Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Rumor: Grindhouse Coming to Bluray? (EDIT:Yup! Oct. 5th!)

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Rumor: Grindhouse Coming to Bluray? (EDIT:Yup! Oct. 5th!)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-10, 09:26 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Rumor: Grindhouse Coming to Bluray? (EDIT:Yup! Oct. 5th!)

Originally Posted by SterlingBen
Thats a negative.

The only reason they waited was they wanted you to buy the extended cuts first. Now that the theatrical version is available it is (in my opinion) inevitable that a complete set will be down the road in the next 3-5 years. Until then my Extended cuts will suffice.

It's all a conspiracy, man!
Old 09-25-10, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Eh...5.1 is fine. It's not the best it could have been but it certainly isn't bad. Some of you are overreacting.

What I want to know, off topic - where in the crispy fuck is a US release of From Dusk til Dawn on Blu? The Canadian version came out almost 2yrs ago, albeit bare-bones, but it's still not out here as a budget or catalog title? Every Halloween, I wait patiently for it, and NOTHING. The Special Edition DVD isn't even fucking anamorphic. Guess I should just import it at this point...
Old 09-25-10, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by lordzeppelin
What I want to know, off topic - where in the crispy fuck is a US release of From Dusk til Dawn on Blu? The Canadian version came out almost 2yrs ago, albeit bare-bones, but it's still not out here as a budget or catalog title? Every Halloween, I wait patiently for it, and NOTHING. The Special Edition DVD isn't even fucking anamorphic. Guess I should just import it at this point...
Miramax.
Old 09-25-10, 10:03 AM

How are some people here not really bothered by this? I mean, it it had 7.1 DTS-HD audio but the disc was encoded at 1080i instead of 1080p would some of you make the same excuse?

That's ridiculous. Pass.
Old 09-25-10, 10:09 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StephenX
How are some people here not really bothered by this? I mean, it it had 7.1 DTS-HD audio but the disc was encoded at 1080i instead of 1080p would some of you make the same excuse?

That's ridiculous. Pass.
It doesn't bother some of us because we got it for such a low price. And after waiting three years, I'll take what I can get.
Old 09-25-10, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Legend

I canceled my order. I will get it down the road once the price drops, but I am not paying brand new price for something that skimps on the audio track.
Old 09-25-10, 12:42 PM
Cool New Member

I hate dbl dipping
Old 09-25-10, 12:51 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 327 Likes on 199 Posts

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
I still don't know why you believe this. It doesn't make a lick of sense. Holding back extras is one thing: if this was a barebones affair, that'd be different. But despite Blu-Ray being an enthusiast's format, studios don't know shit about enthusiasts, nor do they care. They would never think of lossless audio as a carrot to dangle on a future release, because they probably don't know a thing about it in the first place. It's a standard corporate oversight, not a scheme.
It's not just the audio, there will be some sort of Maximum Movie Mode type of features on the next discs.
Old 09-25-10, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's not just the audio, there will be some sort of Maximum Movie Mode type of features on the next discs.
lol @ you thinking they'll revisit this title again in the future and give it a better treatment than we are getting now.
Old 09-25-10, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Haha, you are breathtakingly delusional.
Old 09-25-10, 01:19 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

...Holding back extras is one thing: if this was a barebones affair, that'd be different. But despite Blu-Ray being an enthusiast's format, studios don't know shit about enthusiasts, nor do they care. They would never think of lossless audio as a carrot to dangle on a future release, because they probably don't know a thing about it in the first place. It's a standard corporate oversight, not a scheme.
Most logical post so far re: this news.

We're talking about a tertiary release of a cult film, (that didn't exactly do gangbusters when it was in theaters), being released on an enthusiasts' format that's doing a whopping 10% market share.

This is it. Deal with 448kbs DD now, when it's cheaper, or just enjoy the extended cuts.
Old 09-25-10, 03:37 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Nah, a re-release of this is coming the same time that the Kill Bill: Whole Bloody Affair is. I think there are probably still people waiting since 2003 for that.
Old 09-25-10, 03:58 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Maximum Movie Mode is a WB thing. If you weren't being specific, well, Rodriguez has already done a commentary (included on both this and the older Blu-Ray), and Quentin has never done for one of his own movies. There are commentaries on all of the trailers in this set as well, not to mention an extensive number of featurettes between the old and new releases. What more is there to add?

When I say "barebones", I mean "barebones". You will frequently get "movie-only" releases at one point and decked out SEs later, but you never get decked out SEs and then even further decked out SEs unless you're talking something with a sequel, like a Bourne movie.
Old 09-25-10, 04:03 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by StephenX

That's ridiculous. Pass.
I care more about picture than sound, especially when the 5.1 is certainly going to be fine. Beyond that, the fake trailers are the real draw here. If the older releases had the fake trailers I might not even pick this up.
Old 09-25-10, 06:45 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by calhoun07
I canceled my order. I will get it down the road once the price drops, but I am not paying brand new price for something that skimps on the audio track.
I'm assuming you weren't one of us lucky fuckers who got it for $13.99? Cuz...5.1...I can deal with for now. (I've still not able to get the 7.1 yet atm in my life...soon though)

No...like the good doctor said...you're delusional...mate.
Old 09-25-10, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 327 Likes on 199 Posts

Man, the amount of negative nancies in here is astounding. Has the last 10 years of DVDdom taught you you guys nothing.
Old 09-25-10, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 33 Likes on 26 Posts

Just surprised that two self-styled movie geeks like QT & RR let this slide through. Don't know if either of them blog or tweet, (or whatever people are doing nowadays), but I'd be surprised if one or the other doesn't respond to this at some point.
Old 09-26-10, 12:04 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Man, the amount of negative nancies in here is astounding. Has the last 10 years of DVDdom taught you you guys nothing.
It's taught us all the reasons when to expect and when not to expect double-dips that we're using to disagree with you right now.
Old 09-26-10, 12:08 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The last 10 years has taught me that some titles get re-released, but many do not. People just selectively remember the ones that do. It usually takes years for re-releases. And, it tends to be popular titles. This movie wasn't a box office hit, and I'm not sure it even has a huge cult following like an Office Space or a Donnie Darko.

We've waited 3 years for this to finally be released. Some of us don't want to wait longer because because they might release it again later with lossless audio, or in a big set with the extended versions. Some of us don't even want the extended versions, and some already bought them before.

BTW, Warner has released dozens of titles on BD with lossy soundtracks, going back to 2006. You can probably count the titles that have been upgraded to lossless on one hand.
Old 09-26-10, 01:54 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by BuckNaked2k
Just surprised that two self-styled movie geeks like QT & RR let this slide through. Don't know if either of them blog or tweet, (or whatever people are doing nowadays), but I'd be surprised if one or the other doesn't respond to this at some point.
Well...QT probably isn't the most tech kind of guy. RR though would be all over this. This is his baby. His hands were all over this for sure. I dunno why he'd do that. Again...I can't get to 7.1 yet, so the loss of it affects me not, but...it should be be expected by now to have that.
Old 09-26-10, 02:40 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,724 Likes on 1,880 Posts

Originally Posted by Drexl
The last 10 years has taught me that some titles get re-released, but many do not. People just selectively remember the ones that do. It usually takes years for re-releases. And, it tends to be popular titles. This movie wasn't a box office hit, and I'm not sure it even has a huge cult following like an Office Space or a Donnie Darko.
Yeah, look how many Miramax DVD titles still aren't in 16:9... even some like Scream and FDTD, which were double-dipped, still weren't in 16:9 on their second release.
Old 09-26-10, 03:22 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by matome
Nah, a re-release of this is coming the same time that the Kill Bill: Whole Bloody Affair is. I think there are probably still people waiting since 2003 for that.
Yup, still waiting. Never bought the Kill Bill DVD's or Blu Rays because I am STILL waiting for the whole thing. Now it's become a matter of principle that I won't buy the individual releases. Gah!
Old 09-26-10, 09:32 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi's Avatar

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you weren't being specific, well, Rodriguez has already done a commentary (included on both this and the older Blu-Ray), and Quentin has never done for one of his own movies.
Thank god, I say. His commentaries on the deleted scenes of Pulp Fiction were boring as hell.
Old 09-26-10, 09:42 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers
Thank god, I say. His commentaries on the deleted scenes of Pulp Fiction were boring as hell.
yet all his other commentaries for other films are entertaining as hell
Old 09-26-10, 10:17 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by Josh-da-man
Yeah, look how many Miramax DVD titles still aren't in 16:9... even some like Scream and FDTD, which were double-dipped, still weren't in 16:9 on their second release.
I love Canada. Both are 16:9 on Blu-ray

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.