Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Fox titles - Fight Club, Girl Next Door, Wrong Turn, Say Anything... and more!

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Old 05-14-09, 09:40 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts

From Amazon:

Fight Club
The Girl Next Door
High Crimes
Home Alone 2: Lost in New York
Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
Miracle on 34th Street (1994)
Say Anything...
Two Girls and a Guy
Wrong Turn
Wrong Turn 2
Old 05-14-09, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Fox titles - Fight Club, Girl Next Door, Wrong Turn, Say Anything... and more!

Great news! I'm all over Fight Club.

I'll probably pick up The Girl Next Door and Two Girls and a Guy as well.
Old 05-14-09, 09:57 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Re: Fox titles - Fight Club, Girl Next Door, Wrong Turn, Say Anything... and more!

Fight Club for me! Maybe Say Anything but that's a big maybe.
Old 05-14-09, 09:58 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
From Amazon:
And what does Amazon have to say about these? They still don't have a date for "Fight Club." I didn't check the others. Are they just guessing they will be released someday, or did they communicate something more specific to you?
Old 05-14-09, 10:04 PM
Premium Member

Received 423 Likes on 333 Posts

I was about to ask the same thing. Hell, even Star Trek has a link already. But I would love to get Fight Club - as long as it's not bare bones only like the Canadian release.
Old 05-14-09, 10:07 PM
Banned by request

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fight Club, you say? Pre-ordered, say I!
Old 05-14-09, 10:13 PM

releaselists have these all down as around October release. They also have another listed:

12 Monkeys !!!!!! (OK, OK its not Fox - I'll go put it into the other thread.)

Last edited by HumanMedia; 05-14-09 at 10:16 PM.
Old 05-14-09, 10:26 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Fight Club should be a little cheaper. Around $22 + all the features on the DVD and I'm sold.
Old 05-14-09, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 96 Likes on 64 Posts

Was hoping we'd see Fight Club this yr, being the 10yr anni and all. I still have the original release, remember getting it for 17.99 at CC... the crown jewel of my early DVD collection.
Old 05-14-09, 10:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I could definitely go for Fight Club and maybe The Girl Next Door.
Old 05-14-09, 11:05 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 50 Likes on 33 Posts

Hell Yeah!
Count me in for Wrong Turn (one of my absolute favorite horror movies), Girl Next Door and Home Alone 2.
Old 05-14-09, 11:13 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by Mr. Salty View Post
And what does Amazon have to say about these? They still don't have a date for "Fight Club." I didn't check the others. Are they just guessing they will be released someday, or did they communicate something more specific to you?
Amazon leaks announcements early sometimes by putting them up with no dates.
Old 05-15-09, 12:37 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Fight Club and Wrong Turn will be mine whenever they come out...
Old 05-15-09, 01:07 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Very happy to see Home Alone 2 on this list, as the only DVD release of that one is very old and non-anamorphic!
Old 05-15-09, 01:09 AM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD View Post
Amazon leaks announcements early sometimes by putting them up with no dates.
But how do you know when to actually claim that you're confident that they are real or just possibilites?

I think you mentioned a few titles that you expected towards the end of the year, in a post not long ago, because they too were on Amazon with a price.

I can't remember all the titles, but one was the delayed My Best Friend's Wedding and that title is still not even listed in the rumored for (month) over at releaselists.com page.

Oh, another one was Mona Lisa Smile (not interested in it), but it was in the same post about Amazon, but it's also not listed as even a rumored title for any month this year.

Not that both won't be released, but if you're just going off of Amazon, is that really a good way of knowing?
Old 05-15-09, 03:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'd go for Fight Club and Say Anything...
Old 05-15-09, 04:17 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Fight Club, Girl Next Door and Home Alone 2 are mine. I'll consider Wrong Turn 2.

I really hope they got Columbus and Culkin to record another commentary for HA2 as their commentary for the first one was excellent.
Old 05-15-09, 07:22 AM
DVD Talk Legend

The fact that they have added pricing is usually a good indicator they are coming fairly soon. This is not the standard placeholder listing where they show no price.
Old 05-15-09, 07:56 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Originally Posted by dolphinboy View Post
But how do you know when to actually claim that you're confident that they are real or just possibilites?

I think you mentioned a few titles that you expected towards the end of the year, in a post not long ago, because they too were on Amazon with a price.

I can't remember all the titles, but one was the delayed My Best Friend's Wedding and that title is still not even listed in the rumored for (month) over at releaselists.com page.

Oh, another one was Mona Lisa Smile (not interested in it), but it was in the same post about Amazon, but it's also not listed as even a rumored title for any month this year.

Not that both won't be released, but if you're just going off of Amazon, is that really a good way of knowing?
Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema View Post
The fact that they have added pricing is usually a good indicator they are coming fairly soon. This is not the standard placeholder listing where they show no price.
Mr. Cinema nailed it. Its not a place holder lke "Star Wars", "Buffy", etc. If they have prices it means Amazon has been notified its coming and was given a MSRP. When they come...well, that's a different story. Look for possible tie-ins LIKE Wrong Turn could be coming in October for Halloween or tie-in to Dollhouse S1 in July (Eliza D). Some of these are complete shocks to me, but others (like Fight Club and Wrong Turn) have been available overseas.
Old 05-15-09, 10:13 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

FIGHT CLUB!! About time!

Might grab The Girl Next Door (sorely underrated) and/or Say Anything...
Old 05-15-09, 10:17 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 627 Likes on 412 Posts

Wow. I'd pick up almost every single one of those.
Old 05-15-09, 10:33 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I'm so in for Fight Club! Fox better use the plain and simple covers of either the brown paper wrapping or soap for the cover, and not fuglify it with some photoshopped monstrosity ...
Old 05-15-09, 10:49 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 109 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner View Post
Wow. I'd pick up almost every single one of those.
Home Alone 2 and the Miracle on 34th St. remake, really?
Old 05-15-09, 10:57 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

In for Fight Club. Not really interested in the rest enough.
Old 05-15-09, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Home Alone 2 for sure. Maybe the Wrong Turns as well.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.