DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - 10/20/09 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/559992-transformers-revenge-fallen-10-20-09-a.html)

Mr. Cinema 08-17-09 06:33 PM

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - 10/20/09

Not officially announced yet, but a member on blu-ray.com snapped this photo at their local Suncoast.

http://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...king/T2dvd.jpg

Snowmaker 08-17-09 08:24 PM

Re: Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen - 10/20/09

I'm in. I liked it better than most people.

Moonstone 08-17-09 10:17 PM

I'll give it a look, I didn't think it was as bad as people said and who didn't love this line:

"I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON" :D :up:

EDIT: Just so you all know, the extras for this release were made by none other than Mr. Charles de Lauzirika so hopefully they should be good as Bay and his writers are straining to do some explaining for this one.

NiCK Crush 08-17-09 10:35 PM

I liked it as well. It should look great on Blu. Not as good as the first though.

Wasn't there supposed to be a double dip on the first one?

Snowmaker 08-17-09 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush (Post 9651413)
Wasn't there supposed to be a double dip on the first one?

They scrapped the idea, but I do believe there was a bunch of new BD-Live content for it to promote the sequel or something.

Blu Man 08-17-09 11:00 PM

I might pick it up a few months after the release just for the A/V experience. It was a very dissapointing movie.

NiCK Crush 08-17-09 11:02 PM

Also, I have to support US BD Steelbooks :thumbsup:

iNCREDiPiNOY 08-17-09 11:35 PM

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush (Post 9651459)
Also, I have to support US BD Steelbooks :thumbsup:

FYI, this isn't on BD, only on DVD. ;)

Drav3n 08-18-09 12:30 AM

wasnt a big fan of the movie. but if it drops to under $10 like it did @ best buy on black friday last year, then ill consider the purchase lol

My Other Self 08-18-09 12:36 AM

The visuals will look stunning I'm sure, but I don't think it'd be worth it until it's on sale around Christmas.

LickTheABCs 08-18-09 01:16 AM

I actually didn't hate the film like some, OK well maybe most of the people in the Movie forum. So I'm in.

Artman 08-18-09 01:34 AM

Originally Posted by Drav3n (Post 9651567)
wasnt a big fan of the movie. but if it drops to under $10 like it did @ best buy on black friday last year, then ill consider the purchase lol

I'll definitely be waiting on all my purchases this yr (from here on out probably)... I wouldn't expect $10, but $15 would be nice.

I did enjoy the movie, but the more I think about it... the more I realize how flawed it was... still, a pretty fun ride. Should make a great BD.

NiCK Crush 08-18-09 02:06 AM

Originally Posted by iNCREDiPiNOY (Post 9651504)
FYI, this isn't on BD, only on DVD. ;)

Am I missing something? You posted this in the Blu-ray steelbook's thread:

Originally Posted by iNCREDiPiNOY (Post 9640744)
USA

Transformers 2 - Revenge of the Fallen (TWEC Exclusive) (Release date: December 1, 2009)

?

Labor 08-18-09 02:39 AM

well, at least the cover design matches the first movies

iNCREDiPiNOY 08-18-09 02:45 AM

its a false alarm.

NiCK Crush 08-18-09 02:59 AM

Originally Posted by iNCREDiPiNOY (Post 9651636)
its a false alarm.

Ahh, damnit :(

RocShemp 08-19-09 02:22 PM

The white cover is cool. Too bad US steelbooks are only for DVD. :(

Originally Posted by Moonstone
I'll give it a look, I didn't think it was as bad as people and who didn't love this line:

"I'LL TAKE YOU ALL ON" :D :up:

That was one of the few good moments in that movie. If it were all like that (and opening scene in Shanghai), I would have loved this movie. Sadly, Bay needed to add a whole lot of crap to ruin the whole thing. :(

I am tempted to pick this up for ths sound alone but it wont likely be a day one purchase for me.

mdc3000 08-19-09 05:34 PM

I'll wait to pick this one up used since I thought it was just alright, but that forest fight is going to look great on blu-ray.

hapgilmore 08-19-09 07:20 PM

Jive talkin' robots + 2 1/2 hour run time that seemed to last 4 = movie i hope to never see again

Goldberg74 08-19-09 07:53 PM

I can wait for it to drop to $10-$15.

Gizmo 08-20-09 08:53 AM

http://bluviews.moviemansguide.com/w...s2-227x300.jpg

DreamWorks and Paramount Home Entertainment have announced an October 20, 2009 release date release for the summer blockbuster. Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen comes to Blu-ray with a 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio track (along with English and French Dolby Digital 5.1 tracks).

DISC 1:

* Commentary by Michael Bay, Roberto Orci and Alex Kurtzman

DISC 2:

* The Human Factor: Exacting Revenge of the Fallen—This multi-chapter documentary chronicles the entire creation of the film and includes interviews with the cast and crew:
o Seeds of Vengeance – Development and Design
o Domestic Destruction – Production: United States
o Joint Operations – Production: Military
o Wonders of the World – Production: Middle East
o Start Making Sense – Editing
o Under the Gun – Visual Effects
o Running the Gauntlet – Post-Production and Release

* A Day with Bay: Tokyo—An intimate and fun all-access journey with Michael Bay as he travels to Tokyo, Japan tor the world premiere of the biggest film of the year.
* 25 Years of TRANSFORMERS—Access an all-new featurette celebrating a monumental milestone for one of Hasbro’s most successful and popular franchises.
* NEST: Transformer Data-Hub—Explore conceptual artwork created by the production for 12 of the most popular AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS from the film.
* Deconstructing Visual Bayhem with Commentary by Pre-Vis Supervisor Steve Yamamoto— A series of multi-angle pre-visualization sequences allowing viewers to learn how some of the film’s most spectacular scenes were created with an introduction by Michael Bay.
* Extended Scenes
* Music Video: Linkin Park’s “New Divide”

** BLU-RAY EXCLUSIVES **

* The ALLSPARK Experiment—Viewers get their chance to unleash the power of the recently recovered ALLSPARK shard on Earth vehicles. Begin by selecting and customizing a vehicle with a selection of parts and accessories. Then apply the ALLSPARK to this creation and watch what happens. Applying the ALLSPARK to certain custom combinations enables four new robot characters with special powers. If viewers discover all four, they unlock a fifth vehicle, which reveals a top secret message about the future of the TRANSFORMERS movie franchise.
* NEST: Transformer Data-Hub—A database of some of the TRANSFORMERS characters that appear in the new film, offering users access to each robot’s confidential file.
* Giant Effing Movie – A very personal look at the making of the movie.
* The Matrix of Marketing—An archive of the film’s promotional media including trailers, posters and television spots.

steebo777 08-20-09 08:54 AM

What a fugly cover.

mattysemo247 08-20-09 12:35 PM

Ya that cover sucks

They should just slap a pic of Megan Fox's ass on the cover. That would make copies fly off the shelves.

RocShemp 08-20-09 12:58 PM

I actually like the cover. It's far better than the single disc DVD cover and the cheapo looking German BD cover.

This should be good.

Start Making Sense – Editing
You know, for a laugh. ;)

islandclaws 08-20-09 02:17 PM

Ugly cover, dumb movie.... whatever. It was entertaining, had lots of cool robot fights and sounded incredible. I'll buy it.