Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Major catalog titles from Disney, Paramount, Fox, Univeral delayed into 2010...

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-09, 11:28 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Since not everyone reads the Announcement thread here...

http://www.thedigitalbits.com/rumormill.html#061809

The following titles have been moved into 2010 (or later, or were already tentatively set for 2010)...

"To Live and Die in L.A. (MGM - Feb), Alien Quadrilogy, more Rogers & Hammerstein musicals (Fox - 2010), The Indiana Jones Trilogy, Chinatown, Flashdance (Paramount - TBA 2010), Ben-Hur, King Kong, Goonies (Warner Bros. - TBD - note that Goonies sees its 25th anniversary in 2010), Toy Story 1 & 2, Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc., Fantasia, Fantasia 2000, Destino, Beauty and the Beast (Disney - TBA 2010), Back to the Future Trilogy (Universal - strongly rumored, as 2010 marks the original film's 25th anniversary)"
Old 06-19-09, 11:38 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Major catalog titles from Disney, Paramount, Fox, Univeral delayed into 2010...

My wallet breathes a sigh of relief. Now I don't have to worry about upgrading so many this year.

So they're only releasing an Indiana Jones "Trilogy"? I like that, being that I already have the 4th one on BD.
Old 06-19-09, 11:53 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Major catalog titles from Disney, Paramount, Fox, Univeral delayed into 2010...

Alien, Indy, Chinatown, BTTF, King Kong, most of the big ones...So basically they were wrong about all those "rumors" in the first place
Old 06-19-09, 11:58 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy crap. That's pretty much everything good. Now I only have to buy Watchmen and I Love You, Man the rest of the year.
Old 06-19-09, 12:06 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by naitram
Alien, Indy, Chinatown, BTTF, King Kong, most of the big ones...So basically they were wrong about all those "rumors" in the first place
Yep. And the excuses come out like the sequels are coming out in 2-3 years or, my favorite, "they were not happy with the transfers and went back to do them again".
Old 06-19-09, 12:12 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Yep. And the excuses come out like the sequels are coming out in 2-3 years or, my favorite, "they were not happy with the transfers and went back to do them again".
What excuses? For the most part, these titles haven't even been announced yet. Point me at an excuse. If you're talking about Jeff and Bill at The Bits, they're not making excuses (not that they could, anyway, not being studio reps)- people have been asking them why they think the titles are being delayed and they're taking their best guesses.

Yes, it sucks that these are being pushed back, and you should have a nice gripe about it, but your hyperbole and straw-man aren't really helping, IMO.
Old 06-19-09, 12:19 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Damn. I'm cool with waiting, but I really wanted King Kong on BD this year.
Old 06-19-09, 12:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Phew... glad they are holding off on some of the bigger sets. Just in the process of buying my first house and need to cut back a little this year until i get everything worked out.
Old 06-19-09, 12:52 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Doctorossi
What excuses? For the most part, these titles haven't even been announced yet. Point me at an excuse. If you're talking about Jeff and Bill at The Bits, they're not making excuses (not that they could, anyway, not being studio reps)- people have been asking them why they think the titles are being delayed and they're taking their best guesses.

Yes, it sucks that these are being pushed back, and you should have a nice gripe about it, but your hyperbole and straw-man aren't really helping, IMO.
Absolutely agreed. Where were the official announcements for the Indiana Jones Trilogy, the Back to the Future Trilogy, King Kong, etc? Vague rumors and inserts saying "Coming Soon"? If there had been a huge press release for, say, the Alien Quadrilogy for a November 2009 release and then it got pushed to November 2010, that would be disappointing and frustrating. But given that these titles were based on some preliminary Q4 plans that usually end up changing anyway, it's disappointing, but hardly an indication that the sky is falling or there's nothing good coming out in 2009.

Now Monsters Inc, if this "delay" is accurate, then that is unfortunate...in that case, it was actually announced for May and now it's supposedly in 2010. That sucks.

But then, even The Digital Bits has been known to be wrong...and while there's a lot of truth in that post, there's also stuff in there that's actively incorrect, so....
Old 06-19-09, 12:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Monsters Inc.? WTF? I was hoping to get this one in the next few months. Way to blow it assholes!
Old 06-19-09, 12:57 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Monsters Inc is strange seeing that it was released in Japan and it looks f'n incredible. Maybe they want to release it with the Monsters vs Aliens movie...
Old 06-19-09, 01:01 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by jiggawhat
Monsters Inc is strange seeing that it was released in Japan and it looks f'n incredible. Maybe they want to release it with the Monsters vs Aliens movie...
You would think you would want to releases those separately since by title they seem similar. I just wish they would put out Monsters Inc. by October but that doesn't appear to be happening.
Old 06-19-09, 01:06 PM
Suspended

Isn't Monsters vs. Aliens a Dreamworks film?
Old 06-19-09, 01:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
Isn't Monsters vs. Aliens a Dreamworks film?
Yeah, but I think what he was saying was releasing it on the same day as a similar genre/product to capitalize on people buying Monsters vs. Aliens.
Old 06-19-09, 01:46 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Yeah, but I think what he was saying was releasing it on the same day as a similar genre/product to capitalize on people buying Monsters vs. Aliens.
Or to prevent same.
Old 06-19-09, 02:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by TheMovieman
Yes thanks.

I don't see any other reason for them to delay unless they want to have it tie to some release or promotion. This looks like it could be a good one.
Old 06-19-09, 02:21 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Well that just f'n sucks.
Old 06-19-09, 02:22 PM
Suspended

Yes thanks.

I don't see any other reason for them to delay unless they want to have it tie to some release or promotion. This looks like it could be a good one.
Everyone's favorite website is correcting Monsters Inc to still be Q4 2009.
Old 06-19-09, 02:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

I think Monsters Inc. being pushed is legit. Think about it, during the Christmas rush, they are going to be pushing Up to the masses. They can put out Monsters, Inc. in the spring with a Toy Story box for next Christmas. Unfortunately that leaves Nemo out in the cold.
Old 06-19-09, 02:30 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,882 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I think Monsters Inc. being pushed is legit. Think about it, during the Christmas rush, they are going to be pushing Up to the masses.
Sure, but they've released a catalog title alongside the day-and-date for the past couple releases. It's a pretty standard strategy for studios in general. I don't know why they'd stop now.
Old 06-19-09, 03:25 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 90 Likes on 70 Posts

Looks like I am probably gonna wait for 2010 to buy a BluRay player. I bought hundreds of DVD's and am definitely limiting my BluRay collection to strictly 'A' movies, and there just isn't enough 'A' titles out, IMO, that justifies me to upgrade. Not until Star Wars, Raiders, Jaws, Back to the Future hit BluRay will I upgrade
Old 06-19-09, 03:32 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
I think Monsters Inc. being pushed is legit. Think about it, during the Christmas rush, they are going to be pushing Up to the masses. They can put out Monsters, Inc. in the spring with a Toy Story box for next Christmas. Unfortunately that leaves Nemo out in the cold.
Forgot about Up. Makes business sense to release it this way but for us who want it right now it definitely sucks.
Old 06-19-09, 04:01 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

Well, I had already assumed that Finding Nemo wasn't coming out this year anyway, so while I'm pissed that my assumptions were correct, it's not as big of a blow as it could have been.
Old 06-19-09, 04:26 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

thats odd my earlier post is not here.
well like i said earlier the op fails to mention that these were never OFFICIALLY ANNOUNCED FOR 2009 in the first place only rumored.
the only one that was announced was monsters inc.

this to me just seems more of the same from a person who is always saying bluray is in trouble, be it cause disney has a certain number of catalog titles or any number of reasons that is given
Old 06-19-09, 04:38 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Have to admit that the delay sucks but, at least the projected date is next year as opposed to a two to three year bump.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.