Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Warner launches "Red2Blu" trade-in program

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Warner launches "Red2Blu" trade-in program

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-09, 02:19 PM
bub

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Warner launches "Red2Blu" trade-in program

Originally Posted by Draven
Why don't you just have them ship the discs they want and wait on the ones that are taking awhile? I did that and received the bulk of my discs within a week, and then Planet Earth a week later. And it only cost me a few more bucks. I wrote them a grand total of three emails, and didn't feel the need to check on the status of my discs every day like some seem to want to do.
I check the status of my order once a week since week 4. I asked to have my order split and was told that nobody got their orders split and it was a fact that it was impossible for them to split an order, even gave me the reasons. This information was from a so called supervisor.

That's one of my gripes, different treatment for different customers.
Old 07-08-09, 02:23 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,655 Likes on 1,032 Posts

Originally Posted by bub
I check the status of my order once a week since week 4. I asked to have my order split and was told that nobody got their orders split and it was a fact that it was impossible for them to split an order, even gave me the reasons. This information was from a so called supervisor.

That's one of my gripes, different treatment for different customers.
Strange. They are the ones that offered to split my order for me. I'd call back until I got someone who would do it.
Old 07-08-09, 03:31 PM
bub

Originally Posted by Draven
Strange. They are the ones that offered to split my order for me. I'd call back until I got someone who would do it.
Yes, it is very strange. I have two orders and one was split, leaving Casablanca, Planet Earth and Matrix 10th (the trifecta), supposedly no extra charge but I won't know for sure until, or if I guess, they actually get around to shipping the rest of that order.

When I pointed out to the supervisor I knew for a fact that other orders were being split, she did everything but call me a liar. I told her the reason I knew for a fact is that they had actually split my other order. There was an awkward silence for a bit and she put me on hold and then came back and said something or other, bottom line I was not getting that order split. Since then, I've had offers to split the order if I was willing to pay additional money, which I assured them I wasn't the least bit interested in as I like to stick to the original agreement.

I still believe that a lot of ill will has been generated by this program even though I acknowledge many are satisfied. It's just been a mess in my opinion.
Old 07-08-09, 06:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got the email saying that my covers were received today, so based on some of the quick turnarounds that I've seen mentioned here lately, I am hoping that they will ship out within the next couple of days.
Old 07-08-09, 10:34 PM

Anyone want to place bets that in a year or so we'll all get letters including us in a class action lawsuit? Someone out there will inevitably sue them for fraud.

So, maybe we'll all end up getting a free Blu-Ray out of this.

I can't tell you how many times I've been offered free stuff from Columbia House, Netflix, etc. because a customer read their fine print better than they did.

Last edited by Perfect Tommy; 07-09-09 at 12:10 AM.
Old 07-09-09, 07:34 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

I've heard reports where WB WAS placing discs aside for people. I haven't heard of one person receiving Casablanca except maybe in the first weeks.
Old 07-09-09, 04:11 PM
bub

I just received an email from a red2blu CSR that states, "...we will split your remaining orders, with no additional shipping charges..."

While I'm happy that this occurred, it is disappointing that if red2blu was willing to do this, why put their customers through so much aggravation unnecessarily?

My two orders are over 8 weeks and 10 weeks old, well outside the 4/5 week guidelines set up in the promotion. It is nice that they finally offered to do something to minimize the delay, but I sent an email a week since week 4 so I still feel a bit aggravated about it.

Just wanted to post some good news as I'm inclined to post bad news as well.

Luck all...
Old 07-09-09, 04:15 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts

good to hear, bub.

It really sucks that anyone who ordered the three 'hot' titles got the ass-end of the promotion.

I hope they ship you your remaining discs soon!
Old 07-09-09, 04:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Finally bit the bullet after initially declining. I just stuck with sets though - Matrix UE, Oceans Trilogy, Planet Earth and both Sopranos sets. Seems like a good deal to me. I can wait however long it takes to get them too.
Old 07-09-09, 06:13 PM
bub

Originally Posted by SomethingMore
good to hear, bub.

It really sucks that anyone who ordered the three 'hot' titles got the ass-end of the promotion.

I hope they ship you your remaining discs soon!
Thanks buddy, appreciate it.
Old 07-09-09, 08:44 PM

My order shipped (Planet Earth and V for Vendetta). I placed the order back in April but waited for PE to come back in stock. They've had the covers since the 29th of June and haven't said anything. Then today I get the shipment notification. I was getting worried about another Planet Earth backorder.

In case anyone was wondering I sent in the UK edition of the BBC Planet Earth and they took it.
Old 07-10-09, 07:50 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Well, it appears WB is releasing Casablanca as a single disc now, I wonder if that is what they are waiting for? Also, I wonder if WB would cancel any orders and just not charge people.....I'm beginning to wonder when I will see my discs.
Old 07-10-09, 08:53 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Since the release for the disc only version of Casablanca comes out in September, it looks like we'll have a long wait. It's already been two months, what's half a year?
Old 07-10-09, 08:54 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Has anyone had any issues with the Harry Potter set causing delays? I know that it was only taken off the site recently, but I am curious to see if that will cause some similar delays as Casablanca and Planet Earth.
Old 07-10-09, 11:21 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
Well, it appears WB is releasing Casablanca as a single disc now, I wonder if that is what they are waiting for? Also, I wonder if WB would cancel any orders and just not charge people.....I'm beginning to wonder when I will see my discs.
As bub has pointed out, they can't just cancel and not charge. You have already provided something to them, so they would need to make the deal "whole" somehow.
Old 07-10-09, 11:30 AM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by Qui Gon Jim
As bub has pointed out, they can't just cancel and not charge. You have already provided something to them, so they would need to make the deal "whole" somehow.
That is kind of what I figured, as I'm sure people would complain. Although, WB can take their sweet time apparently. Maybe I will get my order in September when Casablanca arrives. Although, I have e-mail traffic saying I should get the Ultimate Edition.
Old 07-10-09, 11:33 AM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bad news. Another title just hit "back-order status"

Dear Dan,

Thank you for contacting Red2Blu! Your order still has 2 items on backorder Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone and Casablanca Ultimate Collectors Edition. The order will process as soon as those items are available. I apologize for this inconvenience.If you have any questions or concerns please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Paige
At least I also now have an email stating I will receive the Casablanca Ultimate Edition.
I can now claim bait & switch if given the single disc.

Last edited by dan30oly; 07-10-09 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07-10-09, 11:57 AM

Some of us paid extra for the Casablanca Ultimate Edition. In the end I just want the disc, but I hope they honor their offer.
Old 07-10-09, 12:16 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Originally Posted by dan30oly
Bad news. Another title just hit "back-order status"

At least I also now have an email stating I will receive the Casablanca Ultimate Edition.
I can now claim bait & switch if given the single disc.
Paige e-mailed me also....darn her....give us the bad news. Oh well....
Old 07-10-09, 12:18 PM
Dan
DVD Talk Hero

Received 1,183 Likes on 835 Posts

^
yeah, but I bet she's cute, so it's okay.
Old 07-10-09, 01:12 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SomethingMore
^
yeah, but I bet she's cute, so it's okay.
someone email her and ask for a pic.
Old 07-10-09, 01:45 PM
Political Exile

Received 481 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by dan30oly
someone email her and ask for a pic.
Old 07-10-09, 02:50 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

New response from Chrissy....she sounds hot.

Hello John,

Thank you for your email.

I do apologize for the delay. We are expecting to have the Casablanca disks in stock within 2-4 weeks. We have been experiencing some warehouse delays and thank you for your patience. You will receive a confirmation email once your order has shipped.

If you have any additional questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Chrissy
Old 07-10-09, 03:18 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

They've been saying 2-4 weeks for the past 8 weeks.
Old 07-10-09, 05:00 PM
bub

Originally Posted by DJ_Longfellow
New response from Chrissy....she sounds hot.

Hello John,

Thank you for your email.

I do apologize for the delay. We are expecting to have the Casablanca disks in stock within 2-4 weeks. We have been experiencing some warehouse delays and thank you for your patience. You will receive a confirmation email once your order has shipped.

If you have any additional questions please don't hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Chrissy
Yea, what I hear... blah blah blah blah blah blah blah... I've heard this response plenty from red2blu, and is as canned as it could possibly be. I think it the stock response to virtually any question asked of red2blu.

Well, an update on red2blu offering to ship all the titles that they have available now and the rest later.

What I've feared all along. red2blu has my two orders so screwed up now that there is at least one title which they claim they don't owe me anymore. From my records, I had Matrix 10th on each of my orders, but now red2blu are saying they only owe me one copy. I'm checking the others with a fine tooth comb.

What a disaster! Wait almost 3 months only to find out I'm still not getting all my titles and might not ever get at least one of them.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.