DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Ghost and the Darkness on blu ray anytime soon? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/552925-ghost-darkness-blu-ray-anytime-soon.html)

Lucas McCain 04-06-09 09:04 AM

Ghost and the Darkness on blu ray anytime soon?

I sure would love to have that! And before anybody slams me for not knowing how to google, I already googled this and searched this forum so maybe someone else will know something. It's an awesome movie!

Rammsteinfan 04-06-09 09:13 AM

Re: Ghost and the Darkness on blu ray anytime soon?

I second the need for this movie on BD. Was waiting for a 16x9 DVD forever and it never seemed to surface. maybe the BD wont be too far off? It is a great film that is underrated.

islandclaws 04-06-09 10:09 AM

I'd love to have it too, but these threads need to stop. If everyone started a thread for a film they want on BD then that's all this forum would be about. There's a general thread around here somewhere where members can list titles they want on BD. If you don't see it on Amazon, and there isn't a thread with a date on this board, then it's not coming soon.

fausti 04-06-09 01:15 PM

Count me in for this one!

Dan1boy 04-06-09 02:46 PM

me too!

wow, haven't seen this for YEARS

Mr. Cinema 04-06-09 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by KillerCannibal (Post 9371341)
I'd love to have it too, but these threads need to stop. If everyone started a thread for a film they want on BD then that's all this forum would be about. There's a general thread around here somewhere where members can list titles they want on BD. If you don't see it on Amazon, and there isn't a thread with a date on this board, then it's not coming soon.

Agreed. Everyone has hundreds and thousands of titles they want on BD. We need a sticky wishlist thread.

islandclaws 04-06-09 06:37 PM

^ Mods, are you hearing this? Can we sticky that wish list thread and be done with this?

E Unit 04-06-09 06:44 PM

I agree - we should have one. So we can put this movie and 1492: Conquest of Paradise at the top.

PerryD 04-06-09 07:48 PM

One of the best surround tracks on DVD, a lossless track would be incredible.

islandclaws 08-28-10 07:00 PM

Where's that face palm smilie?

JohnMatrix 05-23-19 06:02 PM

I want a special edition Blu ray of this so bad. The existing DVD isn't even anamorphic

Why So Blu? 05-23-19 06:35 PM

1. I have the German import. Proper aspect ratio and with DTS lossless. No forced subs either.

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/dvdtalk...7be77b4da7.jpg

I'm region free, so I don't recall if the disc is region B or not.

E Unit 05-23-19 10:40 PM

How’s the PQ? I’m happy with my digital copy of it until it gets a good stateside release with remastered picture on blu or 4K.

Why So Blu? 05-23-19 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by E Unit (Post 13555123)
How’s the PQ? I’m happy with my digital copy of it until it gets a good stateside release with remastered picture on blu or 4K.

Picture is fine. I believe that digital copy is from the same master as that Blu-ray, but with less compression. It's still the best version out there on the market until they remaster it or UHD'd it. It is from an old HD master, not a DVD master like some sites report. The lossless audio is awesome, too.

E Unit 05-23-19 11:29 PM

:thumbsup: Cool, thanks. Hopefully we’ll see a remaster sometime in the future.

PhantomStranger 05-24-19 03:43 PM

I think we haven't gotten it because Val Kilmer's stardom has badly faded in the past 15 years. And Michael Douglas doesn't seem to have much pull on home video unless the movie was successful.

E Unit 05-24-19 04:59 PM

Or that Paramount is slow as hell to remaster anything at all.