Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Wall-E 11/18!

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Wall-E 11/18!

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-08, 08:33 AM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Icon769
Typo, I meant to say "Does the 3 Disc edition have a regular Blu-Ray CASE inside?"
Yes. It is a bit thicker than your average BD case, but it is essentially the same thing, just designed to hold 3-discs safely, hence, thicker.
Old 11-19-08, 09:10 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It's sorta like the case used for the Die Hard collection.
Old 11-19-08, 09:58 AM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Moopher
I know this is a bit off topic...

But when I was at BB tonight, they had a new Blade Runner case, 5 discs in smaller case (the size of the Wall-e Three disc BD, or Justice League Season One BD) The damn thing was jam-packed, i'm glad I got the larger former case.

Back on topic! I bought this blindly this morning, and really loved it! It looks amazing! And its a pretty good movie around to top it all off. Way to go Disney!
From what I gathered from other people, the big cases are discontinued. We won't see cases like Blade Runner, Prison Break Season 1, Smallville S6 anymore. They will all be these smaller cases with flappers.
Old 11-19-08, 10:03 AM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Picked up the 2-disc Blu-ray yesterday. Would have liked to get the 3-disc set but I had store credit and the particular store I went to only carried the 2-disc. I do like how they used the bulkier (but not by much) case for the 3-disc ... it (and the nice slipcover) give you that sense of added value you wouldn't have gotten if the third disc was just packed into the normal case in an envelope or something.
Old 11-19-08, 11:14 AM

Disney BD-Live Network Registration Problem

Wall-E is my first Disney BD Live title, so I went to register with the Disney BD-Live Network last night. I was able to register for a general Disney account, but I cannot complete the process of registering on the Disney BD Live website. When I go there, I click on "Register Now" and then "I Accept." It prompts me to enter my login name and password (which I do) and then click "Next Step." This is where the problem occurs. It doesn't do anything after I click on this button (does not proceed to Step 3). The screen just stays the same.

I've tried creating an new account, and while it lets me create the new account, it will still not let me proceed past Step 3 to Age Verification (Step 4). I've tried logging into both accounts from my PS3, and it tells me that while I'm a member of the Disney Online community, I need to register for their BD-Live Network (which I'm trying to do).

I tried this on Mac OS X 10.5 (Safari and Firefox) and on Windows XP SP3 (Firefox, IE 7, and Safari). It behaves the same regardless of platform and browser.

Is anyone else having this issue?
Old 11-19-08, 11:53 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by BartleyR7
Wall-E is my first Disney BD Live title, so I went to register with the Disney BD-Live Network last night. I was able to register for a general Disney account, but I cannot complete the process of registering on the Disney BD Live website. When I go there, I click on "Register Now" and then "I Accept." It prompts me to enter my login name and password (which I do) and then click "Next Step." This is where the problem occurs. It doesn't do anything after I click on this button (does not proceed to Step 3). The screen just stays the same.

I've tried creating an new account, and while it lets me create the new account, it will still not let me proceed past Step 3 to Age Verification (Step 4). I've tried logging into both accounts from my PS3, and it tells me that while I'm a member of the Disney Online community, I need to register for their BD-Live Network (which I'm trying to do).

I tried this on Mac OS X 10.5 (Safari and Firefox) and on Windows XP SP3 (Firefox, IE 7, and Safari). It behaves the same regardless of platform and browser.

Is anyone else having this issue?
I had the same problem. Used IE on one my other laptops to get it to work.
Old 11-19-08, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
I had the same problem. Used IE on one my other laptops to get it to work.
Would you mind telling me your system/browser specifics? It seems to me like it could potentially be a JavaScript issue with the website, but I've tried all of those settings.
Old 11-19-08, 12:41 PM
Suspended

Would you mind telling me your system/browser specifics? It seems to me like it could potentially be a JavaScript issue with the website, but I've tried all of those settings.
It was on my GFs laptop...I don't know for sure. Probably the newest IE and she keeps it all up to date. I too tried Firefox and Safari on my MacBook but it wouldn't get past that same screen.
Old 11-19-08, 04:14 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts
yeah I've been having problems with the BD live signup too. The "birthdate" thing is stuck on "01/01/01" and there is no way to change it or to continue. Then when I tried to access the BD live features just to see if it would load, it said "BD Live is not available in your area"

However, the log in screen worked for Sleeping Beauty. This is getting annoying.
Old 11-19-08, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by bluetoast
yeah I've been having problems with the BD live signup too. The "birthdate" thing is stuck on "01/01/01" and there is no way to change it or to continue. Then when I tried to access the BD live features just to see if it would load, it said "BD Live is not available in your area"

However, the log in screen worked for Sleeping Beauty. This is getting annoying.

That is the same problem I am having with Sleeping Beauty. All my other online discs work but not disney.
Old 11-19-08, 05:10 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

From what I gathered from other people, the big cases are discontinued. We won't see cases like Blade Runner, Prison Break Season 1, Smallville S6 anymore. They will all be these smaller cases with flappers.

I'm not quite sure what to think of that...That small case for 5(+) discs...it felt pretty damn tight to me. Oh well, not much one can do about it anyway.
Old 11-19-08, 05:38 PM

It was on my GFs laptop...I don't know for sure. Probably the newest IE and she keeps it all up to date. I too tried Firefox and Safari on my MacBook but it wouldn't get past that same screen.
I finally got it to work, but I have no idea why it worked (it shouldn't have). I had already created an account (could log into other Disney sites and everything), but I went in on the BD-Live site and registered a new account anyway (but I used all of the same information, including email address, of my existing account). This time it let me on through to Step 4 (Age Verification).

So somehow I created an entirely new account using the same email address, but this one is now part of the BD-Live Network. I would not want to see their database.

Originally Posted by bluetoast

I have not encountered this problem before. What browser are you using? I'm assuming that it's just Disney DVDs you're having an issue with.
Old 11-19-08, 05:52 PM

If you are continuing to have issues you can contact Disney Technical Support at 1-800-723-4763.
Old 11-19-08, 06:34 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 274 Likes on 206 Posts
I have not encountered this problem before. What browser are you using? I'm assuming that it's just Disney DVDs you're having an issue with.
I used both Firefox and Internet Explorer. But yeah, I've been able to access BD Live with The Fall and Forgetting Sarah Marshall (side note for this one, is it possible to DL the content, or can I only stream it?), so it's only a problem with Disney DVDs.

Update: The site ended up working, so I'm up and running!

Last edited by bluetoast; 11-19-08 at 06:48 PM.
Old 11-20-08, 06:12 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

My sister wants to buy the 3 disc Blu-Ray version. But does anyone know if disc 3 will play in your normal DVD player? She plans to go blu within a year.
Old 11-20-08, 07:19 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts
No it won't.
Old 11-20-08, 02:17 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I know a lot of people are probably purchasing this through the various sales right now, but is anyone else noticing the immense lack of these in-store? Went to both Target and Wal-Mart within the past two days for various items, and neither had the 3-Disc Wall-E BD -- while Target had no Wall-E Blu at all.
Old 11-20-08, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by sm8680
My sister wants to buy the 3 disc Blu-Ray version. But does anyone know if disc 3 will play in your normal DVD player? She plans to go blu within a year.
The digital copy will play on a computer or Ipod or on a television via ipod.
Old 11-20-08, 03:47 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster
I know a lot of people are probably purchasing this through the various sales right now, but is anyone else noticing the immense lack of these in-store? Went to both Target and Wal-Mart within the past two days for various items, and neither had the 3-Disc Wall-E BD -- while Target had no Wall-E Blu at all.
Every major chain I've been in (Best Buy, Future Shop, HMV) has ample supply of the 2-disc Blu-ray. I did however notice that the 3-disc Blu-ray was a lot more limited ... I've only seen it in stock at Best Buy and Future Shop the first day it was released (and in substantially less numbers than the 2-disc), but it's been M.I.A. since then.
Old 11-20-08, 04:13 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by gryffinmaster
I'm not sure if it's just because Target didn't order much Wall-E on blu, but it seems to be sold out at every one of them. WalMart and Best Buy had the 2-disc, but I keep hoping that someone will get some of the 3-disc restocked so I can pick it up.
Old 11-20-08, 04:21 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

i got my 3-disc on release day at Best Buy, but since then, I havent seen many copies, if any, anywhere of the 3-disc.

Last edited by NiCK Crush; 11-20-08 at 04:35 PM.
Old 11-20-08, 04:32 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I had to go hunting at Wal-Mart for the three-disc. There were none on the massive display in the aisle. I had to go to the actual Blu-ray section, and even there they only had three copies. You really had to look closely.
Old 11-20-08, 05:39 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sm8680
But does anyone know if disc 3 will play in your normal DVD player?
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin
No it won't.
Originally Posted by gjamesm
The digital copy will play on a computer or Ipod or on a television via ipod.
Well, that's just GREAT.

Why in the WORLD would they make it so you couldn't use it like let's say...on a portable DVD player?

-For THEEK's sake!

Last edited by The Edit King; 11-20-08 at 05:44 PM. Reason: Because I'm tying to break the Internet World Record.
Old 11-20-08, 05:54 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
They generally don't want to pack in a DVD, because then you could sell it or give it to someone who could otherwise buy it. They did pack one in with Sleeping Beauty though, and it looks like Pinocchio will have one.

Of course, there's nothing to stop someone from selling or giving away the digital copy, but I imagine it wouldn't fetch as much as a DVD.

I think they're also trying to discourage people from ripping discs by providing a way to legally watch the movie on a portable device.
Old 11-20-08, 05:59 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Okay. I get it.

Don't like it, but I get it.

Thanks for the quick response Drexl. I appreciate that.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.