Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Friday the 13th Part II and III ----> 6/16/09

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Friday the 13th Part II and III ----> 6/16/09

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-09, 12:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Friday the 13th Part II and III ----> 6/16/09

Originally Posted by Mike86
Looking forward to getting these soon. I think I'll collect them up til Jason Lives. The series sorta went downhill after that in my opinion.
Oh man, do I ever agree with that. Part VI: Jason Lives really was (IMO) the last great Friday the 13th. Every Friday that came after part 6 felt it needed some sort of a "way-out-there" gimmick to make it sell. With part 7 it was telekinesis, part 8 was New York, part 9 was body-hopping, part 10 was outer space. Parts 1-6 were about people (mostly teenagers and young adults) getting killed by Pamela Voorhees/Jason Voorhees/Roy Burns in the forests of Camp Crystal Lake. That's it. Simple and effective.
Old 06-30-09, 02:04 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by L Chabert Lover
Oh man, do I ever agree with that. Part VI: Jason Lives really was (IMO) the last great Friday the 13th. Every Friday that came after part 6 felt it needed some sort of a "way-out-there" gimmick to make it sell. With part 7 it was telekinesis, part 8 was New York, part 9 was body-hopping, part 10 was outer space. Parts 1-6 were about people (mostly teenagers and young adults) getting killed by Pamela Voorhees/Jason Voorhees/Roy Burns in the forests of Camp Crystal Lake. That's it. Simple and effective.
The gimmick to Jason Lives is "New Zombie Jason". I personally only like parts 1-4, though five wasn't a bad idea.
Old 06-30-09, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Part 2 looked pretty darn good for Blu, although part 3 looked like crap. Ah well.
Old 06-15-11, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Not sure if it means anything, but there's a listing up for Part IV on Blu-ray.com, but no release date.
Old 06-15-11, 10:47 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

This response from a Blu-ray.com forum member ought to temper your expectations:

Because I submitted it. I haven't heard of a release but, I thought maybe if enough fans added it to their Wishlists then, maybe it would help. I dunno. Plus, I love the franchise.
Why does that site let those numbskulls submit listings for titles that aren't announced?
Old 06-16-11, 12:24 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1,154 Likes on 901 Posts

Dammit I thought this bump was going to be an announcement for additional sequels coming out . I'd really be satisfied if I could just get The Final Chapter but I'd love to get them all.
Old 06-16-11, 09:42 AM

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal
This response from a Blu-ray.com forum member ought to temper your expectations:

Why does that site let those numbskulls submit listings for titles that aren't announced?
that's one of my beefs with that website - their lack of organization and just being able to post what ever they feel like is just bewildering - the DVDTalk moderators do a much better job of filtering out these types of non-topics.
Old 06-16-11, 04:44 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess I should have known better than to give my hopes up when I saw this thread bump... Maybe in several decades the other sequels will get released
Old 06-16-11, 05:56 PM
DVD Talk Legend

The best I think we can hope for is either a megaset with all the films and extras (not likely), or Paramount takes a page from WB and issues them in double features, although that would leave one odd-man out. As much as I'd love to have them all, at the very least we need TFC.
Old 06-16-11, 07:51 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

The best I think we can hope for is either a megaset with all the films and extras (not likely), or Paramount takes a page from WB and issues them in double features, although that would leave one odd-man out. As much as I'd love to have them all, at the very least we need TFC.
Paramount did all the work for these...so they will eventually release them. They planned to release 4,5,6 at the same time as 6,7,8 hit DVD, but it never happened. Maybe Lionsgate can buy the rights...
Old 06-16-11, 08:17 PM
DVD Talk Legend

They'll never license these out. They'll also never give them proper respect. I hope a Fall '11 release is possible, but it seems unlikely. I'd at least like WB to bang out JGTH and Jason X while we're waiting.
Old 06-16-11, 11:03 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by Giles
that's one of my beefs with that website - their lack of organization and just being able to post what ever they feel like is just bewildering - the DVDTalk moderators do a much better job of filtering out these types of non-topics.
I come here for my Blu-ray info, I go to that other site to catalog my Blu-ray collection.
Old 06-17-11, 11:04 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 87 Likes on 55 Posts

I wouldn't doubt it if they just started releasing all of these as double features, including the first 3, so those of us who bought those will have to buy Part 3 & 4 just to get TFC.

I just don't understand their (lack of) logic as to why they wouldn't release movies that they have ready to go.

If they are blaming the lack of Special Edition DVD sales, that is a weak argument considering those were released when Blu-ray was up and running. It's like they are punishing us for not buying something we KNOW were are going to buy again in another format when they are released.
Old 06-21-11, 12:27 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

They'll never license these out. They'll also never give them proper respect. I hope a Fall '11 release is possible, but it seems unlikely. I'd at least like WB to bang out JGTH and Jason X while we're waiting.
I have a feeling we wont see, any future releases till Friday the 13th part II, eventually gets made and released into theatres, though I think they shouldnt call it part II since there is allready a part II but thats another argument lol

And even though the remake made a nice profit at the theatres, platinum dunes has all but folded up in the Horror Dept, so we will probably have to wait for some other production company to come along and reboot the series theatrically yet again.
Old 06-21-11, 11:02 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
And even though the remake made a nice profit at the theatres, platinum dunes has all but folded up in the Horror Dept, so we will probably have to wait for some other production company to come along and reboot the series theatrically yet again.
Fine by me. PD did nothing for horror's biggest icons except completely demystify and ruin them in the eyes of fans. I don't want to see a F13th 2 unless someone else is producing it.
Old 06-21-11, 11:13 AM

Originally Posted by acubfaninmd
I come here for my Blu-ray info, I go to that other site to catalog my Blu-ray collection.
shhh... I do too
Old 06-21-11, 12:23 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Fine by me. PD did nothing for horror's biggest icons except completely demystify and ruin them in the eyes of fans. I don't want to see a F13th 2 unless someone else is producing it.
actually the F13th remake was one of the better ones, as it didnt really remake the original movie so much as it did parts 3-4.
I tend to look at the PD F13th as a sequel to the original F13th, since it picks up right at the end of the original movie.

Iam just glad were never going to be subjected to their planned remake of Alfred Hitchcocks the birds.
will never forget Michael Bay saying "were going to out hitchcock, Hitchcock" thank goodness this is now never seeing the light of day.
Old 06-21-11, 12:33 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours
actually the F13th remake was one of the better ones, as it didnt really remake the original movie so much as it did parts 3-4.
I tend to look at the PD F13th as a sequel to the original F13th, since it picks up right at the end of the original movie.
Agree to disagree. I like some elements of it, but as time goes on it looks more and more like a slick piece of shit. I also resent the fact that the writers essentially turned Jason into the Bob Vila of forest carpentry.
Old 07-18-11, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Legend

From here:
...Long time visitor and Friday the 13th fan Adam Wilson recently caught up with Director, Writer, and Producer Daniel Farrands to ask about the status of the missing Paramount Blu-Rays and a possible new series documentary....Mr. Farrands gave an update on the Blu-Ray releases saying that fans should expect to see them released in 2012. No official date as of yet for the highly sought after discs, but at least we know to look for them next year.
Farrands also said: "I'm also trying to get another retrospective done that is closer in tone to our Never Sleep Again documentary."
Old 07-18-11, 09:42 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts

Let's hope so. a 2-3 year wait is ridiculous. At least give us 4!
Old 07-18-11, 09:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
At least give us 4!
And 6!
Old 07-18-11, 10:31 PM

and 5 - the hidef transfer I saw awhile back was really colourful and impressive IMO
Old 07-18-11, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

I will be happy when the rest of the series finds its way to BD, but I'll be REALLY happy if they do a new documentary like Never Sleep Again. That would a great documentary if they kept it very in depth!
Old 07-19-11, 01:12 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by The Monkees
I will be happy when the rest of the series finds its way to BD, but I'll be REALLY happy if they do a new documentary like Never Sleep Again. That would a great documentary if they kept it very in depth!
Those guys already made one based on this franchise...

Old 07-19-11, 02:06 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

His Name Was Jason is extremely run-of-the-mill and fairly boring in comparison to Never Sleep Again or 25 Years of Terror, which were both excellent. If they fix this with something more like NSA, I'll be thrilled.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.