Go Back  DVD Talk Forum > DVD Discussions > HD Talk
Reload this Page >

Chuck Season 1 and Supernatural Season 3 headed to Blu November 11th

Community
Search
HD Talk The place to discuss Blu-ray, 4K and all other forms and formats of HD and HDTV.

Chuck Season 1 and Supernatural Season 3 headed to Blu November 11th

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-08, 07:53 AM
Banned by request

Received 778 Likes on 582 Posts
I fell in love with her.....the show ain't bad either. But after watching the episodes on BD, then compared with a couple of episodes I DVR'd, I have to say the HD broadcast NBC puts out is complete crap. Which is the opposite of what I thought back when this thread began a few months ago. Now I'm dreading watching the new episodes coming out at the end of January. Still watching it though....I can't deny her.

And I think Adam Baldwin has found the perfect role for him. He does something every damn episode that cracks me up.
Old 12-31-08, 06:07 PM
DVD Talk Legend

Received 257 Likes on 181 Posts
Originally Posted by Mr. Salty
I just looked the show up on IMDb and the technical specs say that the show was shot on 16mm film, so that may well be the problem.
The show just plain has hideous photography, especially the first season. They shoot on 16mm and then jack up the contrast electronically in post-production. The picture is soft, has serious detail crush in both whites and blacks, and is grainy upon grainy upon grainy upon grainy. The style is simply not appropriate to the subject matter. They really ought to shoot in digital video.

The second season has been a small improvement in picture quality, but not much of one.
Old 01-08-09, 06:59 AM
DVD Talk Special Edition

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Chuck Season 1 and Supernatural Season 3 headed to Blu November 11th

Does the DVD version of Supernatural S3 include the code for the digital copies? Or is it only the Blu Ray?