you're saying they gave you the $120 version of T2 instead of T-Salvation?
pics.
Old 12-03-09, 02:48 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 363 Likes on 215 Posts

Mine won't ship out sometime until next week since I ordered it with the new Harry Potter Blu-ray. So I expect that I will get the 2 disc version no slipcover.

I checked my local Walmart yesterday and no Terminator Salvation Blu-rays any where. I also checked local BB in Aiea and plenty of 3 discs versions with slip covers but the cost was $19.99.
Old 12-03-09, 02:55 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kahuna
Mine won't ship out sometime until next week since I ordered it with the new Harry Potter Blu-ray. So I expect that I will get the 2 disc version no slipcover.

I checked my local Walmart yesterday and no Terminator Salvation Blu-rays any where. I also checked local BB in Aiea and plenty of 3 discs versions with slip covers but the cost was $19.99.
Did you ask them to match their $15.99 online price?
Old 12-03-09, 04:23 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 363 Likes on 215 Posts

Originally Posted by BSTNFAN
Did you ask them to match their $15.99 online price?
Had no idea that it was that price online. I will just take my chance with Amazon.com. Got Terminator Salvation and Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince for $30.38.
Old 12-03-09, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I picked up a digital copy version from Target tonight. If the new one from Amazon is the digital copy version, then I'll return Target's. Otherwise, vice versa.

EDIT: I feel like Warner Bros. made this whole thing pretty confusing. They should've had two separate ISBN numbers for each version.
Old 12-03-09, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Anubis2005X
I picked up a digital copy version from Target tonight. If the new one from Amazon is the digital copy version, then I'll return Target's. Otherwise, vice versa.

EDIT: I feel like Warner Bros. made this whole thing pretty confusing. They should've had two separate ISBN numbers for each version.
Warner has been doing this with lots of their titles for awhile....the initial batch comes with a digital copy and a slipcover touting it, then both the DC and slip go missing with later pressings....I think Terminator: Salvation has just been the first time that second pressings were mixed in with the first batch....
Old 12-03-09, 07:48 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by whotony
that was a different movie, so you're saying they gave you the $120 version of T2 instead of T-Salvation?
pics.

No, it's in this week's BB ad on page 9. There is an endoskull version of Terminator Salvation for $34.99. It's not on their website for some reason.
Old 12-03-09, 07:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Actually, the endoskull does look pretty cool. Not 34.99 cool however.
Old 12-03-09, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 603 Likes on 435 Posts

Originally Posted by collven
No, it's in this week's BB ad on page 9. There is an endoskull version of Terminator Salvation for $34.99. It's not on their website for some reason.
Ok I looked it up and did see that?
Old 12-03-09, 09:24 PM
DVD Talk Legend

BestBuy.ca has it here.

Don't know why the US site doesn't have it up. They did put up a link here for the Harry Potter Death-Eater Mask.
Old 12-03-09, 11:10 PM

It looks like Amazon partly updated the product description on their site - it says 2 discs, but the "Special Features" lists 3 discs.

I called yesterday to get a replacement (since I actually DID want the digital copy and ordered about 6 weeks ago). Replacement came today and same story - no slipcover/digital copy.

I even called WB who insisted there are only 2 discs (and that the digital copy is included on one of the Blu-Ray's).
Old 12-03-09, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I just got mine from Amazon today which I pre-ordered over 2 months ago and got the non cover version. Went to Target, got the SE w/ cover for $14.99 w/ coupon and then returned the Amazon copy to Target a few hours later.
Old 12-04-09, 05:02 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by SPIDERone
It looks like Amazon partly updated the product description on their site - it says 2 discs, but the "Special Features" lists 3 discs.

I called yesterday to get a replacement (since I actually DID want the digital copy and ordered about 6 weeks ago). Replacement came today and same story - no slipcover/digital copy.

I even called WB who insisted there are only 2 discs (and that the digital copy is included on one of the Blu-Ray's).
the problem with amazon customer service is that its some guy named
rajiv answering your email from bangalore!
they seem to have outsourced their customer center and these indians
(can`t blame them) of course have no clue whatsoever, what kind
if stock is sitting in the us warehouse!
i asked once if a dvd still came with a slipcover and there is no way
they can source that information.

ps. funny thing is (and in this case luckily i don`t care) i received my quantum of solace from
amazon`s black friday sale today and it was just a one disc copy. wasn`t that originally a two disc digital copy thing as well?
anyway, digital copies i can live without, but if they screw me out of a slipsleeve, then i really get angry

Last edited by philip74; 12-04-09 at 05:04 AM.
Old 12-04-09, 08:22 AM

I picked my copy from Best Buy with a slipcover and dc. I just didn't want to get an incomplete stuff. I checked first 15 minutes and man, PQ is awesome. I saw the movie before and from what I remember, I liked it much better then TRANSFORMERS 2 and STAR TREK. I really like WB's Maximum Move Mode. Very nice BD stuff. Definately a must own BD.
Old 12-04-09, 08:40 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

Got mine from Amazon today. Had slipcover and digital copy. Order placed on Nov 24.
Old 12-04-09, 10:52 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Watched this tonight. PQ and AQ was outstanding!
Old 12-05-09, 10:45 AM

Watching this right now. PQ is top-notch. Audio....incredible. Im running this on a CT-100 in my living room, and the soundtrack is absolutely kicking my ass. Love it. Movie ain't too bad either.
Old 12-05-09, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I had this in my hands a couple times this week, but I just can't justify buying it. The film was just so weak. I don't see myself watching it again, which sucks because the production design was fantastic.

That BB endoskull packaging looks like shit, too.
Old 12-05-09, 01:28 PM
Challenge Guru & Comic Nerd

Received 680 Likes on 456 Posts

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
I had this in my hands a couple times this week, but I just can't justify buying it. The film was just so weak. I don't see myself watching it again, which sucks because the production design was fantastic.

That BB endoskull packaging looks like shit, too.
I liked the film, but guarantee it will be on sale for $9.99 or less within a year, so didn't even look at it this week.

And yes, that packaging was awful looking.
Old 12-05-09, 04:27 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did not see the movie in the Theater, but really enjoyed the move in BR.

I felt the movie was a very logical movie with tons of tie-ins to the 1st 3 movies.

Hope they come out with another movie to bring the whole Terminator series to an end.
Old 12-05-09, 06:26 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The live commentary starts in an hour and a half.

To register
http://wblive.warnerbros.com/pubLCS_...ventId=2862607
Old 12-05-09, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
The live commentary starts in an hour and a half.

To register
http://wblive.warnerbros.com/pubLCS_...ventId=2862607
I didn't even know they were doing a live commentary - I won't be here at that time though

Do these ever show up as a downloadable (even as an MP3 to play alongside the movie)?

Downloadable commentaries would be an awesome BD-live feature.
Old 12-05-09, 06:46 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I didn't even know they were doing a live commentary - I won't be here at that time though

Do these ever show up as a downloadable (even as an MP3 to play alongside the movie)?

I know they did the same thing with The Dark Knight but I'm not sure what happened if you missed it.
Old 12-05-09, 11:00 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Just finished it. Doesn't look like they're up for downloads ever. Just something to push you to get it when it comes out. They're also doing a Harry Potter one with Harry and the director.

Couldn't get the sound to work at all so I just had the movie audio and the commentary text. McG apparently didn't know they were watching it live and the moderator blew the "twist" at the very beginning which McG, I thought, rightfully called him out on.

It wasn't bad. I guess there is around 30-40 minutes that was cut but the director's cut of a movie doesn't automatically mean everything gets dumped in. It's more of whatever they wanted to do different than the theatrical and just because they filmed and cut something doesn't mean it always ends up working in a film.

Not too sure how I feel about his idea of the next movie. I don't usually follow stuff like this so maybe everyone else already knows but he said it would be a modern day film where Conner goes back to our time to warn people about Skynet.

He seemed open to the critiques of the film and realized he should have spent more time on details such as everyone having clean and nice looking hair considering they're living in a wasteland.

He also claimed that McG was something his parents decided to start calling him as a kid and the name stuck. It's based off his middle name, which I don't remember what it was.

I think the movie was better the second time around, McG isn't a great director by any means but seems to be slowly improving as opposed to Michael Bay which gets worse with each film.

edit: After reviewing Bay's previous movies, I was wrong. He's pretty much sucked ass with each movie he made and I refuse to believe he made The Rock because I like that movie. He sucks as much now as he did in the beginning.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.