Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Heat: re-release slated for 5/9/17

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Heat: re-release slated for 5/9/17

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-22, 08:55 AM
DVD Talk God

Received 3,636 Likes on 2,609 Posts
Re: Heat: re-release slated for 5/9/17

Originally Posted by E Unit
Didn’t watch those videos, but it’s been reported pretty much everywhere Mann did his usual revision BS with this movie. I’m officially at a point where I’ve stopped chasing after stuff like this by seeking out an older version just because the changes done. Mann revised it yet again which means the studio will fully support it and make all previous versions extinct.
Nothing was revised in this 4K disc. They just took the remastered 4K version that he oversaw in 2017, but transferred it to 4K disc instead.

The Films at Home reviewer suggested for anyone who doesn't already have this on disc, it's probably best just to get the 2017 version cheap as the $25 for this new 4K disc is not really worth it in his opinion.
Old 08-13-22, 02:04 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 723 Likes on 590 Posts
Re: Heat: re-release slated for 5/9/17

I got the 4k Steelbook from Best Buy.com and a tear in the shrinkwrap

Pissed since I just bought it to collect and not open and I got the regular 4k from Amazon to eventually watch some day.