DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Problem with Sony BDP-S350 Player (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/550641-problem-sony-bdp-s350-player.html)

The Monkees 02-25-09 11:50 PM

Problem with Sony BDP-S350 Player

Today I put in my copy of Street Fighter BD and it played fine, right after that I put in Zombie Strippers BD and it took a little while to load, I got the loading bar, but then it froze and did nothing. I waited for a while but nothing. Then I couldn't get the disc out or turn off the player. Eventually I did but now the player doesn't play any of my discs BDs or DVDs. The counter will show that it is counting but as if it's playing but no video or audio. I get video from the actual menu from the player but I can't get it to play my DVDs or BDs. I reseted the settings back to the default settings but still nothing. I already contacted Sony about it but I was wondering if anyone here could help as well.

SoSpacey 02-26-09 07:54 AM

Re: Problem with Sony BDP-S350 Player

That doesn't sound like a typical problem or one that anyone on here will be able to solve. I think your best bet is returning it to Sony.

steebo777 02-26-09 08:06 AM

I guess Ryu didn't like Jenna :shrug:

Snowmaker 02-26-09 08:24 AM

No issues with mine yet, so I can't help.

I'm still trying to figure out how the 350 automatically changes the TV input to HDMI when I turn it on, even when my receiver is still OFF and the player goes through it to the TV. :scratch2:

matome 02-26-09 08:31 AM

Some receivers have "passthrough" which allows the HDMI signal to go through with the receiver powered off so you can use TV speakers if you don't need the full surround processing.

Snowmaker 02-26-09 08:34 AM

That's what I figured, but I don't know why it changes my input from Comp (cable box) to HDMI automatically. It doesn't do it when I turn on my regular DVD player or XBOX, and they all go through the same way. Only when I turn on the BR player.

matome 02-26-09 09:23 AM

Do you have a Sony TV as well? I know some player/TV combos can communicate with each other via HDMI for system control. My 550 doesn't change my Samsung DLP input :(, though that's remedied with a universal remote macro.

Snowmaker 02-26-09 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by matome (Post 9292871)
Do you have a Sony TV as well? I know some player/TV combos can communicate with each other via HDMI for system control. My 550 doesn't change my Samsung DLP input :(, though that's remedied with a universal remote macro.

Nope. Samsung LCD.

Jim 02-26-09 10:08 AM

Just out of curiosity, what kind of receiver do you have that apparently allows passthrough? When I got a receiver over a year ago I didn't find any that had that capability.