DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Warner's Double Dip continued...Harry Potter 1 and 2 "Ultimate" Editions (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/558226-warners-double-dip-continued-harry-potter-1-2-ultimate-editions.html)

E Unit 07-15-09 07:42 AM

Warner's Double Dip continued...Harry Potter 1 and 2 "Ultimate" Editions

I'm glad I held off buying the set, as tempting as it was. Now this. From Amazon via digitalbits...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA240_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Chamber-Secret...7661755&sr=1-9

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA240_.jpg

PerryD 07-15-09 07:59 AM

Re: Warner's Double Dip continued...Harry Potter 1 and 2 "Ultimate" Editions

Something to think about during the next WBshop.com deal.

E Unit 07-15-09 08:03 AM

And now the current BD set is on the Amazon Deal of the Day for $56.99. Nice and coordinated. Good job Warner's.

JayDerek 07-15-09 08:03 AM

If there's a picture or sound ugrade in quality, I MAY consider...otherwise hell no on these.

We have 3 more films to be released on Blu-ray yet and I guarantee there'll be some HUGE box set - my double dipping is reserved for that

rfduncan 07-15-09 08:03 AM

I myself am holding off until Deathly Hallows Part 1 & 2 finally hit BR when Warner will come out with an "ultimate" box release of all the films (except for Azkaban which has zero deleted scenes). I can wait... I know it is coming!

Sanjuro37 07-15-09 08:16 AM

Unless these things magically make the first two movies good, I'll pass. Hopefully the last, well, three films I guess are good enough to warrant me getting whatever mega set they dump on us Christmas of 2011. Otherwise, I'll just wait to upgrade for Azkaban and Goblet.

Rammsteinfan 07-15-09 08:36 AM

I've just waiting for the big 8 film set to come out eventually on BD. im sure they will have some ultimate set in 2011 or whenever the 8th film is out.

GenPion 07-15-09 08:42 AM

Please, PLEASE let these feature upgrades in PQ/AQ. These will definitely be mine then! Awesome news if that is the case!

Giles 07-15-09 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by rfduncan (Post 9570812)
I myself am holding off until Deathly Hallows Part 1 & 2 finally hit BR when Warner will come out with an "ultimate" box release of all the films (except for Azkaban which has zero deleted scenes). I can wait... I know it is coming!

"Azkaban" HAS deleted scenes, they even got reinstated back into the storyline of the film for the TV cut of the film [as had 'Sorcerer's Stone' and 'Chamber of Secrets'] - there's always been the rumour that the extended tv cuts will wind up on blu along with commentary tracks.

tylergfoster 07-15-09 02:12 PM

If there are legit extras instead of a slew of "kiddie" extras, I'm down.

I still kinda want the Blu trunk, though.

davidh777 07-15-09 02:47 PM

I think the first two were originally PCM

Arthur Dent 07-15-09 03:01 PM

I don't think I'll bother double-dipping on the Potters (actually, it'd be a triple-dip: I already upgraded from DVD to BD). I love the books and like the movies (to a degree), but I think I'm satisfied with the current BDs.

Gizmo 07-15-09 03:09 PM

These will likely just be the original discs in fancy new packaging. They may replace the PCM tracks with TrueHD though to save on space (like Disney did with No Country..). Didn't everyone get all worked up with A Christmas Story only to have it be the same damn disc in a metal tin? Same with Christmas Vacation?

Supermallet 07-15-09 03:18 PM

Like many others here, I'm waiting for the inevitable 1-8 set. The only reason I got 1-5 on BD is because Amazon had them as part of a B1G1.

bunkaroo 07-15-09 03:33 PM

http://amysrobot.com/files/cryinggob.JPG

"Come on!"

Gizmo 07-15-09 03:33 PM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet (Post 9571833)
Like many others here, I'm waiting for the inevitable 1-8 set. The only reason I got 1-5 on BD is because Amazon had them as part of a B1G1.

That's at least 2-3 years away though, right? I'm too impatient...though my HD DVD set still remains unwatched.

applesandrice 07-15-09 03:40 PM

I would expect these to include the PiP features which are as-yet exclusives to the HD DVD releases . . .

fumanstan 07-15-09 04:34 PM

I only have these on DVD and haven't upgraded to Blu, but it seems waiting for the eventual complete set would make sense rather then these.

Superman07 07-15-09 06:52 PM

While I don't own a player yet, it was my intention (had I bought one by now or even soon) to wait until the full set was out. However, now I'm wondering if there will be a full set...followed by another version of the full set. :(

WMAangel 07-15-09 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by applesandrice (Post 9571890)
I would expect these to include the PiP features which are as-yet exclusives to the HD DVD releases . . .

That would make sense, except the HP1 & 2 HD DVDs did NOT have PiP features....only 4 & 5 had HD DVD "exclusive" PiP tracks....

applesandrice 07-15-09 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by WMAangel (Post 9572300)
That would make sense, except the HP1 & 2 HD DVDs did NOT have PiP features....only 4 & 5 had HD DVD "exclusive" PiP tracks....

Hmmm . . . I give up, then. I thought there were PiP features on all 5 movies, but you're right -- it's only 4 and 5.

Jedi Master 33 07-15-09 09:26 PM

IF these has actually have some decent extras, I may consider getting the first one.

AmityBoatTours 07-15-09 10:04 PM

well i pre orderd them, can always cancel them once the final specs are announced if its not much of an upgrade

Jedi Master 33 07-15-09 10:16 PM

How much you guys wanna bet one of the new "features" will be a digital copy?

MTRodaba2468 07-15-09 10:39 PM

I haven't bothered to pick up the movies as they've been released, and I probably won't, since we all know there will be a giant box set once all 8 movies are released (I mean, they've released box sets every time a new movie was released on DVD).