Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Warner launches "Red2Blu" trade-in program

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Warner launches "Red2Blu" trade-in program

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-09, 09:14 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts
Re: Warner launches "Red2Blu" trade-in program

oops, I meant 12 weeks - still way longer than the promised 4-5 weeks.
Old 07-20-09, 09:59 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

How many weeks since the email confirmation that your covers were received?
Old 07-20-09, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
How many weeks since the email confirmation that your covers were received?
If you're talking about those of us who ordered early (placed my order 4/24), we all got email confirmations just over a month later around 5/28. At the time, we pretty much decided that the CS reps were getting tired of the phone calls asking if covers had been received. Of course we knew our covers had been received due to the delivery confirmation on the prepaid labels we used; mine hit their doors on 4/28.
Oh yeah, I'm still waiting for my 15 titles......12 weeks and counting!
Old 07-21-09, 06:24 AM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by pmreed
If you're talking about those of us who ordered early (placed my order 4/24), we all got email confirmations just over a month later around 5/28. At the time, we pretty much decided that the CS reps were getting tired of the phone calls asking if covers had been received. Of course we knew our covers had been received due to the delivery confirmation on the prepaid labels we used; mine hit their doors on 4/28.
Oh yeah, I'm still waiting for my 15 titles......12 weeks and counting!
Right, we know they processed the orders earlier since many people (including my brother) received their titles the 2nd week of May. But it sounds like they finally received Casablanca and are shipping orders, so hopefully this will all be resolved in the new few days.
Old 07-21-09, 07:11 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Whaaaa....they got Casablanca? I wonder what order they are shipping them. Hopefully FIFO, as I sent mine like the 1st or 2nd day of the promotion.
Old 07-21-09, 01:55 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 443 Likes on 310 Posts

Yeah, apparently they're getting them in today or tomorrow - but they told me that it'll be without a shrink-wrap cover, and if that's okay with me - they also said that they won't charge me for it since it took so long, so I'm like, yeah, sure.
Old 07-21-09, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by slop101
Yeah, apparently they're getting them in today or tomorrow.
Finally, some good news. Will be watching my credit card for the charge.
Old 07-21-09, 04:28 PM
bub

Not sealed??? Give it to us for free for our troubles???

Does not sound like red2blu to me, no offense.
Old 07-22-09, 08:10 AM

I must have mailed mine in at the right time, because I sent my Planet Eart cover off a week ago, they got 'em a few days later, and this morning I checked my mail and my Blu-Ray had shipped yesterday and is expected to be delivered tomorrow. It'll probably have SARS on it or something to make up for the convenience.
Old 07-22-09, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by slop101
Yeah, apparently they're getting them in today or tomorrow - but they told me that it'll be without a shrink-wrap cover, and if that's okay with me - they also said that they won't charge me for it since it took so long, so I'm like, yeah, sure.
I called, today, to ask about my order (it was the first time I decided to since I was keeping up to date on backorders, here). They told me that Casablanca was still on backorder, it should be in within the next couple of days, and that they changed my price to zero to make up for taking so long. They didn't say anything about missing shrink-wrap (but I don't care about that as long as the package is in good shape). They said all the other movies in my order were put to the side and ready to go. So hopefully they'll come in, soon. I was hoping to get them in before the new Harry Potter movie came out, since I had the Harry Potter movies on my list. I was wanting to watch all the Blu Rays before I saw the new movie, but oh well. I didn't have time, anyway. Maybe I can go back and watch them when the new movie comes out on Blu Ray. I didn't have the boxset, so I had them separate (in case anyone was wondering about the HP boxset).

Last edited by obidawsn; 07-22-09 at 12:21 PM.
Old 07-22-09, 02:58 PM

Just got an email from R2B with the following info on the Matrix:

Unfortunately, we had hoped to give you the MATRIX 10TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION, but we have run out of stock of these limited edition Blu-ray titles and we do not expect to receive more inventory in time to fulfill your order. We have removed this item from your order.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Accordingly, we will include a complimentary MATRIX Blu-ray disc with your order. As we have rushed to have these new Blu-ray discs prepared and sent to you as an apology, the Blu-ray will not be shrink-wrapped.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies. We will notify you when your order ships. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Weird thing is is that i JUST got them to split the order about 4 days ago. time for call number 12 this week...
Old 07-22-09, 03:02 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Weird.

Dear Robert Lutter,

Thank you for your order from Red2Blu.com and for sending in your cover art.

Unfortunately, we had hoped to give you the CASABLANCA COLLECTORS EDITION, but we have run out of stock of these limited edition Blu-ray titles and we do not expect to receive more inventory in time to fulfill your order. We have removed this item from your order.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Accordingly, we will include a complimentary CASABLANCA Blu-ray disc with your order. As we have rushed to have these new Blu-ray discs prepared and sent to you as an apology, the Blu-ray will not be shrink-wrapped.

Once again, please accept our sincere apologies. We will notify you when your order ships. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Thank you.

Regards,

WBshop.com, the site that brought you Red2Blu [email protected]
1-866-276-6176
Sounds like their sending a regular blu-ray of Casablanca (not the CE) unshrinkwapped.

Which I actually prefer to the gaudy CE to tell ya the truth. Oh well, saves me $10.

EDIT: Hmmmm... after reading the above post I'm puzzled. The Matrix: 10th Anniversary isn't a limited edition, is it? Sounds like a stock form letter. How can they replace THE MATRIX with THE MATRIX if the "10th Anniverary Edition" is the ONLY edition. LOL.

Last edited by RobLutter; 07-22-09 at 03:06 PM.
Old 07-22-09, 03:03 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

Received 217 Likes on 130 Posts

Just got the same email about Casablanca. Looks like they're shipping non-shrink-wrapped discs for stuff that's been on backorder for a long time.
Old 07-22-09, 03:09 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I also got the email about Casablanca. Oh well.
Old 07-22-09, 03:13 PM

I just got an email about both of them. So, are they going to send my Matrix cover back to me? I doubt it.
Old 07-22-09, 03:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by maxfisher
Just got the same email about Casablanca. Looks like they're shipping non-shrink-wrapped discs for stuff that's been on backorder for a long time.
I suspect that's so that customers can't try to return them to a store for credit toward the collector's edition. Seems shady all the way around.
Old 07-22-09, 03:35 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,932 Likes on 1,494 Posts

Yeah, I don't get that Matrix one. Are they going to send the disc only without a case or something? Otherwise, what did they run out of?
Old 07-22-09, 03:38 PM
Suspended

Same email about Casablanca. I wouldn't have bothered with a linear move. I only did Casablanca because it was the Collectors Edition.

Hmmm... what to do.
Old 07-22-09, 03:39 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by fujishig
Yeah, I don't get that Matrix one. Are they going to send the disc only without a case or something? Otherwise, what did they run out of?
Maybe they are going to try to send just a Matrix movie alone and not the rest from the series. Wow, that would really suck.
Old 07-22-09, 03:56 PM
bub

I think this is a load of horseshit. I can buy Matrix 10th Anniversary AND Casablanca Ultimate Collectors Edition, how is it even possible that the studio can't get copies to fulfill our orders yet be able to send those exact same titles to retail outlets for sale???

Their big mistake is taking my cover art for my HD DVD titles, now we have a contract. They can't arbitrarily cancel it, even while throwing me the bone of some free lesser title. I've waited over 12 weeks! Now, they are pulling this crap?

Of course, we are going to get to read the posts where some think this was the best promotion ever, and they are actually glad to be getting lesser titles for free instead of the agreed upon titles for our $5.

What a fiasco and it has been since the beginning!
Old 07-22-09, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by vballboy51
Just got an email from R2B with the following info on the Matrix:

Unfortunately, we had hoped to give you the MATRIX 10TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION, but we have run out of stock of these limited edition Blu-ray titles and we do not expect to receive more inventory in time to fulfill your order. We have removed this item from your order.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. Accordingly, we will include a complimentary MATRIX Blu-ray disc with your order. As we have rushed to have these new Blu-ray discs prepared and sent to you as an apology, the Blu-ray will not be shrink-wrapped.

Weird thing is is that i JUST got them to split the order about 4 days ago. time for call number 12 this week...
This doesn't make any sense, but at least they made the offer. With me they basically said that I would be getting a free Casablanca and no Matrix.
Old 07-22-09, 04:35 PM

While I don't mind getting Casablanca in a standard blu-ray case (I wanted this from the beginning), I'll be very upset if this edition is missing the documentary "Jack L. Warner: The Last Mogul". I don't care about trinkets, but I do want all the disc content.
Old 07-22-09, 04:39 PM

I called them and spoke to them. Apparently my order was switched to the ultimate matrix, which i'm sure was wrong. The poor CSR didn't even know about this, so obviously they have no idea whats going on. I told them if they want to send me a free ultimate matrix i'll take it, but i'm not paying for another version of the matrix on blu when i just got the ultimate matrix.

I don't know if they know what they are doing anymore. more when i hear back from them...
Old 07-22-09, 04:50 PM
Suspended

Yep, I got the email so I called them up and they said that they were going to send me the Casablanca for free when it comes in next week. (we all heard that one before) I had them separate my order and send me everything but Casablanca. They issued me a different order number for Casablanca that they separated, so it is more likely that the order won't be initially cancelled at least.
Old 07-22-09, 05:42 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I got same e-mail about The Matrix and Casablanca. What a shitty thing to do.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.