DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Ridley Scott's 'Legend' on HDNet Movies this month (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/555994-ridley-scotts-legend-hdnet-movies-month.html)

Giles 06-01-09 12:02 PM

Ridley Scott's 'Legend' on HDNet Movies this month

I noticed that in this month's listing of movies on HDNet Movies that 'Legend' is having several showings - what's interesting though is that's its not the 114min director's cut but the 89min US cut - ???

has there been any new news if and when the bluray will make it's debut - in my ideal world, I love to see Universal release this as Warner Bros. did with 'Blade Runner' - release this with varying versions:

- the US cut
- International cut - that had scenes exclusive to it's release
- Director's cut

also I thought there was a scene that wasn't in any versions of the film except the tv cut of the film, where Jack and company run into a creature in the cells underneath Darkness' castle.

DWilson 06-01-09 03:39 PM

Re: Ridley Scott's 'Legend' on HDNet Movies this month

I was excited to see "Legend" on HDMovie's schedule , -until I realized it was the theatrical cut. I'd love to see a comprehensive Blu-Ray...

JackBurton 06-01-09 03:46 PM

Originally Posted by DWilson (Post 9478488)
I'd love to see a comprehensive Blu-Ray...

:up:

beebs 06-01-09 04:19 PM

Also on the schedule for the month, Creepshow and Accidental Tourist.

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 06-01-09 05:02 PM

Does the director's cut make the movie good? That was an awful movie to watch when I was a kid. I don't know what was worse though, Legend or the relatives I was visiting that had Johnny Dangerously on VHS and played it multiple times in the week I was there.

islandclaws 06-01-09 05:11 PM

There's a lot of great stuff on tap for HDNet this month. Personally, though I like the extended scenes in Legend, I prefer the theatrical cut because of Tangerine Dream's phenomenal score. In a perfect world, that score would be extended to lay seamlessly over the director's cut. Here's to hoping that these airings will spur Uni to release the definitive BD set, though I largely suspect we'll get a port of the current DVD.

milkdog 06-01-09 06:21 PM

I remember when I used to get HDNet Movies. It seems like only last week. Damn you, TimeWarner! :mad:

JACOB 06-01-09 10:00 PM

I asked Hdnetmovies about the directors cut of legend. they said they tried to get the rights, but were unable to do that.. its only the theatre version.

Jacob

stingermck 06-02-09 07:59 AM

HDNet :(

joefrog91 06-02-09 09:46 AM

My wife loves this movie. I'll have to tell her it's on HDNet this month.

Giles 06-02-09 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by JACOB (Post 9479190)
I asked Hdnetmovies about the directors cut of legend. they said they tried to get the rights, but were unable to do that.. its only the theatre version.

Jacob

that does suck, if and when the bluray gets announced, if both cuts of the film AREN'T in HiDef, someone over at Universal is going to go home with a black and blue eye.