Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Paramount Announces Sapphire Series (BD) -- Braveheart, Gladiator, Forrest Gump

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Paramount Announces Sapphire Series (BD) -- Braveheart, Gladiator, Forrest Gump

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-09, 09:07 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: Paramount Announces Sapphire Series (BD) -- Braveheart, Gladiator, Forrest Gump

Almost Famous should've beat Gladiator AND Traffic!
Old 06-23-09, 09:11 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: Paramount Announces Sapphire Series (BD) -- Braveheart, Gladiator, Forrest Gump

Originally Posted by abrg923
So...what are they, and how do you know?
I have a crystal ball.
Old 06-23-09, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly...you have no idea, so stop going around pretending everything you have today is some uber-secret knowledge that only you know.
Old 06-23-09, 09:17 PM
Suspended

Exactly...you have no idea, so stop going around pretending everything you have today is some uber-secret knowledge that only you know.
But I do know. I've already showed I've had knowledge of announcements well in advance before. Sorry if you don't like that (feel free to add me to your Ignore list) but we all know you're not Mr. Positive around these parts.
Old 06-23-09, 09:33 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
But I do know. I've already showed I've had knowledge of announcements well in advance before. Sorry if you don't like that (feel free to add me to your Ignore list) but we all know you're not Mr. Positive around these parts.
damn us for doubting

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/550...ml#post9302484
Old 06-23-09, 09:41 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Then you shouldn't have a problem explaining where you get this mystical knowledge. I refuse to blindly believe someone just because they claim to know something.
Old 06-23-09, 09:45 PM
Suspended

Then you shouldn't have a problem explaining where you get this mystical knowledge. I refuse to blindly believe someone just because they claim to know something.
Too cute.
Old 06-23-09, 10:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

And yet you still can't come up with an answer, or show your sources.
Old 06-23-09, 10:15 PM
Suspended

Correct, I won't share any of my sources.
Old 06-23-09, 10:23 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

You are becoming quite insufferable.

In my eyes, Gizmo has sufficiently established that he is privy to insider information. No one is forcing you to believe anything. You can ignore his information completely, take it with a grain of salt, or choose another option accordingly.
Old 06-23-09, 10:33 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by awil1026

In my eyes, Gizmo has sufficiently established that he is privy to insider information. No one is forcing you to believe anything. You can ignore his information completely, take it with a grain of salt, or choose another option accordingly.
You should see some of his other posts. I should have added him to my Ignore list sooner. I know I can be negative...but damn.

As for titles...things change fast. What was scheduled for Q4 today can change to Q1 of next year in a moment. Its becoming difficult now to even pinpoint a release because they are constantly being delayed or pushed to be a tie-in with a film, repackage with a DVD etc. Sometimes things change mere weeks before they come out (Army of Darkness). Studios are constantly moving things around to make sense for them or get titles out of the way of a bigger one. Look at Galaxy Quest - DVD arrived yet no Blu. Guess what title is coming out in Blu the same day as the Trek films? Galaxy Quest!

Feel free to take any of my posts with a grain of salt. Won't hurt my feelings
Old 06-23-09, 11:01 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by awil1026

I'm just pointing out the fact that he enjoys touting across the board all these random things that are supposedly facts, and yet can't back them up with an ounce of proof. It's easy to chalk it up to "well, plans changed" - it's a built-in excuse. Would be much easier simply to say "I've heard through the grapevine that this might be happening" and would be more accurate as well, instead of saying "this WILL be released on THIS date and no I don't have a source".

But, I'll drop it...just pointing out that blind faith gets you nowhere.
Old 06-23-09, 11:03 PM
Suspended

I'm just pointing out the fact that he enjoys touting across the board all these random things that are supposedly facts, and yet can't back them up with an ounce of proof. It's easy to chalk it up to "well, plans changed" - it's a built-in excuse. Would be much easier simply to say "I've heard through the grapevine that this might be happening" and would be more accurate as well, instead of saying "[Bt]his WILL be released on THIS date and no I don't have a source[/B]".

I never provided a single hard date But its cool...to the Ignore list you go.
Old 06-23-09, 11:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Good news! I'll definately pick all 3 up when I find them used ($15 or less, I hope.)
Old 06-23-09, 11:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

I'm just pointing out the fact that he enjoys touting across the board all these random things that are supposedly facts, and yet can't back them up with an ounce of proof. It's easy to chalk it up to "well, plans changed" - it's a built-in excuse. Would be much easier simply to say "I've heard through the grapevine that this might be happening" and would be more accurate as well, instead of saying "this WILL be released on THIS date and no I don't have a source".

Maybe i'm thinking of someone else, but I recall you questioning other insiders like Mao as well. Really, if you don't want to believe people then don't. Honestly, there are people here with inside info and can't always say how/why they know. No point bitching about it
Old 06-23-09, 11:35 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

My point to it is....what's to stop me from saying, "Hey, Star Wars is coming out on Blu-Ray in January...can't tell you how I know though".

Know what I mean?
Old 06-23-09, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Found my (ancient) VHS copy of that last month. Would love to see that cleaned up.
I bought a legit release (yes seriously) of it in China in a nice digi-book-like package. Picture quality is probably the same as VHS though. We watched it on a laptop while there.
Old 06-24-09, 12:17 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

My point to it is....what's to stop me from saying, "Hey, Star Wars is coming out on Blu-Ray in January...can't tell you how I know though".

Know what I mean?
Nothing other then looking like a jackass when you're wrong and people seeing that you're just making shit up. GizmoDVD has been spot on before and I don't see any reason for him to be making up rumors just for fun to fuck with people here. But it still comes down to your own choice whether or not to believe people. I think its cool to get hints on what's coming, but really it's not like we don't get official announcements months before anyway, so it doesn't matter in the end.
Old 06-24-09, 12:38 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

And how many people will actually be paying full list price for these.
not to many, not if they are smart shoppers anyways. heck even just walking into bestbuy you know first week these will be on sale for much lower than the list price.
Originally Posted by jiggyblau
As much as I think it's okay to complain about $40 list prices, I think it's way better than those Warner flagship titles that list for $85. I'll be in for at least Gladiator and Gump, but I do have all three on DVD already.
Old 06-24-09, 01:02 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

All iam going to say is, that while i dont allways agree with gizmo, about what at times (though he may not intend it to come across that way) comes across as gloom in doom on bluray in terms of prices and dates changing.

But When it comes to giving people a heads up about future releases, he does give us some pretty good insight.
And to ask him to reveal his source is just wrong,because then his source would most likely dry up and then there would be no info to share with anyone.

Know what I mean?
Old 06-24-09, 01:06 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Perhaps they delayed it to release, around the time James Camerons first (non documentary) movie since Titantic, Avitar hits theatres in December or next year when Avitar also is released on video. definately let us know when/if you hear anything
I'm a bit surprised Titanic was not announced in the first wave. I'd rather sit through Troll 2 than watch Titanic ever again (well, until the last 30 or so odd minutes were stuff actually happens). It should look very pretty in a Sapphire slip cover though.

And while were on it, Disney has the Platinum and now Diamond line and Paramount has Sapphire. Cute guys, cute.
Old 06-24-09, 01:49 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I have a crystal ball.

Please use it and give me a date for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Next year? Later this year? Some time before I turn 50?
Old 06-24-09, 03:29 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Correct, I won't share any of my sources.
Understood. It should be fairly easy to share your credentials then - vitae, industry references, etc - in front of a neutral party. Let someone else judge whether or not you are or have been part of the industry. Then, if you still feel "attacked" and undeservedly "questioned", you could start "ignoring" people.

Originally Posted by fumanstan
GizmoDVD has been spot on before and I don't see any reason for him to be making up rumors just for fun to fuck with people here.
How sure are you about that?

Pro-B
Old 06-24-09, 04:39 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2,742 Likes on 1,889 Posts

No interest in Braveheart, Gump, Titanic, or Gladiator.

About the only Paramount "sapphire" title I'd be interested in for Blu-ray at this point is Apocalypse Now. And even that's not a given yet.
Old 06-24-09, 06:16 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

Yeah, that shit doesn't fly in VGtalk. No touting your own horn about insider info if you can't cite a link. I'm surprised it's okay in this forum. So I'm kinda with abrg(even if he's being a bit more harsh about it).

There is zero point in posting general cock tease info. Seriously, who or what purpose does the following serve?

But the next wave will really make me really mad. One of my favorite flicks will get the raise
Oooh, great Paramount is working on more films in this line! I thought it would be 3 and out. Oh, and one of them is one of Gizmo's favorite films.

So I think it has more to do with bragging rights than actually providing any concrete info to the forums. Also, with statements so vague, anyone could have a 100% prediction rate.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.