DVD Talk Forum

DVD Talk Forum (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/)
-   HD Talk (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk-55/)
-   -   Zodiac (https://forum.dvdtalk.com/hd-talk/535702-zodiac.html)

THE ALCHEMIST 07-16-08 10:42 AM

Zodiac

Hi - i hope there's not a thread on this already(i didn't find one),but has anyone heard anything regarding a Blu Ray release for Zodiac by David Fincher? I really liked this film and was a little bummed that it was only released on the HD DVD format......

bjh_18 07-16-08 11:06 AM

It was only released on HD DVD because at that time Paramount was HD DVD exclusive.

There has been no official word on a U.S. Blu-ray release for Zodiac (there is a region free import available), but it is widely rumored that Paramount will release it by the end of the year.

SkipKassidy 07-16-08 12:01 PM

If I had to guess, Zodiac will arrive to Blu-ray sometime in December to coincide with the theatrical release of The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

Frozenhamster 07-16-08 12:24 PM

It damn well better!

jeffkjoe 07-16-08 01:19 PM

I remember the disturbing stabbing scene at Lake Barryonessa (or whatever that lake is called) All that blood should look real nice in HD.

kefrank 07-16-08 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by jeffkjoe
I remember the disturbing stabbing scene at Lake Barryonessa (or whatever that lake is called) All that blood should look real nice in HD.

that scene is very off-putting, though it's not actually all that bloody. as someone who owns the HD DVD, the whole movie looks fantastic in hi-def.

bunkaroo 07-16-08 01:42 PM

There is an import Blu-Ray available, but it is a downgrade in audio from the current domestic HD DVD. It's quite possible any eventual domestic Blu-Ray will be an upgrade in audio if they use TrueHD, but for now I am sticking with the HD DVD.

Willh51 07-16-08 01:57 PM

I got the HD DVD as kind of my last hurrah to the format and it is fantastic.

Mr. Cinema 07-16-08 02:19 PM

Sometime in October...

I want both cuts of the movie on BD!

BuckNaked2k 07-16-08 03:40 PM

The HD DVD remains pricey...

eldragun 07-23-08 08:00 AM

I heard Somewhere that it will street in Blu-ray on Sept. 9.......

Can anyone confirm?

HumanMedia 07-23-08 08:18 PM

Originally Posted by bunkaroo
There is an import Blu-Ray available, but it is a downgrade in audio from the current domestic HD DVD. It's quite possible any eventual domestic Blu-Ray will be an upgrade in audio if they use TrueHD, but for now I am sticking with the HD DVD.

The import also has some of the extras only in standard def, whilst the HD DVD all of the extras in hidef. Im hoping for full hidef extras and uncompressed audio in the USA release, but I wouldn't be surprised if the USA Blu-ray release is identical to the international releases...

hapgilmore 10-07-08 09:43 AM

January 27th according to blu-ray.com

Gizmo 10-07-08 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by hapgilmore (Post 8988882)
January 27th according to blu-ray.com

Yep, got bumped back into 09 like some other titles.

american-pie92 10-25-08 03:43 PM

Can you get Se7en or Fight Club on Blu-Ray? And yes I am a Fincher freak!

Drexl 10-25-08 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by american-pie92 (Post 9028419)

No, neither has been rumored or announced. The Game is available on HD DVD though, if you happen to have a player.

Copper Blue 10-25-08 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by american-pie92 (Post 9028419)

Fight Club is being released in Germany in December. No word on region coding yet.

butterbean 10-26-08 01:44 AM

I have the import and it looks phenomenal...had the HD DVD and yep..looked just as good

Carcaridon 10-27-08 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Drexl (Post 9028465)
No, neither has been rumored or announced. The Game is available on HD DVD though, if you happen to have a player.

I've been waiting for a great DVD version of The Game forever. I'm hoping that when, someday, it's released on BD that it finally gets the special edition treatment it deserves.

Mr. Cinema 01-27-09 02:28 PM

Re: Zodiac

Does anyone know if Target is carrying this one? Price?

thanks.

musick 01-27-09 02:37 PM

it's certainly not in the ad
if they have it ... don't know but I can bet if they do it is in limited quantity and at full SRP
I'm going there in a few so I'll check but I don't anticipate seeing it

as much as I like this movie I'll wait for a sale/price drop ... I'm not paying 24.99 for catalog in this economy .... hear that studios

Mr. Cinema 01-27-09 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by musick (Post 9226612)
it's certainly not in the ad
if they have it ... don't know but I can bet if they do it is in limited quantity and at full SRP
I'm going there in a few so I'll check but I don't anticipate seeing it

as much as I like this movie I'll wait for a sale/price drop ... I'm not paying 24.99 for catalog in this economy .... hear that studios

Most/all? of Paramount's catalog titles, since being BD only, have had a $29.99 list price, except this one, which is $36.99. I'm not paying $25 either, and this was my favorite film of '07.

musick 01-27-09 03:57 PM

not in stock at Target and no place setting for it

BB had it at $29.99 and there was a sticker on it for a $10 rebate if you purchased the dvd (not sure what the conditions are for the rebate .... ie. upc or upc and original receipt)

Amazon has the best price at $24.99 which as I said is not a "best" price

sg2386 01-27-09 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by musick (Post 9226780)
not in stock at Target and no place setting for it

BB had it at $29.99 and there was a sticker on it for a $10 rebate if you purchased the dvd (not sure what the conditions are for the rebate .... ie. upc or upc and original receipt)

Amazon has the best price at $24.99 which as I said is not a "best" price

The $10 rebate is if you have the DVD version, basically you have to provide the original UPC from the DVD and the Blu-ray version and mail the card.