Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Warner launches "Red2Blu" trade-in program

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Warner launches "Red2Blu" trade-in program

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-09, 08:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Warner launches "Red2Blu" trade-in program

could anyone post a picture of the Casablanca single BD???
Old 08-07-09, 09:12 AM
DVD Talk Hero

Location: Madison, WI ("77 square miles surrounded by reality")
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by femogan
could anyone post a picture of the Casablanca single BD???
It looks exactly like this French cover except the Academy Award picture is a little bigger and in English and the print is a somewhat smaller and a little darker.

Old 08-09-09, 09:22 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very happy to come back from Eurotrip to see The Matrix and Casablanca waiting for me. I had ruled them out altogether.
Old 08-12-09, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by glitchtastic
I had been trying to get this whole Casablanca fiasco worked out over email because the freebie version is not acceptable to me(never mind that both customer service reps told me I would be receiving a TWO disc version). They finally quit responding to my emails and just shipped the order. Today, a week after they last returned an email, I got the order. I had been explaining that Casablanca is not "free" since I had to give them my HD-DVD cover art. In my package, some smartass stuck a rumpled and torn HD-DVD Casablanca cover art. To top it off, they charged me for the Ultimate Matrix Collection and only sent me the first Matrix movie. I called them about it and they say it'll take a week to get the Ultimate Matrix Collection. And they were totally unapologetic about Casablanca.

Red2blu seemed like a great deal at first but I've learned that you get what you pay for. This whole thing is a gigantic fiasco. I'll probably never buy a Warner movie again.
Just wanted to update this story. I finally got the Ultimate Matrix Collection in the mail, then the next day I received another copy of Casablanca. So now instead of the Ultimate Casablanca I have one free copy of the first Matrix movie and two free one-disc copies of Casablanca. I guess I could sell all of those and put the money toward the Ultimate Casablanca. Sigh. This whole thing has been such a hassle.
Old 08-15-09, 01:24 AM
bub

I ended up disputing the entire red2blu charges with my credit card company. They called looking for clarification of my dispute and once they learned that red2blu asked for and received my HD DVD cover art and not just money, they credited my account for every cent of the red2blu charges.

I have not heard one single word from red2blu ever since they mass mailed out their emails explaining that they were not going to be honoring our orders for Casablanca UCE or Matrix 10th digibook, even though I notified them of what action I would be taking and again afterward asking them to at least get in touch with me about it, nothing.

I'm guessing I will probably hear from them now since they no longer have any of my money.

What started out as a great idea quickly turned sour for me with way too many problems to go into again here. Congrats to all who got all they wanted from the promotion. Luck to the rest of us who got hosed...
Old 08-15-09, 07:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Didn't they honor the promotion? You still got a Casablanca FREE of charge...no $4.95 charge. Yes, they did keep the HD-DVD cover-art, which is a bit of a bummer, but the single disc FREE Blu-Ray is essentially what you had on HD-DVD anyways. As for Matrix, I'm not sure on that. Just seems a bit odd that you would dispute this.
Old 08-15-09, 09:31 AM
bub

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
Didn't they honor the promotion? You still got a Casablanca FREE of charge...no $4.95 charge. Yes, they did keep the HD-DVD cover-art, which is a bit of a bummer, but the single disc FREE Blu-Ray is essentially what you had on HD-DVD anyways. As for Matrix, I'm not sure on that. Just seems a bit odd that you would dispute this.
Odd? How about charging me $7.37 for my "FREE" Casablanca?

Hey, if red2blu was good for you, congrats man. For some of us though, it wasn't so great. For me personally, they have the two titles available for purchase, just not available to honor the terms of the promotion, just doesn't sit well with me. If that is ok with you, then not a problem for me. Why when it is not ok with me, why is that a problem for you? That confuses me...

Also, deciding to stop corresponding with their customers shows a lack of consideration. I'm tired of their bullshit. They ship out copies of titles I ordered to customers who have placed orders after I did, they hold my order up for almost 3 months, they repeatedly tell me to 'hang in there, my order will be fulfilled soon', only to eventually tell me to go jump, they charge me for a FREE Blu Ray, they refuse to respond to my emails, they arbitrarily change the terms of our agreement, they will sell me the two Blu Rays from my order but not fulfill my order. I'm just not going to take it lying down is all.

Have a good one.
Old 08-17-09, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

I wish I had gotten in early enough to get Planet Earth and the Ultimate Casablanca. But all told and months later, I'm very happy with the promotion and wish Universal would follow suit. It's been a trying experience but all in all thanks WB.
Old 08-17-09, 10:14 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by bub
Odd? How about charging me $7.37 for my "FREE" Casablanca?

Hey, if red2blu was good for you, congrats man. For some of us though, it wasn't so great. For me personally, they have the two titles available for purchase, just not available to honor the terms of the promotion, just doesn't sit well with me. If that is ok with you, then not a problem for me. Why when it is not ok with me, why is that a problem for you? That confuses me...

Also, deciding to stop corresponding with their customers shows a lack of consideration. I'm tired of their bullshit. They ship out copies of titles I ordered to customers who have placed orders after I did, they hold my order up for almost 3 months, they repeatedly tell me to 'hang in there, my order will be fulfilled soon', only to eventually tell me to go jump, they charge me for a FREE Blu Ray, they refuse to respond to my emails, they arbitrarily change the terms of our agreement, they will sell me the two Blu Rays from my order but not fulfill my order. I'm just not going to take it lying down is all.

Have a good one.
I will agree that the $7.37 charge is BS for that. I misunderstood that. I assumed it was part of your order. You have a right to bitch about that. They never split my order for me. I was a bit miffed about not getting the UE of Casablanca...but that is because I was going to EBAY it probably. Oh well.
Old 08-17-09, 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by TLwizard
I wish I had gotten in early enough to get Planet Earth and the Ultimate Casablanca. But all told and months later, I'm very happy with the promotion and wish Universal would follow suit. It's been a trying experience but all in all thanks WB.
Planet Earth is available again. I ordered it with a few more and had no issues with THAT order. first order on the otherhand...
Old 08-21-09, 05:36 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Just got all 11 in the mail yesterday. All were fine and sealed. Good stuff. My Ocean's Trilogy was also in perfect shape (whereas my HD-DVD box had some wear when I got it).
Old 08-21-09, 05:53 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 204 Likes on 118 Posts

Originally Posted by Chrisedge on 07-29-2009
And I'm just mailing off my covers today...
And I got them on Wed the 19th, 3 weeks later to the day.

With that I only have 6 HD-DVD's left. I think I will slowly replace them, and lose the XBOX HD addon.

EDITED TO ADD: Looks like Anchorman isn't out on Blu yet...I may have to keep the HD player around for a bit longer...BUT I put the 5 others in my shopping cart at Amazon.

Last edited by Chrisedge; 08-21-09 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-26-09, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Chrisedge
...And I got them on Wed the 19th, 3 weeks later to the day...
That's a lot quicker turn-around than I'd expected. I just mailed mine off today (Constantine, 300, Full Metal Jacket, Blazing Saddles). I hope my luck is as good as yours.
Old 08-26-09, 07:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Damn. They received my covers on 7-15 and I still haven't received anything. I think I will call them today.
Old 08-26-09, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I waited a while to jump on this, and I put my order in on the 17th, shipping my covers out the same day. Got the receipt confirmation of the covers arrival on the 21st, got my shipping notification this morning, and they'll be delivered the 28th according to UPS.

11 day turnaround? WTF?? Haven't most of you had to wait a month?
Old 08-27-09, 12:11 PM

I asked before but don't think I got a clear answer, but is there a way to combine this with any wbshop coupons?
Old 08-27-09, 05:28 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

No.
Old 10-30-09, 12:48 AM

It's been a couple months since the last post, and I had about 20 titles I'd like to trade in. I'm picky about cover art (always looking for the ones in the best shape, avoiding used copies without coverart, etc..), so I hate to part with the HDDVD covers.

I wasnt able to read the entire thread, but I see some people have been having problems. Can anyone provide some information on how the promo is currently going? turnaround time? problems? do they provide S&H and packaging for sending in the covers?
Old 10-30-09, 02:51 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I went back in for a second order of 22 or 23 titles and it took about 3 - 4 weeks.
It was about a month and a half ago that I received the order.
Old 10-31-09, 06:08 PM
bub

Just had my order competed, not by red2blu but by Warner Bros. themselves. red2blu had been stringing me along for two of my titles, Casablanca Ultimate Collector's Edition and Matrix 10th Anniversary Digi-book for almost 6 months now.

I wrote a polite letter to the president of Warner Home Video that was intercepted by one of his assistants who gave me a call. After I explained most everything to her, she offered to 'look into it for me'. I then received an email from her letting me know to expect a package in the mail soon. A couple of days another email from her letting me know she had sent me a package overnight via FedEX.

Yesterday morning, I opened the package and inside I found an apology from Warner Bros. and Casablanca Ultimate Collector's Edition and The Matrix 10th Anniversary Digi-Book and... The Wizard of Oz 70th Anniversary Limited Edition and Clint Eastwood Dirty Harry Ultimate Collector's Edition Blu Rays complimentary of Warner Home Video.

While I understand that the red2blu program went very well for some, maybe even most, of you, for me it was a nightmare from start to end. Missing items, phantom credit card charges, charges for free DVD's, delay after delay after delay keeping my order from being fulfilled for over 5 months, eventually red2blu even told me to stop holding my breath, the order was never going to be fulfilled. Another few minutes to track down the president of Warner Home Video, pen my letter and sort through my extensive DVD collection by studio to pull up the over 200 Warner Bros. titles and include that print out with my letter was all it took to finally put this promotion to bed.

Thank you Warner Bros. for stepping up, the comp. movies are greatly appreciated.

Luck all,
George
Old 11-02-09, 07:16 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I put this off for too long and now I see the Harry Potter suitcase is no longer available. Does anyone know if I can upgrade from my suitcase version to the standard Blu-ray releases? Since I can keep the suitcase on HD DVD, I wouldn't care if the Blu-ray versions were in standard cases. I've searched the thread a little, but can't find an answer to my question.
Old 11-02-09, 08:25 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 79 Likes on 57 Posts

If its not available on the Red2Blu website then it is no longer eligible for the program.
Old 12-06-09, 08:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just a reminder bump for anyone who hasn't bitten yet (like me, who's considering it). The offer expires on Dec. 31st.
Old 12-07-09, 07:49 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Forgot about this, and been wanting to upgrade my Matrix set especially, so I'm about to get in on this.
Old 12-07-09, 11:40 PM
Cool New Member

I'm disappointed they never expanded it to include newer titles released on blu-ray more recently... or re-offered Casablanca.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.