DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Fox announces new titles for Qtr 1 (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/542700-fox-announces-new-titles-qtr-1-a.html)

Gizmo 03-08-12 10:06 AM

Re: Fox announces new titles for Qtr 1

Originally Posted by trespoochies (Post 11144353)
Catalog titles already released I assume. I'm just glad Best Buy isn't charging retail on these right now.

Yeah, but this is a re-release of a title that was heavily panned (like Gangs of NY). Why the studios don't even do pressers on this stuff is just weird.

Solid Snake 03-08-12 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by RocShemp (Post 11144220)
It's about time The French Connection was fixed. :up:

oh fuck yes. I can finally own TFC on BD now. W/ a corrected transfer! Oh joy!

clckworang 03-08-12 12:05 PM

I am SO happy that French Connection was fixed! It's a favorite of mine, and it was hard for me to fathom only ever having the DVD to watch. Wall Street also getting remastered is a nice bonus. I avoided that one as well because I heard negative reviews about the image quality.

Adam Tyner 03-08-12 12:15 PM

It was kind of a hassle to find in my store (which got 2 copies), but now I'm a proud owner of a worthwhile copy of The French Connection too.

MTRodaba2468 03-08-12 12:24 PM

Sold.

Mr. Cinema 03-08-12 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Adam Tyner (Post 11144649)
It was kind of a hassle to find in my store (which got 2 copies), but now I'm a proud owner of a worthwhile copy of The French Connection too.

Same here. They had the other 3 Fox exclusives out, but not French. Took 3 people to find both copies in the back, but I'm glad I have a copy.

This will ring up $14.99 even though the shelf tag might say $24.99.

bunkaroo 03-08-12 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by trespoochies (Post 11144320)
For those interested in Wall Street.

"All 4 titles are part of a new "Filmmakers Signature Series" Fox appears to be starting, and Wall Street and The French Connection have actually received remastered discs - as opposed to the normal double-dip style where it's the same old disc in a new package."

http://www.examiner.com/film-in-pitt...connection-bds

Well I picked up Wall Street today and it doesn't look much better to me. Comparing the two discs showed a negligible increase in brightness and slightly less noise in the new disc. I wouldnt say there's much difference in colors either. Not worth the upgrade IMO.

E Unit 03-08-12 06:32 PM

Wow that sucks. Thanks for the info.

zyzzle 03-08-12 06:32 PM

Thanks, Fox for finally doing TFC justice. This was a surprise (a GOOD surprise for once!) which made my day.

Only trouble is I can't find a copy at ANY Best Buy. Will this eventually get a wide release? Hope we're not stuck with a BB exclusive.

Artman 03-08-12 10:35 PM

Picked TFC up today... almost made up for BB not having Game of Thrones in stock all week. Tons of these new fox releases on the shelf, which you'd expect when they're advertised at $25. Nice 26pg booklet included as well.

Giles 03-09-12 12:20 AM

had no problem finding a copy of 'TFC' out in Columbia Maryland this afternoon - the BB stickers are a pain to peel off though.

RocShemp 03-09-12 05:52 AM

I'm gonna pick up TFC after work today (been waiting what feels like a long time to own it on BD). Since I've never owned WS, I may pick it up as well.

E Unit 03-09-12 11:52 AM

I'm really surprised that the new release has a 24 page booklet about the movie. No one's mentioned that before I believe. I'm guessing it's part of this Series. nice booklet indeed.

Tyler_Durden 04-03-12 03:27 AM

Do you guys think the new edition of French Connection will eventually be available at other retailers as well, or will it remain a BB exclusive?

E Unit 04-03-12 07:13 AM

I don't think any Best Buy exclusive has been permanent, so at some point it should be availible everywhere.