Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Rumor: New Terminator 2 Release Coming Soon?

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Rumor: New Terminator 2 Release Coming Soon?

Old 05-20-09, 01:50 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Rumor: New Terminator 2 Release Coming Soon?

I have not even seen this release yet. Neither Target or Wal-Mart seem to carry it.

I think I'll just stick with my Ultimate and Extreme DVDs for now.
Old 05-20-09, 02:11 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I got mine at Best Buy, along with the $50 gift card for Sideshow Collectibles. The gift card rattles around inside and it almost sounds like it's a loose disc.
Old 05-20-09, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Blade View Post
He also said he thinks the original blu ray may have had some sharpening done that enhanced detail at the cost of adding some video noise.

I'm torn on this. I have the DVD (2 or 3 of them in fact), so I don't need this if I just want to watch the movie. If they will be coming out with a version with better video quality on the 20th anniversary, I can wait. Then again, I'd really like to get that endo skull!

Maybe I should rent it and see for myself. But I don't have the original blu ray for comparison purposes. Blah.
I'm waiting for the remastered lowry optimized T2. I bought this movie four times already and I'm not about to do it again. I'm waiting for the "T2 Ultimate Final Final We've Thrown Everything in We Promise Edition. "
Old 05-20-09, 03:38 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 107 Likes on 75 Posts

After reading a number of reviews, including Bill Hunt's original thoughts and then revised thoughts on the image quality, the opinions seem to be all over the place. My guess is that softness in the image was in the master, the old releases had artificial sharpening applied and compression artifacts that some people mistook for grain. Based on the information available, this new edition sounds like it is closer to the master than anything we've gotten before and we'll only see true improvement with a new master, which is sure to be more than a year away.

I'm getting this one.
Old 05-20-09, 04:42 PM

I have a problem with the new blu-ray. I put the disc on the ps3, got a black screen for about one minute and I got a Skynet message saying that it can't connect to the internet. So I have to select cancel and it will access the main menu. The ps3 has internet, and I've also tried another blu-ray and it works fine going into the Blu-Live section.

Anybody with the same problem? I can still play the movie and all the extras, but the first load (whatever it tries to load while connecting) won't work.
Old 05-20-09, 05:11 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by danyanez View Post
I have a problem with the new blu-ray. I put the disc on the ps3, got a black screen for about one minute and I got a Skynet message saying that it can't connect to the internet. So I have to select cancel and it will access the main menu. The ps3 has internet, and I've also tried another blu-ray and it works fine going into the Blu-Live section.

Anybody with the same problem? I can still play the movie and all the extras, but the first load (whatever it tries to load while connecting) won't work.
A lot of people are having this problem, myself included. I also got A Bug's Life and that connected with no problem to the internet.
Old 05-20-09, 05:15 PM
Banned by request

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I am having the same problem on my PS3. As far as I can tell the disc is not loading the BD-Live data onto the PS3 system. If you got the BD Data Utility folder in the movie section on the PS3 menu it gives you a list of all the BD titles you've inserted with BD-Live (I've got Walk Hard, X-Men 1/2, the Star Trek films, etc.). Even if you don't access BD-Live the disc still installs this data on the system so you can access it when you'd like. I saw no data for T2. I'm not sure how to correct this.

The image didn't blow me away, but I didn't notice serious DNR the way I did with Star Trek VI. The sound, on the other hand, is unbelievable. I'm recommending the disc based on sound alone, and the fact that it offers all three cuts (and both commentaries, IIRC).

Last edited by Supermallet; 05-20-09 at 05:18 PM.
Old 05-20-09, 05:15 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

I got that Skynet can't connect to the internet message on my PS3 as well.
Old 05-20-09, 06:06 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Picked it up at the low price of $14.45 at Fry's. Weird price but glad I got it. The video quality looks great to me. The audio will blow you away, its pretty loud and clear. Mine wouldnt connect to skynet either but i didnt have the internet plugged in apparently
Old 05-20-09, 07:31 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

I also had that weird "won't connect to the internet" message on my PC and my friends PS3.. no big deal but sure takes long as hell to load up.

Another funny thing I noticed is the insane amount of logos(which you can't fast forward through) that now precedes the movie. Used to just be Carolco, now it looks like a bunch of little companies I've never heard of all have a piece of T2.
Old 05-20-09, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by lamphorn View Post
I also had that weird "won't connect to the internet" message on my PC and my friends PS3.. no big deal but sure takes long as hell to load up.

Another funny thing I noticed is the insane amount of logos(which you can't fast forward through) that now precedes the movie. Used to just be Carolco, now it looks like a bunch of little companies I've never heard of all have a piece of T2.
I don't have too much of an issue with load times, but I agree, it takes FOREVER to get the movie going. This might be the longest loading BD I've ever had.
Old 05-20-09, 08:47 PM

Anyone else not able to connect to the net to see the special features ?
Old 05-20-09, 10:38 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Originally Posted by lovgun7 View Post
Anyone else not able to connect to the net to see the special features ?
According to the DVD's producer they are working some bugs out on the network so we can't access it just yet.
Old 05-20-09, 11:44 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

It was funny yesterday morning when i went to best buy and picked this up, they had about 20 to 30 copies.
when i was back in this morning to get a price match on another bluray, all of the Terminator 2 skynet editions were sold out now.

but they had plenty of the original t2 blurays now priced at 24.99 lol
Old 05-21-09, 12:45 AM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Here's my Sideshow gift card code if anyone wants it.

T2B-T2BLU-3MRMN4O8
Old 05-21-09, 03:57 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

wow really your giving away 50 dollars, perhaps you should take a look at the site, there is some pretty cool stuff you can use that 50 dollars on, and its not just terminator stuff you can use it towards. they have several cool items for under 50 dollars. along with the more high priced items
Originally Posted by Willh51 View Post

T2B-T2BLU-3MRMN4O8
Old 05-21-09, 08:34 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Willh51 View Post

T2B-T2BLU-3MRMN4O8
Well, somebody already used it .. it's now worth $2.01 ...
Old 05-21-09, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by AmityBoatTours View Post
wow really your giving away 50 dollars, perhaps you should take a look at the site, there is some pretty cool stuff you can use that 50 dollars on, and its not just terminator stuff you can use it towards. they have several cool items for under 50 dollars. along with the more high priced items
Haha, yeah that's actually why I stuck it on here. There's some AWESOME stuff but I just don't need to be buying any. Hope someone got something good.
Old 05-21-09, 01:02 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 68 Likes on 56 Posts

I don't plan to use my Sideshow card either: T2-T2BLU-PMERI94X

enjoy
Old 05-21-09, 01:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by lisadoris View Post

enjoy
That code does not appear to be valid when entered. Do these work if ordering from Canada as well? Perhaps a better way of doing this might be to ask for PMs from those interested and PM the codes privately (to avoid lurkers from snatching these codes up).

I would be interested in one, please PM me if your code hasn't been used yet
Old 05-21-09, 03:12 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by lisadoris View Post

enjoy
The code should actually have been T2B-T2BLU-PMERI94X. There should still be 10.01 left if multiple people can use a card. Thanks.
Old 05-21-09, 03:24 PM
DVD Talk Hall of Fame

If anyone has a card they aren't going to use, I'd appreciate it if you PM me
Old 05-21-09, 04:06 PM
Cool New Member

I purchased mine from best buy and love it, but BB decided to put the price sticker on the slip case. I tried taking it off, but stopped once i saw it wasn't coming off.

Kind of upset at that, but for the most part still a good release for somebody who has never owned the Terminator film's on blu.
Old 05-21-09, 05:07 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

I got it from amazon for $20. But given the review I saw I wonder if I should have. We know there will be an Ultimate Blu Ray in 2011 :/
Old 05-21-09, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by alongoria View Post
I purchased mine from best buy and love it, but BB decided to put the price sticker on the slip case. I tried taking it off, but stopped once i saw it wasn't coming off.

Kind of upset at that, but for the most part still a good release for somebody who has never owned the Terminator film's on blu.
Buy some Goo Gone at Wal-Mart. Spray it on the sticker. Wait about 15 minutes, and the sticker will peel off easily.

Search this Thread

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.