Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Deadland 2 [HD-DVD]

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Deadland 2 [HD-DVD]

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-09, 04:22 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Deadland 2 [HD-DVD]

Originally Posted by RocShemp
Yeah, I never let go of my HD DVD player either. I just wish I had an XA2 rather than an A2.
I'm still planning on picking one up on ebay when I get around to it. Just looking for one right out of the box ...

I'm 100% sure the powers to be behind this release are watching this thread, and on other boards, so here's a suggestion. How about throwing in something autographed similiar to the limited release of I Drink Your Blood or The Nailgun Massacre?
Old 09-06-09, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Each HD DVD purchsed will come with a COA... Once they are printed I will sign each one.

I just filmed and edited two new featurettes over the weekend about indie filmmakng just for the HD DVD release.

Basically we took questions and did our best to answer them and I used three local indie filmmaking teams...

myself
The crew behind Ninja Vs. Zombies
The writer/Director of Women's Studies

I actually shot enough footage for a third featurette, but with a time crunch I amy not get to editing it... I'll have to see.
Old 09-06-09, 02:57 PM

Originally Posted by Maxflier
I would swear the dude with the cap is one of those college kids from Borat that pick him up in the camper.

The actors name is Joseph Durbin. He never mentioned being in Borat, and I haven't seen Borat so I dunno, but I don't think it is him as he is on IMDB and Borat isn't listed in his acting credits.
Old 09-06-09, 03:15 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by DjfunkmasterG
Each HD DVD purchsed will come with a COA... Once they are printed I will sign each one.

I just filmed and edited two new featurettes over the weekend about indie filmmakng just for the HD DVD release.

Basically we took questions and did our best to answer them and I used three local indie filmmaking teams...

myself
The crew behind Ninja Vs. Zombies
The writer/Director of Women's Studies

I actually shot enough footage for a third featurette, but with a time crunch I amy not get to editing it... I'll have to see.
Awesome! I can't wait to get this disc! Thank you!
Old 09-07-09, 04:11 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

The new Cheap Trick album is available on 8-track too through their site- it's also $30, which kept me from ordering one.

I'll pay a nice premium for this movie if they release it on CED videodisc though- I have EVERY title released on that format!
Old 09-07-09, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
The new Cheap Trick album is available on 8-track too through their site- it's also $30, which kept me from ordering one.

I'll pay a nice premium for this movie if they release it on CED videodisc though- I have EVERY title released on that format!
Hey thanks for your input... God knows every message board and thread needs one smart ass to chime in.

As i Have said before and will say again... the cost of the replication and mastering, authoring etc will be covered via the $30 price tag. People who get upset about the price clearly have no clue of the amount of money it costs to produce and master an HD DVD release, or even Blu-Ray for that matter. Sure if I had Brad Pitt in it, and could master 1,000,000 disc it would be profitable, but again, it is microbudgeted zombie film, being released in a format that has long been defunct and is being done for HD DVD fans.

Sorry to the rest of the board. I usually don't feed the trolls, but every once and a while you get curious as to what happens when you do feed them. So maybe now that he is fed he can go back to his cave and hide out for the next unsuspecting victim.
Old 09-07-09, 10:17 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

I think it's more from the perspective as to WHY you are releasing on an obsolete format. Sure, he did it in a smart ass way, but I did question as to why you even feel the need to put an HD DVD out after it's been dead for nearly a year. I did read the press statement that HD DVD is region free, but there are several blu rays out there that are as well. If only other fimmakers would adhere to fan requests like this. I applaud you in doing this completely by yourself, not bound by any studios. Good luck, I hope your experiment proves to be a success!
Old 09-07-09, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by trespoochies
I think it's more from the perspective as to WHY you are releasing on an obsolete format. Sure, he did it in a smart ass way, but I did question as to why you even feel the need to put an HD DVD out after it's been dead for nearly a year. I did read the press statement that HD DVD is region free, but there are several blu rays out there that are as well. If only other fimmakers would adhere to fan requests like this. I applaud you in doing this completely by yourself, not bound by any studios. Good luck, I hope your experiment proves to be a success!
I keep hearing HD DVD fans want more material so I did for the fans, believe me it wasn't for the profit.

This is strictly for the DIE HARD fans of HD DVD. I even re-edit the films credits giving special thanks to the hard core HD DVD fans. (Just on HD DVD version of film.)
Old 09-07-09, 03:36 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer & TOAT Winner

Received 333 Likes on 252 Posts

I wasn't being a smartass- I actually DO have every CED videodisc title and several working players, and Cheap Trick really did sell their new album on 8-track for $30 (which I really would have bought had it been a little cheaper).
Old 09-08-09, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
I wasn't being a smartass- I actually DO have every CED videodisc title and several working players, and Cheap Trick really did sell their new album on 8-track for $30 (which I really would have bought had it been a little cheaper).
Then I apologize. Hard to tell what people are thinking on a forum. (reading between the lines is a bitch. However... Cheap Trick versus my film...

Cheap Trick are a nationally known recording artist, I am an independent filmmaker. They have millions of dollars at their disposal... I think I have $0.05 in my bank account until pay day on friday.

It all comes down to cost. Maybe if I get successful enough down the road I can do something like this cheaply, but... as it stands at the moment I am the true definition of starving artist... although I stand 6'1 and weigh in at 275. So not really starving but you get the picture.
Old 09-08-09, 12:31 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Mod Note: Per DVD Talk's TOS, this is not allowed. If you wish to set up a promotion, please contact Internet Brands.