Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Paramount Announces Sapphire Series (BD) -- Braveheart, Gladiator, Forrest Gump

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Paramount Announces Sapphire Series (BD) -- Braveheart, Gladiator, Forrest Gump

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-10, 09:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts
Re: Paramount Announces Sapphire Series (BD) -- Braveheart, Gladiator, Forrest Gump

Originally Posted by Willh51
This is pretty classy of them. Thanks Paramount. I'll definitely be calling this afternoon.
Is the contact info up already?
Old 07-21-10, 10:11 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Re: Paramount Announces Sapphire Series (BD) -- Braveheart, Gladiator, Forrest Gump

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
Per digitalbits, 323-956-3010.
Old 07-21-10, 10:27 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they are gonna be getting a lot of messages!
Old 07-21-10, 11:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Called and left a message. Very cool of them.
Old 07-21-10, 12:20 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
Yeah, the number above takes you into an answering machine, where they specifically mention the Gladiator replacement program. You give them a name and contact number.
Old 07-21-10, 02:13 PM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

so is a corrected version actually going to be released for purchase, or should I just go ahead and buy a copy from Best Buy and go the exchange route?
Old 07-22-10, 08:13 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Giles
so is a corrected version actually going to be released for purchase, or should I just go ahead and buy a copy from Best Buy and go the exchange route?
Yes. Either way, you'll get the good one eventually.

I don't like leaving a message because then the ball is in their court to call you back. I'll wait until its fully active.
Old 07-22-10, 08:32 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Giles
Yes, these will hit stores. I'd guess it'll be soon. It's not confirmed yet how you'll tell it's a new release, but the speculation is the back cover will have some new text added. Maybe it'll say "remastered" or "10th Anniversary" or something like that.
Old 07-22-10, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Tried calling the number but it said the mailbox is full. Go figure.
Old 07-22-10, 08:43 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

The new number is:
1-800-867-5309
Old 07-22-10, 08:52 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Jerk

Last edited by doctorthodt; 07-22-10 at 08:55 AM.
Old 07-22-10, 10:52 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 239 Likes on 175 Posts

Just tried and got the full inbox message also. In addition, that Jenny b**ch hasn't returned my call either on the other number posted.
Old 07-22-10, 03:53 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

This is really classy of Paramount to exchange discs. Even with their non-admission of a problem, just by doing an exchange program is an admission of guilt.
Old 07-31-10, 06:57 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The remastered set will have a Yellow UPC sticker, same as SPR.
Old 08-01-10, 10:34 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Has anybody found the new version in stores yet?
Old 08-01-10, 11:12 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Eric D.
I checked today at Best Buy and all 5 copies were the old versions.
Old 08-02-10, 09:06 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Eric D.
Don't think they've arrived yet, but it should be very soon. Bill Hunt already received a review copy last week.
Old 08-02-10, 09:53 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I suppose it would be too much to hope that Amazon has the new Gladiator BD as a $10 Black Friday deal, as was the case with the old one last year...

Time to start watching for bargains on this.
Old 08-02-10, 07:04 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

You never know. This is technically not being sold as a 'new' Gladiator... just a replacement that will go on quietly without a majority of people being the wiser.
Old 08-03-10, 09:23 AM
DVD Talk Legend

More info on the new set from TDB:

In other news this afternoon, a couple of Bits readers over the weekend have reported to us that they've found the new remastered Gladiator Blu-ray in their local Best Buy stores. Interestingly, there was no yellow UPC, but as I originally reported (and as was the case on my copy), the new disc was missing the words "2-DISC SET" over the Paramount logo on the bottom right of the back of the package. Seeing this, two readers took a chance on it and purchased the disc. Upon getting it home and comparing it to their original copy, sure enough it was the new transfer which blew them away. So just be aware that it's starting to trickle out there.

Looks like these are trickling in.
Old 08-03-10, 09:48 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

For those who have emailed or called Paramount - has ANYONE heard back from them??
Old 08-03-10, 12:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 201 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
More info on the new set from TDB:

In other news this afternoon, a couple of Bits readers over the weekend have reported to us that they've found the new remastered Gladiator Blu-ray in their local Best Buy stores. Interestingly, there was no yellow UPC, but as I originally reported (and as was the case on my copy), the new disc was missing the words "2-DISC SET" over the Paramount logo on the bottom right of the back of the package. Seeing this, two readers took a chance on it and purchased the disc. Upon getting it home and comparing it to their original copy, sure enough it was the new transfer which blew them away. So just be aware that it's starting to trickle out there.

Looks like these are trickling in.
I picked up one of these this morning at BB but haven't opened yet. I had to tear my system apart to save it from possible flooding this morning so I have to reconnect everything before I can make a comparison. Seems liked most of the copies there didn't have the 2-Disc Set text so I'm kind of worried but we'll see.
Old 08-03-10, 01:48 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Just got the phone call, but the guy wouldn’t help me because I’m at work and don’t have everything in front of me. He told me to call once I have both discs and the case in my hands to read some numbers off to him. He was kind of a dick, so I guess I’m kind of happy I can call back and talk to someone else. Anyways, the phone number to call is 888-889-9456. Good luck!
Old 08-03-10, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by trespoochies
For those who have emailed or called Paramount - has ANYONE heard back from them??
They called me this morning and since I did not have the disc with me at work, they told me to call them back and she claimed that the call center was open 24hrs a day... Unlike the other poster, the woman who helped me was very nice.
Old 08-03-10, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Very cool. Just spoke with the representative, who wasn't half bad in the easy-to-deal-with department. Be ready to read off the number on the inner ring of your disc. All you've got to include is the first disc in an envelope, apparently, not the entire Blu-ray casing, and your contact information. Said it should take just a couple of weeks.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.