DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Blu-ray release announcements - Part IV (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/556109-blu-ray-release-announcements-part-iv.html)

Giles 09-15-09 02:17 PM

Re: Blu-ray release announcements - Part IV

Originally Posted by Giles (Post 9699335)
any word on a release of Alan Parker's FAME - I know that a UK release is coming out, I'm just surprised that Warners hasn't decided to release this with the related 2009 version.

well I was wrong (sort of) the rerelease appears only to be DVD and not bluray... has anyone heard any murmurings why WB isn't giving this a proper hidef release - guess I'm gonna order the UK BD.

Fame (1980)

islandclaws 09-15-09 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD (Post 9710313)
Gremlins is coming 10/13....specs coming soon.

I thought Dante said it was coming 2010?

No matter, I'll take it!

WMAangel 09-15-09 04:30 PM

-screwy-
This might be the shortest "from announcement to on the shelf" amount of time I have ever seen for a release yet....really Warner, you wait until less than a month ahead of time to tell us about this? Usually by now aren't the discs already completed and manufactured??

riotinmyskull 09-15-09 04:38 PM

hope we at least get the features from the standard dvd.

Gizmo 09-15-09 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by WMAangel (Post 9711044)
-screwy-
This might be the shortest "from announcement to on the shelf" amount of time I have ever seen for a release yet....really Warner, you wait until less than a month ahead of time to tell us about this? Usually by now aren't the discs already completed and manufactured??

30 days isn't that odd for Warner. They did the same thing with Batman Anthology before they 'officially' announced it.

I'm not sure if the 10/13 date is sticking though. May go to November or December since its a Holiday film.

And it will have all the previous DVD Special Features. Wish they could dig up that Gremlins cartoon pilot.

doctorthodt 09-15-09 04:41 PM

I heard Gremlins was a Canadian import, can anyone confirm or deny?

Gizmo 09-15-09 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by doctorthodt (Post 9711077)
I heard Gremlins was a Canadian import, can anyone confirm or deny?

Yeah, its announced with that date in Canada hence the speculation. But the title has always been Warner (not Newline) so if its coming to Canada on 10/13 it will be coming to America the same day unless they decide to move it a month or two ahead (I'd wager the Canadian version will get moved as well).

Newline and Canada are a totally different story when it comes to releases.

doctorthodt 09-15-09 04:48 PM

Gotcha, thanks for clearing that up.

dsa_shea 09-15-09 09:58 PM

Bruno - November 17th

stingermck 09-16-09 04:43 PM

Im afraid of how much this will cost:

20th Century Fox has scheduled 'The Mel Brooks Collection' for a December 15 Blu-ray release.

The set will include nine films from the comic filmmaker, including: 'Blazing Saddles,' 'High Anxiety,' 'History of the World Part 1,' 'Robin Hood: Men in Tights,' 'Silent Movie,' 'Spaceballs,' 'To Be or Not to Be,' 'Twelve Chairs,' and 'Young Frankenstein.'

http://www.highdefdigest.com/news/sh...r_Blu-ray/3443

Drexl 09-16-09 04:51 PM

Great, another set where the fans that would actually buy it are likely to already own some of them. Hopefully these aren't only available in the boxed set.

But, I'm glad to see History of the World Part I and Men in Tights get released.

JimRochester 09-16-09 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by Drexl (Post 9713228)
Great, another set where the fans that would actually buy it are likely to already own some of them. Hopefully these aren't only available in the boxed set.

But, I'm glad to see History of the World Part I and Men in Tights get released.

Could finally dump my old SD and DVD-r

bunkaroo 09-16-09 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Drexl (Post 9713228)

Yeah no kidding. Besides already having Blazing Saddles, Spaceballs and Young Frankenstein, I recently imported HOTWP1 from Japan. The only one left I'd really like to get is High Anxiety. Here's hoping they get released separately overseas.

shacmasta 09-16-09 06:55 PM

Anyone know why The Score wasn't released on tuesday?

Gizmo 09-16-09 06:58 PM

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4647/71303141.jpg

riotinmyskull 09-16-09 07:02 PM

i'd kill for the US release of gremlins to have that artwork

Gizmo 09-16-09 07:03 PM

Originally Posted by riotinmyskull (Post 9713480)
i'd kill for the US release of gremlins to have that artwork

Same. They'll likely give us that generic one with Gizmo on the cover that appeals towards children. I really like that F13 artwork as well.

HumanMedia 09-18-09 09:30 PM

Dont think these have been mentioned here:

The Beast Stalker (Ching yan) - Oct 27
If You Are The One (Fei Cheng Wu Rao) - Oct 27
Look for a Star (Yau lung hei fung) - Oct 27
Highlander - Season 1 (LegendaryHeroes.com exclusive) - Nov 3
Four Christmases - Nov 24
G-Force (2009) - Dec 15
Chuck - The Complete Second Season - Dec 15
The Hangover - Dec 15
The House of the Devil - Dec 22
Staten Island - Dec 22
The Green Berets (1968) - Jan 5

Source: www.releaselists.com

Adam Tyner 09-18-09 09:32 PM

Ah, nice to see that Chuck has a release date again.

Gizmo 09-18-09 10:41 PM

Wonder if that means Chuck will be coming back to NBC sooner?

SexualPudding 09-19-09 01:56 AM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD (Post 9717937)
Wonder if that means Chuck will be coming back to NBC sooner?

I'm sure it has more to do with them wanting it out in time for Christmas shoppers. I know it will be on my list now. :)

Bluelitespecial 09-19-09 02:09 PM

I can't believe how late in the year it will be for all of these summer movies to be released. The hangover not until December 15th. It should be out earlier.

mdc3000 09-19-09 02:34 PM

I think studios are realizing the 6 month window was better than 3-4... when people haven't JUST seen a movie in the theatre, they're more likely to buy it to see it again... I can't tell you how often lately I've bought a movie and didn't get around to watching it for a month or two since it was still so fresh in my mind, or held off buying for a few months- so this new longer window isn't that bad IMO...

Gizmo 09-19-09 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by Bluelitespecial (Post 9718751)
I can't believe how late in the year it will be for all of these summer movies to be released. The hangover not until December 15th. It should be out earlier.

I think most of it has to do with films that's do really well stay in Theaters longer so releasing them 5-6 months out makes sense. Films that bomb, or do average box office take would come 3-4 months as people who missed it in Theaters are more likely to remember it when they see it out for sale/rent. Other times its better to hold a big release till a time when they can get the most consumer dollars, like a Holiday gift and/or tie-in (i.e. Four Christmases coming out almost a year after its release).

Crap like Halloween 2, which is likely to be out of most Theaters this weekend, should arrive on DVD/BD in time for Halloween and not in December.

HumanMedia 09-21-09 02:46 AM

Ballast - Nov 11
The Mask of Zorro (1998) - Dec 1
Star Trek - Season 3 - Dec 15

Source: releaselists.com