Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Rumor: Grindhouse Coming to Bluray? (EDIT:Yup! Oct. 5th!)

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Rumor: Grindhouse Coming to Bluray? (EDIT:Yup! Oct. 5th!)

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-10, 12:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Rumor: Grindhouse Coming to Bluray? (EDIT:Yup! Oct. 5th!)

Originally Posted by Lemmy
And, not to sound snotty, but I don't give a shit about Criterions, either. I do own a few Criterions, but I don't buy movies just because they're on a prestigious label. I've never understood that kind of loyalty; I only buy the films I'll watch/enjoy, yet I read about people filling in the gaps in their Criterion Collection collections all the time around here.
HAHA!!! I actually agree! Criterion is great and theyve released some genuine marvels. But over 90% of their films are films I have 0% interest in.
Old 12-30-10, 01:25 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by slop101
Josh, you're dealing with Lemmy here, logic does not apply.
I think you know what you can do with your comment.

Video games are one of the biggest wastes of time, money, resources, and human effort I have ever seen. I hate 'em. Wouldn't own a system if it were free.
Old 12-30-10, 01:37 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Deflect!
Old 12-30-10, 01:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fumanstan

Lemmy had the same silly argument in the Predators thread.
It's not an argument, it's a statement of opinion.

I'm entitled to it.

And so are all of you, since you're all still reading this.

Old 12-30-10, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

It's not an argument, it's a statement of opinion.

I'm entitled to it.

And so are all of you, since you're all still reading this.

A silly opinion then, given it's based on assumptions that are incorrect about the PS3 and it's capabilities.
Old 12-30-10, 03:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by fumanstan
A silly opinion then, given it's based on assumptions that are incorrect about the PS3 and it's capabilities.
Silly for you, yet it* works flawlessly for moi. Who'da thunk it?!?

*it = disliking gaming in pretty much all it's aspects
Old 12-30-10, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

You're still ignoring the issue. There are plenty of people who happily use their PS3 as a blu-ray player only, and have never played a single game on it, as it's easily the best blu-ray player on the market for the price.
Old 12-30-10, 03:57 PM
Banned

You're still ignoring the issue. There are plenty of people who happily use their PS3 as a blu-ray player only, and have never played a single game on it, as it's easily the best blu-ray player on the market for the price.
I call bullshit. Name ten from these boards. I've never heard of one single person who'd even consider doing what you say in your post. In this day and age, the PS3 sure as hell isn't "the best player on the market for the price". That's simply ludicrous.
Old 12-30-10, 04:04 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Silly for you, yet it* works flawlessly for moi. Who'da thunk it?!?

*it = disliking gaming in pretty much all it's aspects
Disliking gaming isn't what any of us are talking about. It's you believing that the PS3 is inadequate as a Blu-ray player. Your feelings on video games really has nothing to do with this.
Old 12-30-10, 05:32 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Maybe Lemmy was raped a game cartridge?

My PS3 is pretty much only a BD player. A damn fine one as well. I have only MGS4 and 3 other games that I've yet to play...but it's a steady and very nice BD player for like huge ass percent of the time.
Old 12-30-10, 05:48 PM

I call bullshit. Name ten from these boards. I've never heard of one single person who'd even consider doing what you say in your post. In this day and age, the PS3 sure as hell isn't "the best player on the market for the price". That's simply ludicrous.
I have 0 PS3 games. I use the PS3 for Blu-ray only. I am an above average gamer as well. I play all games on the 360. I have about 50 games, and a few for the Wii also.

I bought the PS3 when it first came out, so it was the best blu-ray player at that time.

Overall, does it really matter...
Old 12-30-10, 07:07 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I don't play a single game on my PS3, and I bought the 40GB when it was still 300 about three years ago. I absolutley love my PS3 and haven't had one disc issue on the hundereds of movies I've watched.
Old 12-30-10, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

Old 12-30-10, 09:42 PM

4 down, 6 to go. Right now, you're 40% 'Guy who has no friggin' clue what he's talkin' bout'
Old 12-30-10, 10:36 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Maybe in 2008. Not in 2010. Especially with the way they handled 3D on it, lack of Analog, Lack of Region-freeness, Lack of being able to play some UK Imports (even though they are Region A discs), Power consumption, no Display...I can go on. Its still a great BD player, but not the best. Not in 2010. Its used to test discs mainly because it's the most common BD player around. You want to make sure your discs work with 60-80% of BD players in homes.
Old 12-30-10, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 599 Likes on 432 Posts

Since I haven't needed it in the 4 years i've had mine, what would I need analog for?
Also what was wrong with the way the handled 3-d?
Old 12-30-10, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Old 12-31-10, 12:13 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know for sure there's a good chunk of clips from that moment that we never got in the deleted scenes.
Old 12-31-10, 02:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I raise your "bullshit" to a "you're just plain wrong, but are too pig-headed to admit it".
Old 12-31-10, 10:25 AM
Banned

I raise your "bullshit" to a "you're just plain wrong, but are too pig-headed to admit it".
I'll agree with "I may be wrong about the specs of the PS3, but I would still NEVER consider buying a dedicated game system as a dedicated blu-ray player, becaue 1)I'm determined not to support gaming in any way, and 2)A gaming system doubling as a blu-ray player is nothing I'm interested in at all, in any way."

And if that don't satisfy you, I dunno what else I can say.

But I am done discussing it, other than these final thoughts:

I'll never own any game system, and I'm stunned that some folks who call themselves "tech-savvy" would adopt a non-component set-up, in any fashion. Have at it, be my guest; but don't bitch when, because you all just loooove the PS3 soooo much, that the weekly sales are filled with gaming garbage, and have less and less and less in the way of movies (or music), which is the only thing I regularly peruse the ads for.

P.S. My last GF had a PS2/3 or something, which she used as a DVD player. It was an abortion dealing with the controller (in no way a "remote") and the cable, to say nothing of not knowing which buttons on the damned thing did what. Never, ever, ever again.

I bought the dumb bitch a good Sony DVD player and hooked it up for her about a week before we broke up.
Old 12-31-10, 10:26 AM
Banned

By the way, asianxcore, thanks for the pic!
Old 12-31-10, 11:26 AM
DVD Talk Hero

I'll agree with "I may be wrong about the specs of the PS3, but I would still NEVER consider buying a dedicated game system as a dedicated blu-ray player, becaue 1)I'm determined not to support gaming in any way, and 2)A gaming system doubling as a blu-ray player is nothing I'm interested in at all, in any way."

I'll never own any game system, and I'm stunned that some folks who call themselves "tech-savvy" would adopt a non-component set-up, in any fashion. Have at it, be my guest; but don't bitch when, because you all just loooove the PS3 soooo much, that the weekly sales are filled with gaming garbage, and have less and less and less in the way of movies (or music), which is the only thing I regularly peruse the ads for.
But that's just it, it's not a dedicated gaming system. In fact, due it's being primarily a blu-ray player, a lot of games are hobbled with mandatory installs and play better on the Xbox, as that is the console that is easier for developers to make games on. The PS3 is primarily a home-entrainment hub, and everything that entails. Just the fact that tech-savvy people use it as a primary blu-ray player should tell you something.

You may be so anti-videogames that you refuse to buy (or accept) a PS3, and that's fine, but that doesn't discount the fact that it's a damn good blu-ray player and is still worth getting as a home-entertainment hub (besides Netflix, I stream a lot of shit from my PC through my PS3 to my TV) even if you don't play a game for one second.
Old 12-31-10, 11:39 AM
Banned

The PS3 is primarily a home-entrainment hub, and everything that entails.
at both the misspelling and the concept.

So, the PS3 is just a modern version of this:

I'll pass.

I'll replace my components as necessary; when your PS3 pukes out on ya, there goes your entire "entertainment hub", bub.
Old 12-31-10, 11:43 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

at not understanding the concept.
Old 12-31-10, 12:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I owned a PS3 for well over a year and a half without ever buying a single game for it. Since then, I've bought one game on disc, and purchased one game via download. Even then, it's still gets its main use as a Blu-Ray player.

P.S. My last GF had a PS2/3 or something, which she used as a DVD player. It was an abortion dealing with the controller (in no way a "remote") and the cable, to say nothing of not knowing which buttons on the damned thing did what. Never, ever, ever again.
Not that I expect you to change your mind, but you can get a remote for the PS3 to use instead of the controller. Hell, that was one of the first things I purchased, since I admittedly am not fond of using the controller for movies (I do enough of that when I watch Blu-Rays on my girlfriend's PS3).

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.