Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Fox titles - Fight Club, Girl Next Door, Wrong Turn, Say Anything... and more!

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Fox titles - Fight Club, Girl Next Door, Wrong Turn, Say Anything... and more!

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-09, 04:39 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Re: Fox titles - Fight Club, Girl Next Door, Wrong Turn, Say Anything... and more!

I'll nab Say Anything...love me some John Cusack. The '20' thing is really dumb.
Old 08-20-09, 05:44 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Re: Fox titles - Fight Club, Girl Next Door, Wrong Turn, Say Anything... and more!

Originally Posted by trespoochies
Per Digitalbits....looks like we get all (or most) of the extras as the 2 disc Fight Club.
Anyone know what (if anything) is missing?

It would be awesome if Fox did this in a similar package to the old 2-disc set, but I highly doubt that. I hate the get rid of that sweet packaging!
Old 08-20-09, 06:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal

It would be awesome if Fox did this in a similar package to the old 2-disc set, but I highly doubt that. I hate the get rid of that sweet packaging!
I will probably throw out the blu-ray case, give my SD set to someone and just put the Blu Ray in the SD case.
Old 08-20-09, 07:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The Dolby Digital track?

I wish we could get the bandages this time. I was so disappointed when I found out they were fake.
Old 08-20-09, 08:20 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 211 Likes on 178 Posts

All over Say Anything.
Old 08-20-09, 09:03 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RocShemp
I could definitely go for Fight Club and maybe The Girl Next Door.
doh...and here i was excited about the jack ketchum Girl Next Door coming to blu!
Old 08-29-09, 04:12 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just picked up The Girl Next Door. A film that's very close to my heart --- I actually saw it four times during it's theatrical release, i.e. I paid for 80% of the film's final gross.

Not the greatest PQ by all means, especially considering it's a low-budget teen sex comedy. I'm actually surprised by the amount of grain on the transfer.
Old 08-29-09, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 216 Likes on 155 Posts

Yeah, I have the original release (not the collector's edition repackaging), it just has such a cool feel to it. But, out with the old and in with the new I say... now to figure out where to unload the DVD....
Old 09-01-09, 08:39 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts

A couple of new features for Fight Club. From blu-ray.com:

Fight Club Blu-ray Gets New Content

20th Century Fox Home Entertainment has officially announced and detailed the Blu-ray release of 'Fight Club: 10th Anniversary Edition', which as we told you will hit shelves on November 17. It will be presented on a 50GB dual-layer disc, with 2.40:1 1080p AVC video and a 5.1 DTS HD Master Audio soundtrack.

It will include two new interactive featurettes: “A Hit In The Ear: Ren Klyce and the Sound Design of Fight Club ” which allows users to remix four key scenes themselves with the help of sound designer Ren Klyce; and “Insomniac Mode: I Am Jack's Search Index,” giving viewers the ability to access any part of the disc's bonus material via interactive tools. The BD also features behind-the-scenes with Fincher, Pitt and Norton as they accept the Guy Movie Hall of Fame honor for 'Fight Club' at Spike TV's 2009 Guys Choice Awards.

Special features will include:
Four commentaries:
Director David Fincher
Fincher and actors Brad Pitt, Edward Norton and Helena Bonham Carter
Novelist Chuck Palahniuk and screenwriter Jim Uhls
Crew (Alex McDowell, Jeff Cronenweth, Michael Kaplan and Kevin Haug)
Featurettes:
A Hit in the Ear: Ren Klyce and the Sound Design of Fight Club (New)
Welcome to Fight Club
Angel Faces Beating
The Crash
Tyler's Goodbye
Flogging Fight Club (New)
Work: Production; Visual Effects; On Location
Insomniac Mode: I Am Jack's Search Index, Commentary Log, Topic Search (New)
Behind the Scenes Vignettes: Production, Visual Effects, On Location
Edward Norton Interview
Seven Deleted Scenes and Alternate Scenes
Trailer Farm:
Theatrical Teaser
Theatrical Trailer
The Eight Rules of Fight Club
12 TV Spots
Public Service Announcements
Music Video
Five Internet Spots
Promotional Gallery
Art Gallery
Old 09-02-09, 09:45 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Ugh...Amazon didn't stock enough of TGND. :sigh:
Old 09-05-09, 06:56 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Received 1,879 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Originally Posted by abrg923
Ugh...Amazon didn't stock enough of TGND. :sigh:
You're not missing much, unfortunately : http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/39393...next-door-the/
Old 09-05-09, 07:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

So, did they screw up the transfer, or was it just shot that soft?
Old 09-05-09, 08:30 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by Drexl
So, did they screw up the transfer, or was it just shot that soft?
I think the transfer was probably "good enough" back in 2004, but it really doesn't hold up and is in desperate need of being redone.
Old 09-05-09, 09:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
I think the transfer was probably "good enough" back in 2004, but it really doesn't hold up and is in desperate need of being redone.
Makes me wonder if the technology the studios use to make quality masters has really improved that much in the last few/several years or they were just so poorly done back then?
Old 09-06-09, 01:58 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner
The film honestly never looked that good to begin with. The detail could be sharper, but this is a film that has always looked soft and grainy, even in it's original release.
Old 09-09-09, 11:08 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The Bits has a look at the Fight Club art. It's not as good as the brown-paper-bag packaging from the DVD SE but it's special, at least, and it's not the horrible 1-disc DVD art. http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents
Old 09-09-09, 11:32 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by droidguy1119
The Bits has a look at the Fight Club art. It's not as good as the brown-paper-bag packaging from the DVD SE but it's special, at least, and it's not the horrible 1-disc DVD art. http://www.thedigitalbits.com/#mytwocents
i actually really love that
Old 09-10-09, 08:44 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

^^ The Fight Club artwork looks good to me also. Classy - a bit reminiscent of A-ha's "Take on Me" video for me, for some reason - but classy.
Old 09-10-09, 10:32 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I like the Fight Club art. Would have preferred the theatrical one-sheet, but at least they didn't use that horrid VHS cover.
Old 09-10-09, 10:41 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Def digging the Fight Club art. Nice to see Fox didn't go lame on it.
Old 09-10-09, 11:56 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Glad to see some new artwork for Fight Club, definite first day purchase. Now if we could only get se7en out on BD as well.
Old 09-10-09, 12:14 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Fight Club art looks really cool, almost like a T-shirt design.
Old 09-28-09, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 361 Likes on 304 Posts

Did anyone pick up any of the Wrong Turn films?

Are the transfers as bad as I've been reading?
Old 09-28-09, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer/ Admin

Originally Posted by asianxcore
Did anyone pick up any of the Wrong Turn films?
I reviewed both:

Wrong Turn
Wrong Turn 2

Wrong Turn 2 is probably about where it's supposed to be for a gritty, low-budget 16mm shoot for a DTV flick. It doesn't look great, but I could at least tell I was watching a Blu-ray disc. Wrong Turn is in the running for one of the worst looking discs I've reviewed. It's so close to the DVD (which I do own) that I seriously wonder if this is an upconvert. The Blu-ray disc looks marginally better, but I think that says more about the way the DVD was compressed rather than anything about the BD.
Old 09-28-09, 07:39 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm waiting for the box set with all 3 Wrong Turn films in October.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.