DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Any news about any of these titles possibly coming to blu-ray anytime soon? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/552640-any-news-about-any-these-titles-possibly-coming-blu-ray-anytime-soon.html)

Lucas McCain 04-01-09 09:19 AM

Any news about any of these titles possibly coming to blu-ray anytime soon?

Anybody know if any of these will be released anytime soon in blu-ray?

The Ten Commandments (with Charlton Heston)
Ben Hur
Wizard of Oz
Gladiator
Braveheart
Titanic
Van Helsing
Young Guns 2
Jurassic Park
Back to the Future
The rest of the Star Trek (Next Generation) movies

Thanks.

Doctorossi 04-01-09 09:23 AM

Re: Any news about any of these titles possibly coming to blu-ray anytime soon?

Look, everyone! And see the eighth wonder of the world: the man who can post, but who cannot Google!

dx23 04-01-09 10:35 AM

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/search.php

islandclaws 04-01-09 10:43 AM

No, none of them are ever coming out. I just checked.

Overpar 04-01-09 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Doctorossi (Post 9361906)
Look, everyone! And see the eighth wonder of the world: the man who can post, but who cannot Google!

Seems if there were news about this, one would find it at a little place called DVDtalk.com. :sarcasm:

naitram 04-01-09 12:03 PM

I'm disappointed there's no "Star Wars Originals on Blu-ray!" thread this year...AFD just isn't the same without it.

Lucas McCain 04-01-09 01:32 PM

Well I'm glad to see that SARCASM was released today in a Giant Criterion Collection here on DVD talk....

I know I could search but I thought I would ask if anyone knew anything. Probably because in my original search on a few of the titles I found nothing. That's all. Funny Star Wars comment though.

Doctorossi 04-01-09 01:34 PM

Nothin' like snark in high definition!

tylergfoster 04-01-09 03:21 PM

This is actually not true. According to Gizmo, Van Helsing will probably be out before the end of 09. WOO!

dx23 04-01-09 03:34 PM

http://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/549...er-2009-a.html

obidawsn 04-02-09 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Lucas McCain (Post 9362839)
Well I'm glad to see that SARCASM was released today in a Giant Criterion Collection here on DVD talk....

I know I could search but I thought I would ask if anyone knew anything. Probably because in my original search on a few of the titles I found nothing. That's all. Funny Star Wars comment though.

The reason for all the sarcasm is that these kind of threads get started about once a week or so. And they're always asking about the same movies (give or take a few). Since some of the ones you have mentioned (i.e. Wizard of Oz) have been announced, then there is already a thread for them. If there isn't a thread, then there isn't any news. I know it can get frustrating wanting some of these movies on Blu-ray, and you want to ask to see if there's any "talk" or "rumors", but if there is any "news" then it will be posted. So sorry about all the sarcasm and rude remarks from the others. They're just tired of seeing these threads pop up all the time.

Mr. Cinema 04-02-09 01:08 PM

Trust me, if there is any news about an upcoming title that isn't available yet, it will be posted here.

paulstachniak 04-04-09 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Doctorossi (Post 9361906)

i just want to point out that because of this thread and specifically the above post, I stopped my months of lurking and officially joined this forum. good times.

mzupeman2 04-04-09 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by Lucas McCain (Post 9361889)
Anybody know if any of these will be released anytime soon in blu-ray?

The Ten Commandments (with Charlton Heston)
Ben Hur
Wizard of Oz
Gladiator
Braveheart
Titanic
Van Helsing
Young Guns 2
Jurassic Park
Back to the Future
The rest of the Star Trek (Next Generation) movies

Thanks.

Since many are not helpful, it's known that Wizard of Oz is definitely coming, as said Van Helsing may be out later this year, the other Star Trek films don't have a release date but they will be coming eventually after the other set is released, Gladiator and Braveheart are currently rumored for a fall/winter release, and the others I haven't heard anything about.

I would freakin' love to see Jurassic Park on Blu-ray, too.