Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Wall-E 11/18!

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Wall-E 11/18!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-08, 02:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks. It certainly is confusing, though, as the picture indicates it is just widescreen. Even the special features list does not indicate it is more than 1 disc, while the other version at least indicates its 2 disc. Special feature also indicate both have the digital copy.
Old 11-18-08, 11:21 AM

I picked up the 3-disc blu-ray of this at wal-mart today. It was on the shelf right next to the 2-disc. Both were priced at $29.95. Which was a nice little surprise since I was planning on just buying the 2-disc. I was curious to see how much the regular dvd was. It is actually more expensive than the blu-ray. The 3-disc dvd was $33.95. I never thought i'd see the day when a blu-ray set was actually cheaper than its dvd counterpart.
Old 11-18-08, 12:45 PM
Suspended

Received 101 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by DVDGamer
So does Deep Discount not have the digital copy as the option seems to be single disk and 2 disk only?
There is no single disc WALL-E on Blu-ray. Its either the 2 disc or 3 disc version.
Old 11-18-08, 12:54 PM
DVD Talk Reviewer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
One question for you guys.

I'm sort of disappointed that no trailers or promotional material appear to be included on the 3-disc standard-def release (I did happen to find an Easter Egg, but it's just some test footage). I did read in another review, however, that a collection of trailers is included on the Blu-Ray release. Has anyone found these trailers hidden away on the standard-def Special Edition, or did Disney short-change us on this one?
Old 11-18-08, 01:36 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Randy Miller III
One question for you guys.

I'm sort of disappointed that no trailers or promotional material appear to be included on the 3-disc standard-def release (I did happen to find an Easter Egg, but it's just some test footage). I did read in another review, however, that a collection of trailers is included on the Blu-Ray release. Has anyone found these trailers hidden away on the standard-def Special Edition, or did Disney short-change us on this one?
There is a collection of trailers on Disc 2. I have no idea if these are WALL-E ones or not though.
Old 11-18-08, 02:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
So what are the differences between the 2 disc and 3 disc sets? If they BOTH have the digital copy what the hell is the third disc? Thanks in advance!
Old 11-18-08, 02:49 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by Jonno2006
So what are the differences between the 2 disc and 3 disc sets? If they BOTH have the digital copy what the hell is the third disc? Thanks in advance!
Hasn't this been answered already? Only the 3-disc has the digital copy, and that is the difference.
Old 11-18-08, 02:51 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Jonno2006
Originally Posted by awil1026
Hasn't this been answered already? Only the 3-disc has the digital copy, and that is the difference.
Answered a few times.

3 Disc set has a Digital Copy and Slip Cover. Thats its. Everything else is the same as the 2 Disc BD. So if you love Digital Copies and/or want a Slip Cover to match your other Animated Disney flicks get the 3 Disc BD set.
Old 11-18-08, 03:06 PM
DVD Talk Ultimate Edition

Got the 3-disc for no other reason than it having the slipcover... I have no need for the digital copy. I will say though, that this is an excellent 3-disc case. Much sturdier than the Speed Racer/Get Smart 3-disc cases. Love it.
Old 11-18-08, 03:08 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Originally Posted by NiCK Crush
Got the 3-disc for no other reason than it having the slipcover... I have no need for the digital copy. I will say though, that this is an excellent 3-disc case. Much sturdier than the Speed Racer/Get Smart 3-disc cases. Love it.
One of the many differences between a BD release handled by Disney and a BD release handled by WB.
Old 11-18-08, 03:35 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
One of the many differences between a BD release handled by Disney and a BD release handled by WB.
And Fox. Amazed they squeezed 3 discs for Firefly in a standard BD case. Would have much rather had the Disney case instead.
Old 11-18-08, 05:08 PM
DVD Talk Gold Edition

Originally Posted by Mr. Cinema
Yeah, just check out Nixon & JFK... easy to tell which one came from Disney & which one came from Warner lol.

On topic, my 2-discer came today, can't wait to watch this & Tropic Thunder tonight, nice double feature!
Old 11-18-08, 06:02 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
I really love the care Disney is putting into their BD releases compared to other studios. My 3 Disc finally shipped from Amazon so hopefully I will be watching it this weeked. I picked up the 3 disc one because it was basically the same price as the 2 disc one at Amazon and I may use the digital copy at some point.
Old 11-18-08, 06:30 PM
DVD Talk Legend

I finally received my copy and it looks great!
Watching all the extras right now.

I also copied the movie to my PC, digital copy and transferred it to my iPhone. It looks really good there too.
Old 11-18-08, 07:32 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 812 Likes on 686 Posts
Disney really puts the other studios to shame in their overall presentation of the product. You can tell every aspect of the BDs were logically thought out and tested unlike some of the cheaper studios. When you pause Wall*E they even give a name to each chapter that coincides with the scene going on in the movie. I really wish Disney would swallow Warner whole.
Old 11-18-08, 07:35 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
And Fox. Amazed they squeezed 3 discs for Firefly in a standard BD case. Would have much rather had the Disney case instead.
Yeah, and my Firefly case was broken on the inside and was the last copy the store had. The Wall-E case is sturdier than the other cheap multi disc cases that some other studios are using.
Old 11-18-08, 08:02 PM
DVD Talk Hero

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I went to Target this morning (around 9 am) with a copy of their web page showing the 2-disc set for $24.49 and the 3-disc set for $24.99. (Target & Amazon are in bed together and DOING THE DEED, if ya didn't know.)

We use our portable player when we vacation or spend the weekend at Disneyland and these digital copies come in handy for that, so for 4 cents more, why not? It sure as Heck beats the Hell outta paying full price for a SD version.

The 3-disker in store price was $29.99. (BTW)

Here's the LinkyDink to the above mentioned page.

After showing a sales guy the online printout, another sales dude nearby overheard us talking about it and started to grumble and shaking his head and mentioned something about how they don't match the Target online price in the Target store, but the first guy thought that 'was weird' (as he put it) and obviously having managerial superiority over the sour puss, he gave me the 3-disc for $24.99.

No shipping. No waiting. I Likey.

-Tek!

Last edited by The Edit King; 11-20-08 at 05:23 PM. Reason: Because that's what I do.
Old 11-18-08, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by darkside
I really love the care Disney is putting into their BD releases compared to other studios.
Absolutely. They are easily my favorite studio thus far when it comes to BDs.
Old 11-18-08, 11:07 PM

Does the 3 Disc Blu-Ray have a regular Blu-Ray disc inside the slip cover? Or is it all cardboard once you open it?
Old 11-18-08, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by Icon769
Does the 3 Disc Blu-Ray have a regular Blu-Ray disc inside the slip cover? Or is it all cardboard once you open it?
The blu-ray case is not eco-friendly like the DVD release, no.
Old 11-18-08, 11:26 PM

Typo, I meant to say "Does the 3 Disc edition have a regular Blu-Ray CASE inside?"
Old 11-18-08, 11:29 PM
DVD Talk Platinum Edition

Originally Posted by GizmoDVD
I know this is a bit off topic...

But when I was at BB tonight, they had a new Blade Runner case, 5 discs in smaller case (the size of the Wall-e Three disc BD, or Justice League Season One BD) The damn thing was jam-packed, i'm glad I got the larger former case.

Back on topic! I bought this blindly this morning, and really loved it! It looks amazing! And its a pretty good movie around to top it all off. Way to go Disney!
Old 11-19-08, 12:35 AM

Originally Posted by PhantomStranger
Disney really puts the other studios to shame in their overall presentation of the product. You can tell every aspect of the BDs were logically thought out and tested unlike some of the cheaper studios. When you pause Wall*E they even give a name to each chapter that coincides with the scene going on in the movie. I really wish Disney would swallow Warner whole.
As good as Disney products are, their HDs are usually more expensive and not relatively available through other cheaper options like CH. So I still prefer to let Warner be Warner. The big discounts you can get on these movies make it worthwhile. Sometimes you can even get these for free!
Old 11-19-08, 07:36 AM
DVD Talk Godfather

Received 913 Likes on 648 Posts

What? I thought generally Disney has some of the cheaper Blu prices. Just because they aren't a part of Columbia House isn't a real reason to call foul.
Old 11-19-08, 07:48 AM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 309 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by Michael Corvin

What? I thought generally Disney has some of the cheaper Blu prices. Just because they aren't a part of Columbia House isn't a real reason to call foul.
The price you pay for Wall-E on Blu-Ray is well worth the value you get. I don't understand his point either.

Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.