Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Batman: 20th Anniversary Edition 2-Disc Digibook 3/31/09

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-08, 04:16 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

From DVDReview.com

Warner celebrates the 20th Anniversary of Tim Burton’s Batman

We just got word that Warner Home Video is preparing a 20th Anniversary Edition of Tim Burton’s Batman on Blu-Ray Disc for release in March.
Jack Nicholson is the Joker, who emerged from a horrible accident as a maniacal criminal. Michael Keaton is the Caped Crusader, who emerged from a childhood trauma to become a masked crimefighter. Kim Basinger is Vicki Vale, the talented photojournalist desired by both men. And Batman is the movie, the all-out spectacular directed by Tim Burton, set to songs by Prince and a music score by Danny Elfman, and an Academy AwardO winner* for Best Art Direction/Set Decoration (Anton Furst and Peter Young).
No exact details or specs have been announced yet, but the release will comes as a 2-disc Digibook version, containing a BD-25 disc for the movie and a separate DVD for the bonus materials.
The release date for “Batman” is tentatively scheduled for March 31, but we’ll keep you informed on any new developments of announcements we’ll hear of.

My hope is we get nice cover art (Not what we were handed for the BOX set a few years back. Very Boring and the fonts BAD.)
Old 11-12-08, 04:17 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Has it already been 20 years? Yikes. Not sure if I'll get this though. I bought the SE DVD in 2005 and still haven't gotten around to watching it.
Old 11-12-08, 04:21 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
I'm glad this is getting released...but its a BD25 and the second disc is a normal DVD? I guess that means al lfeatures will be in SD.
Old 11-12-08, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
From DVDReview.com

Warner celebrates the 20th Anniversary of Tim Burton’s Batman

We just got word that Warner Home Video is preparing a 20th Anniversary Edition of Tim Burton’s Batman on Blu-Ray Disc for release in March.
Jack Nicholson is the Joker, who emerged from a horrible accident as a maniacal criminal. Michael Keaton is the Caped Crusader, who emerged from a childhood trauma to become a masked crimefighter. Kim Basinger is Vicki Vale, the talented photojournalist desired by both men. And Batman is the movie, the all-out spectacular directed by Tim Burton, set to songs by Prince and a music score by Danny Elfman, and an Academy AwardO winner* for Best Art Direction/Set Decoration (Anton Furst and Peter Young).
No exact details or specs have been announced yet, but the release will comes as a 2-disc Digibook version, containing a BD-25 disc for the movie and a separate DVD for the bonus materials.
The release date for “Batman” is tentatively scheduled for March 31, but we’ll keep you informed on any new developments of announcements we’ll hear of.

My hope is we get nice cover art (Not what we were handed for the BOX set a few years back. Very Boring and the fonts BAD.)
A whole BD25 all to itself??!! With state of the art DD 5.1, too, no doubt . . .

I'll keep my DVD boxset.
Old 11-12-08, 04:34 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Maybe they're planning on recycling the second disc from the two-disc edition. But it goes without saying ...

No HD Audio, No Sale. The track on the standard-definition disc is very good as-is, along with the image.
Old 11-12-08, 04:38 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster
Maybe they're planning on recycling the second disc from the two-disc edition. But it goes without saying ...

No HD Audio, No Sale. The track on the standard-definition disc is very good as-is, along with the image.
I'm sure thats exactly what they plan on doing (like they did with Blade Runner for example). Shame.
Old 11-12-08, 04:47 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
Well outside of the logo, the cover art is just the bat symbol which is perfect as far as i'm concerned. The font does suck though.
Old 11-12-08, 04:54 PM
Banned by request

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
All I want is Batman Returns on Blu-ray.
Old 11-12-08, 05:10 PM

Originally Posted by Suprmallet
All I want is Batman Returns on Blu-ray.
I was thinking the same thing. As much as I like the first Batman, the chance to see Michelle Pfeiffer in Hi Def is too much to pass up.
Old 11-12-08, 05:36 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

This is already 20 years old? Fuck.

Will buy once more info comes in.
Old 11-12-08, 07:15 PM

I don't understand you guys. It's quite clear that any newly announced Warner title is going to have HD audio. The only reason any were still coming out without it is because production on them was finalized before Warner decided to go all HD audio. I'm not sure what the last Warner movie title without HD audio was, but I doubt there are many or even any more left, and once they all come out then we're left with HD on ever release.
Old 11-12-08, 07:20 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Frozenhamster
I don't understand you guys. It's quite clear that any newly announced Warner title is going to have HD audio. The only reason any were still coming out without it is because production on them was finalized before Warner decided to go all HD audio. I'm not sure what the last Warner movie title without HD audio was, but I doubt there are many or even any more left, and once they all come out then we're left with HD on ever release.
Are you sure? I mean, even recent titles like Journey to the Center of the Earth and Get Smart lacked HD audio.

As long as this has HD audio this Blu-ray will be mine. I hope they release Batman Returns at the same time too (and also as a Digibook). Then I will own all the Batman films in High Definition that I need.

Last edited by GenPion; 11-12-08 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-12-08, 08:06 PM
Banned

From thedigitalbits.com:

First, remember our Rumor Mill post about the older Batman films coming to Blu-ray Disc? Well, not only are they officially announced for Japanese release in February '09, they hit stores next month (12/29) in the U.K., and they're set for release in Australia in January. (Thanks to all you readers who sent links.) So they're coming soon here in the States too, rest assured. Watch for announcements in the next few weeks. We posted the official art in The Rumor Mill the other day too, but here it is again (along with the BD art for Fox's Babylon A.D., due on 1/6)...

Old 11-12-08, 08:14 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Frozenhamster
Get Smart, which came out last week, does not include HD Audio.
Old 11-12-08, 08:24 PM
Banned by request

Now that I think about it, I'll probably also get Batman Forever. I like that cover a lot better than the one they had in the DVD box set as well.
Old 11-12-08, 08:26 PM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts
Now that I think about it, I'll probably also get Batman Forever. I like that cover a lot better than the one they had in the DVD box set as well.
Yeah, the other regions DVD set had all of those cool covers with the different logos. The ones here were lame, outside of the original as far as i'm concerned
Old 11-12-08, 08:55 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

What does it matter if THIS particular film has HD audio? The 5.1 track (Dolby and DTS) aren't all that great considering it's just a remix, and not much of one. I don't get why that would be the dealbreaker, again specifically with this film.

Returns and Forever?

Sure, I mean the audio for those films is fantastic so I'd understand the complaint for those two.
Old 11-12-08, 09:07 PM
Banned by request

The complaint is that all Blu-ray titles should have HD audio, period.
Old 11-12-08, 09:10 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by Nick Martin
What does it matter if THIS particular film has HD audio? The 5.1 track (Dolby and DTS) aren't all that great considering it's just a remix, and not much of one. I don't get why that would be the dealbreaker, again specifically with this film.

Returns and Forever?

Sure, I mean the audio for those films is fantastic so I'd understand the complaint for those two.
Because if they can't even bother giving us at least an uncompressed audio track then why the hell should we throw more money at WB for titles we have already purchased at least once. A 25 gb Blu-Ray with all of the extras on a DVD doesn't sound too appealling to me and will be even less with a lossy audio track.
Old 11-12-08, 09:16 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The complaint is that all Blu-ray titles should have HD audio, period.

I hope Blu-ray doesn't keep the same trend as DVDs did...

First we had crappy expensive releases...then we got super duper inexpensive editions with booklets...then we got special editions without inserts for $7-$10 more money or you can buy the "bare bones" edition for the same price you used to pay for the special edition...and now DVDs are still expensive and picture quality is purposely degraded to make the next format look even better.

I hope Blu-ray's golden era hasn't already passed us by.
Old 11-12-08, 09:55 PM
DVD Talk Limited Edition

Received 23 Likes on 18 Posts
I'm in for Batman and Batman Forever.
Old 11-12-08, 10:01 PM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Well - and I acknowledge that only a few will care - I hope that they include Prince's "full version" of his PARTYMAN video. The one on the last set was edited.
Old 11-12-08, 10:37 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

I'm a sucker for Batman, these will be mine... yes, even B&R
Old 11-12-08, 10:46 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Sweet covers! Both Batman and Batman Returns should be awesome in HD. I only ever had the old snapper case editions for the films so hopefully the upgrade will be well worth it. In fact, since I already sold those editions back when I planned on getting the two disc editions, this should work out nicely for me. Batman Forever used to be a fun flick IMHO but the more I've seen it the more it's lost my interest. And now with a more definitive incarnation of Two Face in The Dark Knight I don't really know if I'll miss Batman Forever at all. Batman and Robin can best be left forgotten altogether.
Old 11-12-08, 11:38 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Batman and Batman Returns for me.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.