DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   My Bloody Valentine 3D May 19th (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/550734-my-bloody-valentine-3d-may-19th.html)

TylerDurden_73 02-27-09 02:43 PM

My Bloody Valentine 3D May 19th

Blu-ray.com

Lionsgate Home Entertainment has announced that they will bring the horror remake 'My Bloody Valentine 3D' to Blu-ray on May 19th, day-and-date with the DVD release. The title will include both the 2D and 3D versions of the film and 3D glasses. Technical specs have not been announced at this time, but you can expect 1080p AVC video accompanied by a DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack.

Special features have not been announced at this time.

Edited to add...

Lionsgate Home Entertainment has announced the special features for the upcoming Blu-ray release of 'My Bloody Valentine 3D', which is due to hit store shelves on May 19th, day-and-date with the DVD release. The disc, which will contain both 3D and 2D versions of the film (along with four pairs of 3D glasses) will be presented in 1080p AVC accompanied by a DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack.

Extras for this release include:

Audio commentary
Deep Inside My Bloody Valentine - a behind the scenes look at the making of the film
Sex, Blood and Screams - the make-up FX from the film
Deleted scenes
Gag reel

Gizmo 02-27-09 02:50 PM

Re: My Bloody Valentine 3D May 19th

I'm in. Maybe we'll get lucky and get the original on Blu too.

LickTheABCs 02-27-09 02:52 PM

I'm there like a party in Natalie Portman's vagina.

islandclaws 02-27-09 03:21 PM

Count me in. I wonder how the 3D is going to look? Probably not great.

Fincher Fan 02-27-09 10:49 PM

I would only buy this if the 3D glasses are the Real D ones. If they use the old blue/red method forget it.

steelpotato 02-27-09 11:57 PM

Best forget it then. Those glasses cost over $50 bucks for cinemas.

highclassrob 02-28-09 12:45 AM

No they can't really be that expensive can they? I kept 2 of mine from the last two 3d shows I went to. Do I have $100 in 3d glasses? Can I pawn them :D2:

tylergfoster 02-28-09 12:53 AM

I believe the RealD process requires a certain type of screen, and it's not possible on home video.

steelpotato 02-28-09 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by highclassrob (Post 9296776)
No they can't really be that expensive can they? I kept 2 of mine from the last two 3d shows I went to. Do I have $100 in 3d glasses? Can I pawn them :D2:

Yep, not possible at this stage on home video. Why would you steal them anyway? Pretty hard not to threadcap here.

clckworang 02-28-09 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD (Post 9295935)
I'm in. Maybe we'll get lucky and get the original on Blu too.

That's what I'm hoping as well. I might purchase this one; it really will depend on how people think the 3D looks.

mdc3000 02-28-09 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by steelpotato (Post 9296846)
Yep, not possible at this stage on home video. Why would you steal them anyway? Pretty hard not to threadcap here.

Um, they are not 50 dollars - you're both talking about two different types of glasses... One of you is talking about the expensive fancy ones, the other is talking about the cheap plastic ones they give you when you see these movies now, which are free to keep if you wish.... but those won't be the type for disc because they can't seem to do polarized just right yet.

Supermallet 02-28-09 11:11 AM

IMAX 3D glasses are very costly. Real D glasses are not.

Also, for everyone saying they're going to buy this: Did you actually see the movie? Do you just want it because it's in 3D?

clckworang 02-28-09 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet (Post 9297133)
IMAX 3D glasses are very costly. Real D glasses are not.

Also, for everyone saying they're going to buy this: Did you actually see the movie? Do you just want it because it's in 3D?

I saw it at the theater. If it were 2D only, it would have been a pretty painful experience, but I did have fun watching the 3D. That's why I said I would hold off to hear what the disc looks like. A good sale would be nice, too.

critterdvd 02-28-09 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by clckworang (Post 9297313)
I saw it at the theater. If it were 2D only, it would have been a pretty painful experience, but I did have fun watching the 3D. That's why I said I would hold off to hear what the disc looks like. A good sale would be nice, too.

This is my thoughts. Without the 3D it is a really really standard horror film, and the blue/red thing gives me a headache... so I'll probably skip this release. To bad though, the movie was kinda cool in 3D

Steve Phillips 03-02-09 10:34 AM

[QUOTE=Suprmallet;9297133]IMAX 3D glasses are very costly. Real D glasses are not.

Most IMAX theatres use plastic framed polarized glasses now, very similar to the ones used in Real D venues, except that the polarization is different. It's the Dolby 3D glasses which are realitively expensive; but a much smaller number of digital theaters use that system.

If you see a digital 3-D movie and they give you a sealed package with polarized glasses, you are seeing Real D and the glasses are yours to keep (though they do encourage you to drop them in the recycle bin). This system uses polarized light and a silver screen.

Dolby 3D is a form of anaglyph (but far advanced) and can be shown on regular white screen. The glasses are given to you by an usher and recollected by theater personnel after the screening.

IMAX theaters always seem to collect the polarized glasses also. Are there any IMAX venues still using the large LCD goggles from the 1990s?

Giles 03-02-09 11:00 AM

what no unrated cut of the film??

Steve Phillips 03-02-09 11:09 AM

First they'll sell the R rated version with anaglyphic 3-D; then in a year or two they can double dip for the unrated cut in the new HD shutter glasses format everyone is busy trying to standardize.....

Supermallet 03-02-09 03:36 PM

Steve, I didn't realize Dolby 3D was actually in operation anywhere at this point. I like the idea in principle, but the white screen has to be so pristine and clean that almost any theater that uses Dolby 3D is going to have to replace their screen, anyway, so it's not as much of a money-saving proposition as they'd have you believe. Still, I'd like to see it.

Edison 03-02-09 06:58 PM

I seen MBV3D here in town and it was a Dolby 3D showing, the glasses <A HREF="http://content.zdnet.com/2346-9595_22-168811-6.html" target="_new">(seen here)</A> were heavy plastic, and fairly comfortable. They seemed to be one size fits most, and towards the end of the movie the nose bridge was starting to irritate me. The picture however was stunning, especially the arial scenery shots of the town.

Steve Phillips 03-03-09 10:19 AM

There is one screen in Las Vegas that uses Dolby 3D (The Palms) and about 20 or so that use Real D. I've seen one Dolby screening so far, and while the depth was excellent, I felt that the color was slightly off. I saw the same movie in Real D and in my opinion I think Real D is better. The Real D glasses also seemed more comfortable.

I need to check out another Dolby screening sometime though.

TylerDurden_73 03-03-09 02:33 PM

Edited first post.

DthRdrX 03-03-09 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Steve Phillips (Post 9300093)
First they'll sell the R rated version with anaglyphic 3-D; then in a year or two they can double dip for the unrated cut in the new HD shutter glasses format everyone is busy trying to standardize.....

That's the idea. I'm betting the first titles we'll be seeing released via the new 3D methods will be the more recent movies.

Gizmo 05-18-09 05:48 PM

3D effects are really cool in this film but once again I lasted only 15 minutes before I began to get motion sickness. The film itself...well, I'd give it 2.5 stars to Adam Tyner's 1.5 just because I liked the few subtle throwbacks toward the original and some of the death scenes were pretty neat. The acting though is so over to the top here its hilarious.

The Man with the Golden Doujinshi 05-19-09 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by Steve Phillips (Post 9300093)
the new HD shutter glasses format everyone is busy trying to standardize.....

I know it's late to quote this but that'll be funny if they get it standardized. Hell, Sony can't even get all their BR movies to work right on their own players.

dsa_shea 05-19-09 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Mister Peepers (Post 9453319)
I know it's late to quote this but that'll be funny if they get it standardized. Hell, Sony can't even get all their BR movies to work right on their own players.

I haven't had any problem with any Blu-Ray on my players and we've watched over 400 of them.