DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Bonusview question (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/544687-bonusview-question.html)

Duality 11-29-08 10:16 PM

Bonusview question

I have a Samsung Blu-ray player and I can't get the word "Bonusview" to disappear when I'm viewing a movie. Sorry if this is an "old" question, I'm just getting started with HD. Thanks.

gcribbs 11-29-08 10:40 PM

I looked online since I do not own this player and saw this

Start up the player and remove the disc.

Press MENU > DISPLAY SETUP > Turn "Screen Messages" OFF.

You can also try hitting the Info Button and then the Menu Button if the disc is playing.

I hope one of them helps you.

Gizmo 11-29-08 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by gcribbs (Post 9101393)
I looked online since I do not own this player and saw this

Start up the player and remove the disc.

Press MENU > DISPLAY SETUP > Turn "Screen Messages" OFF.

You can also try hitting the Info Button and then the Menu Button if the disc is playing.

I hope one of them helps you.

Yep. My sister had the same issue with The Incredible Hulk on the 1500 and doing that fixed it. She watched the entire film with BONUSVIEW plastered over the film. Why the hell would Samsung turn this feature ON out of the box?

gcribbs 11-30-08 02:16 AM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD (Post 9101449)
Yep. My sister had the same issue with The Incredible Hulk on the 1500 and doing that fixed it. She watched the entire film with BONUSVIEW plastered over the film. Why the hell would Samsung turn this feature ON out of the box?

No idea. Maybe they just never noticed it in the minutes they spent Qcing it :)

DVD Polizei 11-30-08 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD (Post 9101449)

Because they're idiots.

But it does help to RTFM, too. :D

Trevor 11-30-08 06:33 AM

^ But if people RTFM or did a forum/Google search first, this forum would be a quarter of the size it is.

Gizmo 11-30-08 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by DVD Polizei (Post 9101710)
Because they're idiots.

But it does help to RTFM, too. :D

True, but Ive never met anyone who gets home a shiny new toy only to sit down and read the manual cover to cover.

gcribbs 11-30-08 09:19 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD (Post 9101919)
True, but Ive never met anyone who gets home a shiny new toy only to sit down and read the manual cover to cover.

Especially us guys. I know I open it up and hook it up first then glance at the manual if anything goes wrong.

I guess I assume all electronic manuals are part of my DNA :D

fumanstan 11-30-08 09:35 PM

Yeah, I've read the same problem over on the AVS forum thread about this player and had the same problem with mine for Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

Duality 12-01-08 12:35 PM

Problem solved -- thanks guys.