Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Paramount Announces Sapphire Series (BD) -- Braveheart, Gladiator, Forrest Gump

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Paramount Announces Sapphire Series (BD) -- Braveheart, Gladiator, Forrest Gump

Old 06-24-09, 07:28 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Paramount Announces Sapphire Series (BD) -- Braveheart, Gladiator, Forrest Gump

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin View Post
Oh, and one of them is one of Gizmo's favorite films.
I'm just frightened to death of anything that might be a 'favorite film' of a guy with a Nick Lachey avatar.
Old 06-24-09, 07:39 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Re: Paramount Announces Sapphire Series (BD) -- Braveheart, Gladiator, Forrest Gump

Okay - as this once again becomes another "let make it all about Gizmo" thread as he so loves - I'd like to go back to what this thread is about, which I believe is this new Sapphire series.....

Does anyone think Paramount will actually release Ridley Scott's 1492? I mean like ever?? Maybe not under the coverted world-known Sapphire series, but as it's never hit DVD, I think now would be a good time.
Old 06-24-09, 09:05 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dolphinboy View Post
Please use it and give me a date for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Next year? Later this year? Some time before I turn 50?
Its apparently out in Canada right now though no one can confirm its OAR or Special Features (or even mentioned if they've seen it...kinda of odd).
http://www.amazon.ca/Eternal-Sunshin...5852660&sr=8-1

Good news on it, the film is 1.85:1 so Alliance can't mess it up that much. Brokeback was the same way (had a Canadian and American release the same day). Both Focus Films...and your guaranteed a DTS MA track. Special Features might have been nixed though.

Last edited by Gizmo; 06-24-09 at 09:39 AM.
Old 06-24-09, 09:19 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by Doctorossi View Post
I'm just frightened to death of anything that might be a 'favorite film' of a guy with a Nick Lachey avatar.
Holy crap I thought it was James Roday
Old 06-24-09, 09:30 AM

^ personally I kind of like the Nick Lachey pic
Old 06-24-09, 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by trespoochies View Post
Okay - as this once again becomes another "let make it all about Gizmo" thread as he so loves - I'd like to go back to what this thread is about, which I believe is this new Sapphire series.....

Does anyone think Paramount will actually release Ridley Scott's 1492? I mean like ever?? Maybe not under the coverted world-known Sapphire series, but as it's never hit DVD, I think now would be a good time.

the problem with Scott ever actually sitting down and doing the rumoured 'new' director's cut of 1492 is that the guy keeps on jumping from one film to the next - he'd have to buy time not to actually film a movie. [he's currently doing a new film version of 'Robin Hood' for those not in the know]
Old 06-24-09, 09:38 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Giles View Post
^ personally I kind of like the Nick Lachey pic
If you've seen The Soup (or One Tree Hill) you know who it is and why I have it there replacing Spaghetti Cat. If you know its Nick Lachey and have seen neither...well, I'm sorry
Old 06-24-09, 09:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
If you've seen The Soup (or One Tree Hill) you know who it is and why I have it there replacing Spaghetti Cat. If you know its Nick Lachey and have seen neither...well, I'm sorry
Yeah but you're due for an update - it's been like a month since the Lachey thing!

Maybe you should go with Chicken Tetrazzini next.
Old 06-24-09, 09:43 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by bunkaroo View Post
Yeah but you're do for an update - it's been like a month since the Lachey thing!

Maybe you should go with Chicken Tetrazzini next.
I've been waiting for the perfect one...but just can't find it. The Chicken girl freaks me out too much to see her that often.
Old 06-24-09, 09:44 AM
DVD Talk Legend

the problem with Scott ever actually sitting down and doing the rumoured 'new' director's cut of 1492 is that the guy keeps on jumping from one film to the next - he'd have to buy time not to actually film a movie. [he's currently doing a new film version of 'Robin Hood' for those not in the know]
I agree, yet he made the time to restore and recut Blade Runner. I'm not asking for anything as elaborate as that, but hell just have Paramount do an HD transfer and have him approve it.
Old 06-24-09, 09:52 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by pro-bassoonist View Post
Understood. It should be fairly easy to share your credentials then - vitae, industry references, etc - in front of a neutral party. Let someone else judge whether or not you are or have been part of the industry. Then, if you still feel "attacked" and undeservedly "questioned", you could start "ignoring" people.

How sure are you about that?

Pro-B
I'm not sure of anything I read on an internet forum, it's not worth the effort. Of course, i'm pretty sure i've seen you pull the "can't reveal my source, just trust me" bit before too.

Yeah, that shit doesn't fly in VGtalk. No touting your own horn about insider info if you can't cite a link. I'm surprised it's okay in this forum. So I'm kinda with abrg(even if he's being a bit more harsh about it).

There is zero point in posting general cock tease info. Seriously, who or what purpose does the following serve?

Oooh, great Paramount is working on more films in this line! I thought it would be 3 and out. Oh, and one of them is one of Gizmo's favorite films.

So I think it has more to do with bragging rights than actually providing any concrete info to the forums. Also, with statements so vague, anyone could have a 100% prediction rate.
I agree in this case its stupid to tease with just vague clues and it serves no purpose. But there certainly have been DVD insiders with news that can't reveal their source. Hell, think of the early ads we got where speedy never said where he got them
Old 06-24-09, 09:54 AM

but Spaghetti Cat was equally amusing - I like your humour, Gizmo
Old 06-24-09, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by trespoochies View Post
I agree, yet he made the time to restore and recut Blade Runner. I'm not asking for anything as elaborate as that, but hell just have Paramount do an HD transfer and have him approve it.
he's also due a HD transfer approval for Legend too.

I'm sure Warner's gave a sizeable pay check for his input on the Blade Runner Deluxe Edition
Old 06-24-09, 09:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

but Spaghetti Cat was equally amusing - I like your humour, Gizmo
Thank you! I've seen someone else rockin' the hypnotized dog so I don't want to use that one. Instead, I've opted for the always loved 'Spencer Pratt and his Flesh Colored Beard' avatar for the time being. I was going to take his Twitter picture (yes, I shamelessly follow the tool) but its very creepy. It was that or the Perez Hilton got punched picture
Old 06-24-09, 09:58 AM

well that was quick Gizmo. I'd rather see Perez' mug than wanting to give Spencer a black and blue eye myself.
Old 06-24-09, 10:00 AM
DVD Talk Hero

well that was quick Gizmo. I'd rather see Perez' mug than wanting to give Spencer a black and blue eye myself.
But I like being "the villain". Suits me well I'll leave the Perez Picture for the guy here who has the Sham Wow guy avatar.
Old 06-24-09, 01:43 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
Of course, i'm pretty sure i've seen you pull the "can't reveal my source, just trust me" bit before too.
Source anonymity I can accept and tolerate. Credentials anonymity I cannot. Your vitae and references should be enough to prove how reliable of a source you are.

Pro-B
Old 06-24-09, 01:57 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Gizmo vs. Pro-B
Round One: Fight!
Old 06-24-09, 01:58 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

I, too, won't reveal my source. About that thing... um... whatever it may be. I don't quite know.
Old 06-24-09, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by clappj View Post
Gizmo vs. Pro-B
Round Three Hundred and Thirty Six: Fight!
No, I'll just ignore him. He only comes out of hiding to bait me into discussions (which got him suspended on another forum) and I simply don't care enough to respond back. He can have all the sources he wants (refusing to reveal) but I have to reveal mine. Makes perfect sense. I'll be the bigger person and not respond to him.
Old 06-24-09, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Originally Posted by GenPion View Post
I, too, won't reveal my source. About that thing... um... whatever it may be. I don't quite know.
Come on, you can do better than that. How about this:

December 7th is going to see a pretty solid catalog release, dare I say, one of my favorites? Stay tuned for the announcement.

And when it turns out to be something like Electric Boogaloo 2, you just add spin:

Definitely a childhood favorite and with all the jokes that fly on this board about the title, it's definitely a huge catalog release.

60% of the time, it works every time.
Old 06-24-09, 03:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Come on, you can do better than that. How about this:

December 7th is going to see a pretty solid catalog release, dare I say, one of my favorites? Stay tuned for the announcement.

And when it turns out to be something like Electric Boogaloo 2, you just add spin:

Definitely a childhood favorite and with all the jokes that fly on this board about the title, it's definitely a huge catalog release.

60% of the time, it works every time.
Too bad December 7th is a Monday.

PWNED!!!!!!!!!1111111111
Old 06-24-09, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

No, I'll just ignore him. He only comes out of hiding to bait me into discussions (which got him suspended on another forum) and I simply don't care enough to respond back. He can have all the sources he wants (refusing to reveal) but I have to reveal mine. Makes perfect sense. I'll be the bigger person and not respond to him.

I have not asked that you reveal your sources. You should reveal your credentials if you are going to ignore other posters on this forum (not me) who have been questioning your insider-postings.

This said, I am neither hiding nor baiting you. I only address your insider-postings when they get dangerously misleading. Such as your very recent announcement on another forum that "the Weinsteins are no longer Blu".

You could continue now.

Pro-B
Old 06-24-09, 05:34 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Not everyone needs credentials to have some sort of inside pre-release knowledge about something.
Old 06-24-09, 05:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by fumanstan View Post
Not everyone needs credentials to have some sort of inside pre-release knowledge about something.
He's still going on about that? Thanks for not quoting him. The less of his agenda I read the better.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.