DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   DISCONTINUED: "In Bruges" out on 1/27 (Import) (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/547662-discontinued-bruges-out-1-27-import.html)

Daytripper 01-12-09 12:19 PM

DISCONTINUED: "In Bruges" out on 1/27 (Import)

Just saw this coming out on www.blu-ray.com under pre-orders

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=bluray-060-20

But can't find it on http://bluray.liesinc.net/

Does anyone know if it's region free?

Overpar 01-12-09 12:39 PM

re: DISCONTINUED: "In Bruges" out on 1/27 (Import)

It says it is region-free in the editorial description in that Amazon link, plus, if it is the Norwegian release, that is region-free according to blurayregioncodes.com.

Daytripper 01-12-09 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by Overpar (Post 9192394)
It says it is region-free in the editorial description in that Amazon link, plus, if it is the Norwegian release, that is region-free according to blurayregioncodes.com.

Thanks!

Geez, I hope I don't drop this kind of money on this and it'll be released in the U.S. soon after.

PopcornTreeCt 01-12-09 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Daytripper (Post 9193282)
Thanks!

Geez, I hope I don't drop this kind of money on this and it'll be released in the U.S. soon after.

I wouldn't worry about it. I plan on buying this too.

E Unit 01-12-09 07:42 PM

Why the hell is there no domestic release for this? As long as this version is region free, this will be a definite buy for me.

Daytripper 01-12-09 11:04 PM

Originally Posted by trespoochies (Post 9193513)
Why the hell is there no domestic release for this? As long as this version is region free, this will be a definite buy for me.

Yeah, me too. I just had spending the extra coin. But since this is my favorite of 2008....I can't wait for the U.S. release. Here's hoping the pic is better than the SD.

rkndkn 01-13-09 11:47 AM

I wonder if this is the Danish or Norwegian release (both region free). . .in either case, I doubt the cover is in English. (In the case of the import "My Blueberry Nights" BD, Amazon shows the correct cover with the small Japanese writing under the English.) And of course, "In Bruges" has releases in Australia and France coming up. . . Decisions, decisions. . .

PopcornTreeCt 01-13-09 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by rkndkn (Post 9194722)
I wonder if this is the Danish or Norwegian release (both region free). . .in either case, I doubt the cover is in English. (In the case of the import "My Blueberry Nights" BD, Amazon shows the correct cover with the small Japanese writing under the English.) And of course, "In Bruges" has releases in Australia and France coming up. . . Decisions, decisions. . .

I have the Norweigan import of Pulp Fiction and it's in English. Well, not all of it but most of it.

Daytripper 02-02-09 06:45 PM

Has anyone here bought this? Or better yet, received it? Let me just start off by saying I love Amazon.com. Even more? Amazon.co.uk. I've ordered from both with no complaints. Especially the latter. In fact, orders come about the same time (sometimes sooner) without paying any extra shipping fee. That said, I ordered the "In Bruges" BD import from Amazon.com (U.S.), and according to their website it was released on 1/27. It's almost a week later and I still don't have it so I checked the status online. It just says it still hasn't shipped with no more information. When I contacted them about it, I received the following. Which seems outrageous. 7 to 10 weeks or longer!??

"I have checked the item "In Bruges (Blu-ray) " which is listed as "Usually ships in 7 to 10 days" that means it usually takes up to 7 to 10 weeks to receive the item from our suppliers, package the item, and prepare it for shipment. Occasionally, it can take longer."

That said, shouldn't that bit of info be mentioned on their website? In addition to the ""Usually ships in 7 to 10 day"??

tylergfoster 02-02-09 07:02 PM

I felt like I posted this somewhere, but my hope is that what with the Globe win for Farrell and the Oscar nod for McDonagh, Universal is goaded into putting this on BD, with a BD-exclusive commentary with McDonagh and Farrell (or even a couple).

rkndkn 02-02-09 08:52 PM

Daytripper,

Wow, I don't know what to do with my order now. It says 2/2 as the estimated ship date, but it didn't ship. 7 to 10 weeks would be ridiculous.

badlieut 02-03-09 06:50 AM

Originally Posted by Daytripper (Post 9240743)
Has anyone here bought this? Or better yet, received it? Let me just start off by saying I love Amazon.com. Even more? Amazon.co.uk. I've ordered from both with no complaints. Especially the latter. In fact, orders come about the same time (sometimes sooner) without paying any extra shipping fee. That said, I ordered the "In Bruges" BD import from Amazon.com (U.S.), and according to their website it was released on 1/27. It's almost a week later and I still don't have it so I checked the status online. It just says it still hasn't shipped with no more information. When I contacted them about it, I received the following. Which seems outrageous. 7 to 10 weeks or longer!??

"I have checked the item "In Bruges (Blu-ray) " which is listed as "Usually ships in 7 to 10 days" that means it usually takes up to 7 to 10 weeks to receive the item from our suppliers, package the item, and prepare it for shipment. Occasionally, it can take longer."

That said, shouldn't that bit of info be mentioned on their website? In addition to the ""Usually ships in 7 to 10 day"??

I have this import. I ordered it from Axelmusic back in October when it was going to be released Dec 16. It didn't actually ship until mid January and I think I was lucky because there are others who haven't received theirs. For some reason, this blu-ray is in short supply so it's not a shock that Amazon isn't getting theirs as well.

rkndkn 02-03-09 12:44 PM

New estimate on delivery date for "In Bruges" received in e-mail today from Amazon:

Estimated arrival date: 02/24/2009 - 03/05/2009

El Kabong 02-03-09 03:42 PM

I got Death At A Funeral from Amazon, which they said was region-free & NTSC. It turned out to be Region 4 PAL. The insert showed In Bruges from the same company. I had thought about ordering it, but I'm guessing it's also region 4 PAL.

badlieut 02-03-09 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by El Kabong (Post 9242769)
I got Death At A Funeral from Amazon, which they said was region-free & NTSC. It turned out to be Region 4 PAL. The insert showed In Bruges from the same company. I had thought about ordering it, but I'm guessing it's also region 4 PAL.

I have the Nordic In Bruges (which is what Amazon is selling). It is not region locked. Not sure what you mean about PAL. It's HD. PAL/NTSC don't have any meaning unless you are talking extras. The extras on In Bruges play as well.

Bleddyn Williams 02-04-09 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by badlieut (Post 9243313)
I have the Nordic In Bruges (which is what Amazon is selling). It is not region locked. Not sure what you mean about PAL. It's HD. PAL/NTSC don't have any meaning unless you are talking extras. The extras on In Bruges play as well.

Really? You can play all the extras on a US machine?

El Kabong 02-04-09 09:06 AM

Death At A Funeral has a region 4 & PAL symbol on the disc itself, but not anywhere else. I didn't see it until I popped it out of the PS3. When I put in the disc, it plays a company logo, looks like it's starting to load, then exits to the PS3 menu with no error code or anything. Maybe NTSC/PAL have nothing to do with HD/Bluray, but it's on the disc.

Josh Z 02-04-09 11:07 AM

If the disc's menus are 50hz, the PS3 won't read the disc.

Son of Rambow also has this problem. I can get that disc to play the movie on my Panasonic standalone player (the menus and extras don't show up), but the PS3 just refuses it outright.

Daytripper 02-09-09 09:19 AM

For those who ordered this, I have bad news. It ain't happening. Still frustated, I contacted Amazon again and got the following. This item has been DISCONTINUED! (!??)

"I have looked in to our website and see that at this moment this item has been discontinued by the manufacturer and we don't have any further information regarding when this item will be again manufactured."

bunkaroo 02-09-09 10:47 AM

That probably just means "101 Distribution" isn't going to import it for sale to Amazon. I imagine it is still available internationally.

Daytripper 02-09-09 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by bunkaroo (Post 9254289)
That probably just means "101 Distribution" isn't going to import it for sale to Amazon. I imagine it is still available internationally.

But where? I can't find it.

badlieut 02-10-09 07:01 AM

Re: DISCONTINUED: "In Bruges" out on 1/27 (Import)

Originally Posted by Daytripper (Post 9254324)
But where? I can't find it.

http://www.axelmusic.dk/productDetails/5706100595525

This is the one I purchased and the one Amazon was selling.

Daytripper 03-14-09 09:13 PM

O.K., this is maddening. www.blu-ray.com has an import review of this. But when you click on the Amazon link in the review to purchase, you get:

"Looking for something? We're sorry. The Web address you entered is not a functioning page on our site. Go to Amazon.com's Home Page"

And when you go to the main page and type in "In Bruges" Blu-Ray, you get:

"This item has been discontinued by the manufacturer."

What.....the......fuck!?? Where the hell can you purchase this BD? This is ridiculous.

mrowley 03-14-09 09:50 PM

You could try here:

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/Produ...RUGES-(BLU-RAY)

They state not in stock. But in my experience they will get it in
once you place your order.

or here:
http://www.marbecks.co.nz/detail/ind...talogID=475488

It is available in retail stores in Australia and New Zealand.

Daytripper 03-14-09 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by mrowley (Post 9326915)
You could try here:

http://www.jbhifionline.com.au/Produ...RUGES-(BLU-RAY)

They state not in stock. But in my experience they will get it in
once you place your order.

or here:
http://www.marbecks.co.nz/detail/ind...talogID=475488

It is available in retail stores in Australia and New Zealand.

The Australia and New Zealand region is locked. I found it on Amazon.fr. I paid several bucks more than I wanted to, but at least it's region free. And who knows when it'll be released in the U.S. Or even the U.K. for that matter.