DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   TV shows without jackets?! (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/558963-tv-shows-without-jackets.html)

mhg83 07-28-09 05:57 PM

TV shows without jackets?!

This is starting to really piss me off. I'm fine with a movie not having a jacket but to have a tv show come with no insert?! This has happened on two sets I've bought. 24 season 7 and today with Dollhouse. Both are from Fox, so I'd assume all their other sets have no jacket (Except for Terminator season one) I cant imagine being that expensive to include freaking jacket. I remember all my DVD tv sets from fox had jackets (Buffy, Angel, Firefly) Why the change to exclude the jacket inserts on Blu-Rays? Or is the same thing happening on DVD sets?

Gizmo 07-28-09 05:59 PM

Re: TV shows without jackets?!

You mean inserts? Yeah - we've been scammed on those for years now on both Blu-ray and HD DVD. Some will still include one every once and a while but the studios would rather showcase off their lame BD-Live offerings instead.

Supermallet 07-28-09 07:11 PM

Still not as bad as Men Without Hats.

Gizmo 07-28-09 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet (Post 9604466)
Still not as bad as Men Without Hats.

:lol:

Drexl 07-28-09 11:34 PM

In the 80's, Phil Collins required no jacket.

edstein 07-28-09 11:47 PM

Those jackets are members only. Duh.

steebo777 07-29-09 09:19 AM

I thought Members Only jackets were making a comeback?

WMAangel 07-29-09 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by steebo777 (Post 9606259)
I thought Members Only jackets were making a comeback?

Apparently only in Iran:

http://www.foxnews.com/images/434980...oud_052808.jpg

AmityBoatTours 08-01-09 01:46 AM

i agree with you, at the very least if they arent going to include them,they could take a print the episode names on the disc or on the back of the cover art. the only tv shows that i have that include jackets are justice league season 1 smallville season 7 and sarah connor chronicles. which are wb releases. i think its a fox thing for some reason now

Originally Posted by mhg83 (Post 9604321)
This is starting to really piss me off. I'm fine with a movie not having a jacket but to have a tv show come with no insert?! This has happened on two sets I've bought. 24 season 7 and today with Dollhouse. Both are from Fox, so I'd assume all their other sets have no jacket (Except for Terminator season one) I cant imagine being that expensive to include freaking jacket. I remember all my DVD tv sets from fox had jackets (Buffy, Angel, Firefly) Why the change to exclude the jacket inserts on Blu-Rays? Or is the same thing happening on DVD sets?

freshticles 08-01-09 12:25 PM

I saw a Northern Exposure dvd in a bargain bin at Superstore the other day. It had a pretty sweet, warm looking jacket.

Rock88 08-02-09 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by freshticles (Post 9613859)
I saw a Northern Exposure dvd in a bargain bin at Superstore the other day. It had a pretty sweet, warm looking jacket.

I saw some Grease DVDs with jackets, but they weren't in the bargain bin.rotfl

mzupeman2 08-02-09 03:29 PM

TV series are the only products of digital home film/tv that I cared to have inserts for. An episode listing per disc is great, especially if they tell you the breakdown of each episode and what it's about. For movies, I could care less about the crappy inserts that tell me chapter listings I'm never going to care about anyway. TV series, it's a bit of a pain nowadays that studios don't have inserts anymore.

whotony 08-02-09 04:40 PM

jackets, jackets, we don't need no stinkin' jackets.