Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Woot sale - Memorex Blu Ray Player $139.99 plus $5 shipping

HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Woot sale - Memorex Blu Ray Player $139.99 plus $5 shipping

Old 11-17-08, 12:18 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Memorex MVBD2510"C" Blu Ray Player (from Woot sale $139.99)

I posted this in the bargains section, but it may be more useful here....For those interested....it beats waiting in line on Black Friday. Be aware it's 1.1 Profile, so no BD Live. Seems like a good player if you need one for a second room.

http://www.woot.com/

condition: New
product: 1 Memorex MVBD2510 Blu-Ray DVD Player

Features:

■Progressive scan Blu-ray Disc player with 1080p capability for HD video
■Full HD 1080p, DVD up-conversion up to 1080p (480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p)
■Support for uncompressed multi-channel Linear PCM that can output 8 channel audio with help from the HDMI cable and a compatible AV amplifier
■Multi-channel audio content supports more advanced Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD
■24p True Cinema mode; Movies shot on a film camera consist of 24 frames per second. Since conventional televisions (both CRT and flat panels) display frames at either 1/60 or 1/50 second intervals, the 24 frames do not appear at an even pace. When connected to a TV with 24p capabilities, the player displays each frame at 1/24 second intervals.
■HDMI digital interface can output both SD to HD video and multi-channel audio signals, in digital form without degradation
■HDMI specification supports HDCP, a copy protection technology that incorporates coding technology for digital video signals
■Increased capacity of a Blu-ray Disc means that a greater amount of data can be easily stored and delivered.
■Utilizing a shorter-wavelength blue laser, the Blu-ray Disc offers a massive storage capacity of 25GB on a single-layer disc and 50GB on a double-layer disc (5x the amount of current DVDs)
■Offers uncompromising HD quality video, enables rich bonus content on a single disc and HD quality audio up to 8 channels
■Library function for JPEG, MP3, and WMV9 files; files stored on a DATA-DVD or DATA-CD can be organized in a list browser on the player for easy sorting, searching, and playback
Specifications:

■Playable Media: BD-ROM, DVD-ROM, DVD, DVD-R/ -RW, DVD+R/+RW, DVD-R DL, DVD+R DL, CD-ROM, CD, CD-R/-RW
■Playable Format: Blu-ray Disc (AV format), DVD-Video, MPEG-2, MPEG-4 AVC (H.264), VC-1, JPEG
■Bonus View 1.1 allows for special functions like "Picture in Picture" viewing for enjoying special content, including director's commentary, during movie viewing

■16:9 / 4:3 picture select
■Selectable 24p and 60p video output modes
■On-screen graphical user interface
■Slow motion function (2x, 4x, 8x)
■RW/FF play function (2x, 4x, 8x, 16x)
■VFD display
■Dimensions (LxWxH): 13.5” × 17” x 3”
Connectivity:

■HDMI v1.3 digital output
■Component video output
■S-video output
■Composite video output
■Optical audio output
■Analog 5.1 channel audio output
■USB 2.0 Port
In the box:

■Memorex Blu-Ray Player
■Remote Control
■Users Guide
■Power Cable

Last edited by E Unit; 11-20-08 at 09:19 PM.
Old 11-17-08, 09:55 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 383 Likes on 244 Posts

$144.99 shipped

Like all Woot items, this is a one-day sale and the price is only good while they have supplies left. As of right now, the "I Want One!" button isn't bouncing, so their stock is not yet down to 10%.
Old 11-20-08, 09:35 PM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
Some quick observations

So I just got my Memorex BD player from the woot sale. Thought I'd give some quick thoughts. Keep in mind this is NOT 2.0, only 1.1 (PiP capability). I decided to settle for 1.1 because this was going to be for the bedroom and know I don't plan on doing any online stuff. If something is worth watching that BD Live has to offer, I'll watch it on my big screen in the living room. And for the price I got this player for, well, it was a smaller gamble - but well worth it.

Overall, it's a damn fine player right out of the box.

There was also this flyer on top of the instructions regarding the firmware.

For those interested in the outputs - it does have analog 5.1 out.

After plugging in, you get a nice standard display. Nothing fancy, but it does the job.

A couple of onscreen menu shots: front screen and a menu shot. I did notice one of the aspect ratios is 1080p24f

Oh, and how does it play? I loaded up Tropic Thunder, then Hellboy 2. Both took about 20 seconds or so, about as long as the PS3. So overall, this will do just fine. And it'll keep my ass out of black Friday lines hunting for one.