DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Warner HD-DVDs at DeepDiscount? (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/540633-warner-hd-dvds-deepdiscount.html)

ENDContra 09-29-08 04:24 AM

Warner HD-DVDs at DeepDiscount?

So I had a bunch of Warner HD-DVDs on my wishlist at DD, hoping that a few would still be in stock come the 20% off sale next month. Well now they are all showing as being discontinued. Does this mean they are officially sold out of these? The only reason I question it is during the last sale, I tried to pick up The Bourne Supremacy HD-DVD, but it was also discontinued, but I was able to pick it up from DD earlier this month. Im really hoping these will become available again soon.

steebo777 09-29-08 10:30 AM

I have HP: GoF, Goodfellas and Land of the Dead still waiting in 'Backordered' land.

Moopher 09-29-08 11:44 AM

I noticed at the WHV store they are suddenly no longer listed. So I'm guessing they must be done for.

Qui Gon Jim 09-29-08 01:56 PM

Hopefully no one is shocked by this...

steelpotato 09-29-08 05:32 PM

Why on earth did people wait? You REALLY thought they'd still be available months later for the next sale? Oh dear...

g 09-29-08 05:33 PM

They finally shipped my last order The Departed today.

JimRochester 09-29-08 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by g (Post 8971917)
They finally shipped my last order The Departed today.

So the Departed has departed?

I grabbed just about everything I wanted early on. They weren't dirt cheap but I wanted to make sure I had enough movies to make the players I had worthwhile.

I looked through the inet video page and I have almost everything I want but the ones I don't have are too expensive for HD. I'll wait for the BD to drop a bit.

The Bus 09-29-08 11:25 PM

Well, that blows. I really wanted to get my hands on the Kubrick ones and I was hoping for $10 or so prices.

RyoHazuki 09-30-08 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by The Bus (Post 8972542)
Well, that blows. I really wanted to get my hands on the Kubrick ones and I was hoping for $10 or so prices.

I wouldn't worry. My local Fry's electronics has stacks upon stacks of unsold hd-dvds.

ENDContra 09-30-08 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by steelpotato (Post 8971914)
Why on earth did people wait? You REALLY thought they'd still be available months later for the next sale? Oh dear...

Because we are all cheap and want the absolute best deal possible? :) Really though, I just added them to my wishlist a little over a week ago, figured some might disappear by November...didnt guess all of them would.

steelpotato 09-30-08 04:59 AM

Yeah fair call, I'm still surprised as this was the best deal :)...Guess the best you can probably do now is dvd.co.uk, amazon uk and hmv uk for the warner discs, but remember the international cut of THE SHINING is about half an hour shorter than the US one; if you were after that.

DegenerateX 09-30-08 12:59 PM

Fry's.

This is your best bet if you have one close by. They still have TONS of HD DVD's including WB.

davidh777 09-30-08 01:25 PM

Bunch on sale at Amazon

bboisvert 09-30-08 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by davidh777 (Post 8973816)
Bunch on sale at Amazon

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.htm...84351&plpage=1

Cool, thanks for the heads-up. Just picked up Justice League and I Am Legend (finally).

My HD DVD want list is shrinking rapidly...

kenbuzz 09-30-08 11:38 PM

Also check out inetvideo.com for titles from 5.99 and up, or order from overseas from www.dvd.co.uk for their 2-for-£10 sale (add £1 per title s/h, works out to ~$12 ea).

ENDContra 10-01-08 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by steelpotato (Post 8972758)
Yeah fair call, I'm still surprised as this was the best deal :)...Guess the best you can probably do now is dvd.co.uk, amazon uk and hmv uk for the warner discs, but remember the international cut of THE SHINING is about half an hour shorter than the US one; if you were after that.

Good to know on The Shining...will probably pick that and A Clockwork Orange up from Amazon...

Are there any other international discs that are preferable or should be avoided? I know the French T2 has both cuts of the film, but I havent seen that for a decent price yet.

steelpotato 10-01-08 05:19 AM

There are a few combos that dumped the SD side overseas. Um American Gangster, American Werewolf in London, Land of the Dead off the top of my head, but I believe most.
In fact the only combo disc I have is the Australian Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, which is region 1 on the sd side - a lot of hd-dvds really are exact replicas of the US disc down to having 'R' or 'pg-13' in front of the film.

BuckNaked2k 10-01-08 06:53 AM

Zodiac still $28 -ohbfrank-