DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Warner launches "Red2Blu" trade-in program (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/553825-warner-launches-red2blu-trade-program.html)

The Monkees 06-25-10 05:17 PM

Re: Warner launches "Red2Blu" trade-in program

I wonder if the DVD 2 Blu is going to expire then too. I just had to call into Red2Blu because I had a problem with my credit card. The lady I spoke too was very very nice and the BD shipped out today.

Patman 06-27-10 12:50 AM

Oh, what the heck, never got around to doing the trade-in, but since the deadline is coming up in a few days, I went ahead and placed an order.

vman69 06-27-10 10:30 PM

Put in my last order. The Sopranos season 6 part 1&2 and V For Vendetta. Had picked up the box sets at Hastings during closeout for $20 for both.

Patman 07-02-10 03:07 PM

It was weird stripping the covers off those HD-DVD titles, they looked so... sad and destitute. Good thing I made color copies of the covers.

120inna55 07-02-10 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Patman (Post 10245052)
It was weird stripping the covers off those HD-DVD titles, they looked so... sad and destitute. Good thing I made color copies of the covers.

I'll bet you most of us did that.

xfilekr 09-12-10 08:44 AM

Program still going? Website is still up- where is the deadline found?

dad1153 09-12-10 01:15 PM

Still working. This weekend is 'free shipping' on all orders (expires at midnight Sunday); got me "The Sopranos Season One" for twenty bucks. :)

WMAangel 09-12-10 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by dad1153 (Post 10366291)
Still working. This weekend is 'free shipping' on all orders (expires at midnight Sunday); got me "The Sopranos Season One" for twenty bucks. :)

I think you are confusing the DVD2BLU website with the RED2BLU site, which was for converting HD DVD titles to BD ones and is the site he is actually asking about....

Just checked the RED2BLU site and there is unfortunately no free shipping on it this weekend (like there is at the DVD2BLU site).....

JimRochester 09-12-10 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by WMAangel (Post 10366837)
I think you are confusing the DVD2BLU website with the RED2BLU site, which was for converting HD DVD titles to BD ones and is the site he is actually asking about....

Just checked the RED2BLU site and there is unfortunately no free shipping on it this weekend (like there is at the DVD2BLU site).....

Got me all excited to jump on that deal. Found out no free shipping.

dad1153 09-12-10 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by WMAangel (Post 10366837)

You're right, my bad. :( Season 1 of "The Sopranos" was never released on HD-DVD though (only Season 6 Parts 1 and 2) so, YAY for me! :)

godzilla rules 09-12-10 11:15 PM

It says that the program ended on June 30th, 2010, but why is the website still up?

JimRochester 09-13-10 03:10 PM

People are still ordering and they are filling orders at least somewhat recently. I haven't really bothered. Even though I'm tempted I still have a good A35 and a spare something in the box in a closet. If the discs go replacements are dirt cheap. When the decks finally go there should be enough supply of used Blu's it shouldn't cost much more.